“Always a pleasure to stay here ...”

Mandarin Oriental, Miami
Ranked #5 of 124 Hotels in Miami
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I've been going to Miami for meetings regularly for the past 15 years or so and have to say, this is my favourite hotel -- I've stayed in many others (The Setai, Four Seasons, The Ritz etc) and we always come back to Brickell Key
Warm, professional service, outstanding rooms, great food and I love the new lobby bar -- five stars all around
Indulge yourself and stay here -- you won't regret it!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Mandarin Oriental, Miami

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Charging for $15 for Wifi access for 24 hours!! Really? I could understand this if it were 1990. Great hotel otherwise. Rooms and staff are excellent and made our overnight stop great, but the wifi charge really is out-dated. Come on Mandarin, you are better than that!

Room Tip: The higher you go, the better the view. We were on the 10th floor with a (requested) city view. Gr...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TomatoWashbag
MOResponse, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Miami, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor. Your constructive comments are very important to us.

I am happy to learn that overall you had an enjoyable experience at the hotel.

I would like to mention that guests who book their reservations on mandarinoriental.com and create a profile will receive complimentary Internet access during their stay. This is to encourage our guest to reserve on the Mandarin Oriental site and obtain information on preferences to ensure they have a most memorable visit.

Thank you again for sharing your comments of your recent stay and hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

I was disappointed in the hotel. Certainly does not live service and product wise to the Mandarin Orientals I am accustomed to. Their private beach is certainly an overstatement too. The location was very close to our office but next I'll look for another option.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent visit to Mandarin Oriental, Miami and for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor.

I sincerely apologize for the disappointing stay and would like to speak with you to inquire in detail what lapses in services you encountered to immediately correct the situation.

I do hope to learn more of what transpired during your stay. I am at your service and may be reached at 305-913-8336

Reviewed 17 August 2014

This hotel was perfect for my expectations . Ihad the latin package that included valet and breakfast and never had a so great experience with zero faults like this . Room confortable with service twice a day . Cofee machine in the room and refigerator .My room had a great view of the bay . Breakfast was very good hading buffet .The la mar restaurant was delicious . Lobby bar very pleasant with great quality of live music .Pool and artificial beach areas not so big with guests prefering the pool area. Gym excellent and confortable . The island were hotel is located is very nice and you may walk around it for walking or jogging like locals do . The best of all for me was the impecable service of all members that is really hard to find today. I really want to congratulate the training team of this hotel .They make you feel like an important guest everywhere

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Beautiful stay delivered as expected. Great food and service is fantastic. Spa was marvelous. It's a treat given the price but at least they deliver. Only one suggestion to have coffee in lobby throughout the morning.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 14 August 2014

We have never stayed at this hotel, but upon getting quoted a good Florida Rate, which included a couple of different options, we decided to stay here. Upon checking in, our agent advised us we did not have this rate and would have to speak with the manager; which proceeded to take close to 15 minutes. During the time we waited, I was able to walk around and view the amenities, which were definitely not what I had expected (small pool, which is where were going to spend the majority of our time). After a very unpleasant start to our weekend, we contacted the hotel where we normally stay and was quoted, and honored, a very good rate and not to mention impeccable service. When we left this hotel, which was about a total of 25 minutes, the valet attendant remarked, "didn't you check in yesterday?" No personal attention to detail whatsoever. We will probably not choose this location again due to the lack of customer service and wrong information we were provided for our reservation.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank soupfamily

Dear Guest,

I regret to learn that your stay was not up to the standards of service we strive to provide to all our guests. I would like to better understand the rate issue that you experienced upon arrival to correct the communication breakdown that occurred when confirming your reservation. If you could share this information with the Executive Office at +1 (305) 913 8288, we will certainly turn around your poor first impression.

Although we are not located in the heart of South Beach, we pride ourselves on being a private island oasis away from the high energy of the beach area with a Five-Star Spa and excellent restaurants. The tranquility and surroundings of our pool and man made beach, although not ample in space or made for swimming, provide a quiet escape for guests trying to get away from other crowded areas of the city.

Thank you again for sharing your valued feedback and again my apologies for the disappointing experience. We hope you will give us another opportunity with a return visit and I am at your service for any future assistance.

Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel on recommendation of my travel agent and simply loved it. Beautiful view right on the edge of the marina.....what a beauty I gotta say. Breakfast buffet was amazing, staff was courteous, concierge desk was helpful. Had an amazing experience!!!!!!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family