This hotel is very nice once you enter...enter on a side street, up to the 6th floor for check in. If you arrive earlier than your scheduled check in time simply leave your luggage upon entry (at street level) because if you don't you will be lugging the stuff back and forth up and down the elevator. The representative (Sasha?) seemed a bit disheveled at the prospect of having to accommodate early arrivals; why, not sure, but plan to adjust your hearing aid so that you can get the details of what is said. There is a TON of construction in the area so don't expect that the area will be full of places for "photo ops" upon arrival to the area. At one point during the cab ride from the airport we were about to get on the phone and make other arrangements. It's OK once you walk around a bit but if you are there during week plan to contend with all of the corporate workers in the area that are just as anxious as you to get a meal at one of the local eateries. The local grocery store is a great stop to get some prepared snacks and interesting finds. Just be aware that there are a lot of people around that are vying for your attention for assistance with cash, food...strange that the store does not do a better job at maintaining a safe distance for shoppers and those that are asking for money, etc...
If you get a chance to get into the pool don't think it is going to be a swimming pool...it is simply a nice place to float on you back and take a look at the sky. The tall buildings block much of the scenery around the building and, again, construction causes debris in the area that gently blows around and the birds are right there to jump at it. I did see a sock (I think) floating from either a higher floor of one of the buildings or it had been swept up in the airstream from the construction and air flow through the area??? Then there was the pleasant grocery store back that caught my attention while I floated in the odd shaped pool... Glad it was a nice day to catch some sights...
The room itself was clean and comfortable. We only stayed overnight so dining was done at the nearby PF Changs rather than searching for a local spot. There was a great deal of noise from the Thursday night crowds out and about.
Oh, and by the way....If you are a member of your local LA Fitness and you think you are going to be able to enjoy a workout at the gym (which takes up a significant area in the small shopping plaza) THINK AGAIN!!!! It is a signature gym and your monthly payment is NOT included in this space! It REALLY looks great from the outside yet we could only enjoy the prospects of a healthy lifestyle from afar.....sooooo sad......"frown face"
All being said this is a great location for a quick stopover if you are heading to a cruise ship and want to just get in, get a nap and be prepared to get out early the next day.
Just a word of advice...get there during daylight hours so that you are not overwhelmed by the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Brickell Elegance - Priced Right.Our boutique style Hampton Inn & Suites® Miami Brickell hotel in Miami Brickell-Downtown area combines urban design, eclectic mix, contemporary art collection, Brickell elegance with the best price for the business and leisure travelers coming to Brickell area. We are located:Within walking distance to Brickell Miami's global financial hub Within 1 to 3 blocks of over 30 of the best restaurants, cafes and bars in the area Shopping and entertainment is within 1 to 3 blocks from our hotel Half-block from our front door, the FREE MetroMover expands our guests’ convenience zone to all of downtown Miami providing easy access to Bayside Marketplace, AmericanAirlines Arena, and Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts The FREE Miami Trolley stops only a couple blocks from us at Mary Brickell Village providing easy access to Bayside Marketplace, American Airlines Arena, and Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts. The MetroRail is also half-block from our front door providing easy access to Dadeland Mall, Coconut Grove, and other parts of the town. The new MetroRail Orange line connects the Miami International Airport MetroRail Station to the Brickell MetroRail Station Less than 5 minutes from the Port of Miami Just 15 minutes from Miami International Airport, Miami Beach, Aventura, Coral Gables, the Dolphin Mall, and the best South Florida Beaches Easy access to major highways: I-95, S.R. 836 (Dolphin Expressway), S.R. 826 (Palmetto Expressway), and Florida Turnpike ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton - Miami Brickell Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Miami/Brickell-Downtown Hotel Miami
- Hampton Inn And Suites Miami/Brickell-Downtown
- Hampton Inn & Suites By Hilton - Miami Brickell Downtown Florida