“My Favourite!”

Mandarin Oriental, Miami
Ranked #4 of 124 Hotels in Miami
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I've stayed in many hotels but this is definitely my favourite. The moment we landed, Peter made us so welcome at the front door. Check-in was no bother. We got a fantastic room on the sixth floor with a fine, big balcony. The view was amazing. It is a quiet area away from all the hustle and bustle.
I loved everything about this hotel, the staff, service, pools. They even had sun tan lotion by the pool, just in case you forgot yours.
I loved their toiletries and especially loved the calendar in the room. It's the nicest one I've ever seen. I purchased the toiletries in the shop. I will definitely be back!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Mandarin Oriental, Miami

Reviewed 29 June 2014

If you're familiar with the Mandarin Oriental Brand, this hotel will not disappoint. The rooms are very well appointed, and have a connection panel with the tech-savvy traveler in mind. From usb power to an HTML connection (connect your tablet/laptop to the flat-panel display/TV) and the very comfortable bedding, the hotel is extremely comfortable without going overboard. The place has pervasive WiFi, and that is particularly useful for sitting on the room's balcony overlooking the water. Not an inexpensive property to be sure, but one that delivers value and a good location.

I thought the in-room espresso machine a nice touch, with several varieties of coffee provided.

1  Thank Staten_Islander
Reviewed 29 June 2014

took advantage of their special offer of a night free to stay at the fabulous Mandarin Oriental. The Two first class restaurants and excellent service. The room was beautiful with views to match. Great location as well.

Room Tip: I don't think they have a bad room but ask for one with a view of the bay.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 June 2014

I read about the reviews before I decided to stay there. It is five star but with an edge. The private beach is quiet and nice, the room is like all five stars, the balcony is superb, the lobby looks unique but there are no extras like apples or cookies in the lobby and even the fitness room. The views from the hotel are spectacular. I noticed that when the doors close, everywhere shakes up. I forgot something in the ice area and it was still there 2 days later. Their employees are very nice but too apologetic. I loved the hotel but something was missing. Will I stay there again? Maybe yes or maybe no. There are other 5 star hotels that are comparable..

Room Tip: I stayed on 6th floor and they have huge balconies
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank second22
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Everything about this hotel is perfect, you will be welcomed with a very nice tea which I found a very delicate detail and a distinguished signature of the brand, the ambiance is very glamorous and the service impecable. Every detail in my room from the background music to the expresso machine seemed to have been carefully chosen to create an atmosphere of relax. The view was quite amazing and the restaurants are really great not just hotel food but gastronomic and very selected places. Will definitely be back,

Room Tip: I had 1212 and it was a great room
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I use this hotel as a base for my trips to Miami......living in Costa Rica.....Miami is a great spot for shopping, medical, business or just a little fun.....the MO is always a delight.....from the staff....to the rooms.....Jay at the concierge desk was a huge help each day.....helping to plan my shopping trips.....or handling errands for me......I enjoyed the lobby bar and was able to watch Costa Rica beat Italy in soccer there......poolside restaurant was great......room service (food) was hit and miss but the service was excellent.

Tulemar Dave

1  Thank TulemarDave
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I have never been as impressed with a hotel, from start to finish as I am with the Mandarin Oriental Miami. The location on Brickell Key offers some amazing views, the staff at the hotel is top-notch, the pool and beach are very nice, and the rooms are beautiful and well appointed.

My husband and I stayed for a night stay-cation, as the hotel is about 25 minutes from our home. We rented a cabana on the beach for a half-day. The beach is interesting, as you can not actually swim in the bay. However, I'm not sure of another spot where you have such an interesting view of both the bay and the Miami skyline. The beach has a colony of iguanas that are fun to look at and feed. They're not shy and made for some interesting moments throughout the day. We were also treated to three dolphins swimming by within 50 feet of the beach. If you want to be in the water, you have to walk up to the infinity pool, just a few steps away. We did order lunch on the beach, and while the service was excellent, the food was actually pretty meh. Expensive, too. I ordered the cobb salad, which I thought was surprisingly tasteless. A small blip on an otherwise perfect afternoon.
The room itself was lovely. Very nice soaps and shampoo. Amazing view of the skyline and bay. Nice desk for working. Comfy chair. Narrow balcony, but enough to stand on. Lovely tub and shower. The bed is quite firm, but not uncomfortable at all. There's also an illy coffee machine, fully stocked.
Where the hotel really excels is service. We were quite pleasantly greeted upon check in. A small box of nice chocolate was waiting in the room (an orange one and a key lime one - very well thought out). Later, the manager had a small plate of chocolate dipped strawberries sent up to the room - as we were here celebrating our 15th anniversary. The nicest surprise was a turndown service that included rose petals strewn on the floor and arranged in a heart shape on the bed - included free of charge, and without us requesting or expecting it. What an amazing surprise.
In all, I can't recall ever being treated so well in a hotel, even ones that I have a strong business relationship with. This hotel is a winner, and one we will return to when we can.

Room Tip: Loved having a skyline view. Prefer that to the bay view, honestly.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple