“Great place to stay”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Williamson, United States
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed 20 May 2013

I was debating on staying here or at the Hilton downtown Miami for pre cruise. Although I was a little apprehensive about choosing a 2 star hotel vs a 4 star hotel for the same price, I chose the Hampton Inn over the Hilton because of the reviews. The reviews turned out to be correct. This hotel is the cleanest I have ever stayed in. Everything is brand new, and nicely decorated. Good location, a block from the metro mover with trans to just about anywhere you want to go. Staff was very pleasant and helpful, actually got the impression that they enjoyed their job, which you don't get just anywhere. Devony checked us in and was wonderful. She greeted us with a smile each time we returned with a question regarding where to eat, get a cab, directions, etc.... even though she probably answers the same ones all day. Don't let the stars fool you, this was a better experience than most 4 or 5 star hotels I have stayed in.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Eduardo C, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton - Miami Brickell Downtown, responded to this review, 22 May 2013
Dear Brian B,

Wow. I thank you for your great feedback. Feedback such as yours motivates us to continue to offer exceptional customer service to all our guests and strive for 100% guest satisfaction. I am glad to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay at our property and we have met all your expectation. I will make sure to share your feedback with Devony. We sincerely hope to have you stay with us again in the near future.

Eduardo Chapoval, CHA

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (341)
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Gainesville, Florida
Reviewed 18 May 2013

Lots of restaurants within walking distance. Great breakfast, with "green" disposable dishes. But why does Hampton Inn insist on those big fluffy comforters even in Florida? They should provide a light blanket for those of us that get too hot.

Green Features: Very impressed--the hotel appears to have implemented many environmentally-friendly practices. They just forgot to include light bedding for the not-freezing rooms.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Eduardo C, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton - Miami Brickell Downtown, responded to this review, 20 May 2013
Dear LovetheAndes,

Thank you for writing your review. Our motto is "Brickell Elegance - Priced Right" and I am so happy that this was your experience. Regarding your feedback about Hampton bedding, we strictly follow Hampton Brand Standards and you will find same quality bedding at any Hampton brand hotels.

I look forward to seeing in Miami again.

Florida
Reviewed 18 May 2013

I have to say I was pretty disappointed in this place. It's a little confusing getting into the parking garage and the guard in front isn't very tolerant of anyone who spends more than a minute in front. The hotel check in was smooth and they were nice. However, I was there for a Marlins game and told them I would be requesting a taxi. They said just call the lobby and wait on the 1st floor (lobby is on the 6th floor) for the taxi (they don't have a taxi stand). I did so and waited for 20 minutes. I asked the guy working the floor lobby and he said sometimes they are slow. But what was worse was that after the cab came and I got in, the floor lobby guy told me it was someone else's cab (yes, a girl I saw walk up to him and ask for a cab a good 10 mins after I had booked mine). That was pretty low. I would say the guy working the floor lobby wasn't very nice or very customer oriented. I've never had something like this happen anywhere, it's embarrassing. Also, the room is small, you can hear slamming doors and traffic noise (I was on the 14th floor). There is lots of construction in the area. Breakfast is okay but minimal. I only stayed here one night for a Marlins game and I would not stay here again. There are other places that are nicer where you'll be treated better. None of us in my party would stay here again either.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else where they will appreciate your business
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank proftravlr
Eduardo C, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton - Miami Brickell Downtown, responded to this review, 19 May 2013
Dear proftravlr,

Thank you so much for writing your review about your recent stay and I would like to apologize for the problems you experienced. I want to assure you that our staff is committed to provide the same levels of excellent service to all our guests without distinction. Our concierge logs the requests for cabs according to the time they are placed by our guests and call the cab companies. These companies inform us how long they expect the cab will take to be at our hotel and we pass that information to our guest. If the other guest received the cab before you, it means she was first to call, despite not being at the front of the hotel when you got there.

Unfortunately we have no control over the taxi companies nor on the traffic conditions, which can be heavy during rush hours, such as the the time you needed the cab to the stadium.

I hope you do give us another opportunity in the future.

Hereford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 May 2013

My boyfriend and I visited this hotel for 5 nights at the end of April. Upon check in the staff were very friendly and helpful, a real credit to the hotel. Our room was spacious and clean, and our bed very comfy! Breakfast is included in the rate and the buffet was fantastic, plenty of options from cereal and pastries to cooked food. We did find it a little disappointing that the bar didnt open until 6pm, so no available drinks other than the water and coffee they offer complimentry all day, not a huge problem obviously, but on vacation I was looking forward to a glass of wine by the pool during the day. The position of the hotel is pretty central depending on what you want, if you want the beach it is a lot further from South Beach than i thought, however saying that, it is a lovely but long (approx. 2 hour) walk. All in all I will certainly be returning, and would like to thank all the stafffor making our stay most pleasurable.

Dear J33PY,

Wow. I am very humbled to hear that our staff provided with an exceptional service and devoted in making your stay the most pleasurable. We certainly cannot wait to have you return and stay with us once again.

Westfield, New Jersey
Reviewed 17 May 2013

My husband and I stayed at this Hampton Inn while visiting Miami last month. In many ways it is like all other Hampton Inns (This is my husband's favorite chain. I like boutique hotels, unique to their location. He likes what is predictable and anonymous). The breakfast is pretty much the same, varied and more than adequate. The room is contemporary bland, with a comfortable bed and the sink separate from the room with the toilet and tub/shower (My husband hates that feature, thinking it unsanitary). We had asked for a room with just a shower, but they gave us an upgrade (Thank you for that!). Much bigger room, but I did miss that walk-in shower. I'm short, and hate climbing into a tub.

The things that made it special...the in and out parking is super convenient, though not cheap; the view (construction sites during the day, but beautiful city lights at night, including several buildings that were lit up with LEDs that cycled through a rainbow of colors), and the friendly and helpful staff, who guided us to restaurants, the free Metro, and various sights. In all, a good value.

Room Tip: We asked for and received a room on the top floor. Nicest views.
Dear Blockster,

Thank you for your positive feedback about your recent stay with us. I am excited to hear that we have exceeded your expectation and provided value packed stay with exceptional service. I am also glad to hear that we were able to upgrade your room. Please stay with us again when you return to Miami.

Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 15 May 2013

Very clean room, new hotel, very modern decor. Comfortable bedding and bed. Breakfast and wifi included. Generously sized rooms. View was into building across the street but still a good place to stay for the night before a cruise. A large shower that worked for us but some may want a bathtub.
No restaurant in hotel but short walk to busy restaurant area.
Friendly front desk staff. They arranged for shuttle to cruise port for a reasonable price for guests.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Eduardo C, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton - Miami Brickell Downtown, responded to this review, 16 May 2013
Dear Patricia N,

Thank you for staying with us and for writing such a positive review. We hope you had a great time on your cruise. I am glad to hear we provided everything you expected and more. Please keep us in mind when returning to Miami.

Cool, CA
Reviewed 15 May 2013

Clean, quiet, and well-maintained. The room was a standard single with a comfortable bed, a shower large enough for two but no tub. Every employee we came into contact with was helpful, very well trained, and gracious. One thing that stood out was the personal knock on the door from housekeeping supervisor to check and see if everything was up to our standards. I appreciated that. The concierge staff who were located on the first floor (check-in is on the 6th floor) was very helpful on several occasions – with accurate recommendations and suggestions for alternative plans. Everyone seemed eager to please and help. The complementary breakfast features self-made waffles, different entrees each day with standard cereals and a limited choice of fresh fruits. Self-parking was $18/day with easy access and egress. The hotel is located in the Brickell neighborhood of greater Downtown Miami, near South Florida's major financial district. It is half-block away from the free Metro people mover tram system. Like most downtown hotels, the views out the windows are obstructed by tall buildings and banked with parking structures – but folks don’t stay here for the water views, they stay for the great value for the money. The pool and outside sitting area, which was directly below our window was very nice – often filled with guests but we never heard a sound from the 7th floor.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank BruinSeniorTraveler
Dear BruinSeniorTraveler,

Thank you for your detailed review about your recent stay with us and I sincerely appreciate your positive feedback. I see that you enjoyed our hotel's features, amenities, and customer service provided by our staff. We hope to have you again in the near future and we will remain at your service.