Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton - Miami/Brickell-Downtown
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
ormond beach, United States
“nice location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

nice location and nice newer hotel. staff extremely polite and helpful. within walking distance to brickell area of miami. nice dining and some nice clubs although some are a younger crowd. I stay here when the price is under $200 other wise during prime season its too expensive for a hampton

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Eduardo C, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton - Miami/Brickell-Downtown, responded to this review, 9 September 2014
Dear Peter M,

Thank you for taking time to write your review, we appreciate it very much. I am pleased to read your stay was to your satisfaction; Complete guest satisfaction is our number one goal. Please know our staff takes great pride in making every guest feel at home and I can assure you they appreciate your comments very much.

We look forward to seeing you here at the hotel again!

Miami, FL 33130

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (326)
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

I must say I don't usually write reviews but must this time. After a week long cruise we decided to stay a few extra days in Miami to shop and was happy we pick this hotel. Location was excellent especially for metrorail and the free metromover. I am considered to be a clean freak and this hotel did not disappoint. Staff was amazing and very courteous. Had our best interest and safety as a priority. Special thanks to the security guard Maning the door (godini gilbert) and the desk concierge Diego . Thank you Hampton Inn for a lovely stay. We will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Close to metro rail and mover. In the financial district - safe area
Green Features: Top notch when it comes to recycle and reuse. Great job.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Y B
Dear Y B,

Thank you for taking time to write your review. I am happy to hear that you had a great stay, and we were able to exceed your expectations. Thank you for your wonderful remarks in regards to our staff and I am positive that both Diego and Godini are honored to receive such high regards from you. Thanks for your comments about some of our green initiatives, we appreciate your support.

We look forward to seeing you here at the hotel again!

nashville, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

Supernice Superlike this hotel enjoyed my morning breakfast with a view of downtown the room was awesome they got me on the top floor excellent view the staff super friendly the bartender at night was great I think her was martina... everything from the modern look to the green energy saving stuff for the rooms was good. I will return to this property when I make another trip to miami.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo

2 Thank Eliu S
Dear Eliu S,

Thank you for choosing us during your recent stay in Miami and for taking time to write this positive review. I am glad to hear that you have enjoyed our breakfast; you are right, the view is one of a kind! Thanks for your comments about our green initiatives, we really appreciate your support.

Please keep us in mind for your next visit. Look forward to seeing you soon!

Best regards,

Suffern, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

Clean. No refrigerator. Air conditioner kept going off. Pool was very small. Bartender not too friendly. Breakfast was good. Good for overall price. Person at front desk not to knowledgeable about where close by restaurant was.

Green Features: Excellent. I guess they are pushing this because I can't submit without writing fifty characters!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear katem j,

Thank you for choosing us during your recent stay in Miami and for taking time to write this positive review. We appreciate your comments and look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Miami.

montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

Very good value for the price and location is convenient for night life as well as access to metromover with a publix and walgreens near by. Hotel is fresh and well maintained and staff is quite friendly although require a bit more knowledge on the concierge side.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Mario K
Dear Mario K,

Wow, thank you for such a pleasant review! We really appreciate all your comments. Thank you for your compliments to our staff as we strive for the 100% guest satisfaction on all occasions. I am glad you and your family had a great stay with us!

We look forward to seeing you at the hotel again soon!

Regards,

Virginia Beach, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

No question that the location is the ideal, so if that's your focus this might be the best choice for you. But if you're looking for an awesome room or service that knocks your socks off, this is not the place. Additionally it is overpriced for what it is.

Now to be fair, this is a Hampton Inn and it doesn't claim to be any more than that. So for those that complain about the lack of room service, valet parking, bellman, an actual restaurant, etc... this is not a Hilton, Marriott nor a Hyatt so you shouldn't expect any of that. No Hamptons have these services as Hampton Inn is the lower category brand of the Hilton family, similar to a Holiday Inn Express. But on the other hand most Hamptons provide microwaves and mini-fridges in every room, so going in knowing and expecting a standard Hampton Inn experience would also lead to being let down in certain areas (as we were for having expected a fridge). And to be honest all this confusion by the guests is somewhat warranted since looking at the property makes one wonder why in the world Hilton didn't just make it a full service hotel and call it a Hilton in the first place? Everything about it from location to design to decor feels like it should be including the somewhat lofty rates. But as it is the place feels like it is stuck being a Hampton while really wanting to break out of the constraints that come with that name and become a Hilton or at least a Hilton Garden Inn (Hilton's in-between tier brand).

So going beyond all that brand stuff and judging the property from a neutral view point leads me to mention the following pros and cons:
The positives are again the location, the brand new look of everything, and in some cases the staff, mostly the breakfast server staff. Additionally the beds and pillows were very good and the parking was convenient and easy, although not cheap. On the negative side was primarily the high price compared to the overall service and experience. Yes, the rates are comparable to other hotels in the area, but again this is a lower category hotel priced as a full service hotel.

I give an average rating for the hotel's breakfast as it was the very standard Hampton Inn mass-produced breakfast menu which is okay the first day, monotonous the 2nd and 3rd, and kind of painful after that. The hotel is very proud of and makes a big deal of the fact that they use plates made of potatoes, but honestly I'd rather they put the effort into making some quality potatoes for breakfast rather than the frigin plates.

Lastly I must note 3 specific service lapses that affected my overall opinion:
1st: was the horrific view from our room dominated by a rooftop full of air conditioners and an immense dirt construction sight beyond it. For the rate paid and as a diamond member of their frequent guest program I would expect much better, but the front desk assured me that there were no other rooms available.
2nd: was the unstoppable blinking red light on the phone that is supposed to indicate a message but was blinking from the moment we entered the room until we left 6 days later. No combination of numbers on the phone nor calls to the front desk could make the blasted thing stop blinking.
3rd: (and most significant) was the shower temperature only getting lukewarm. After a call the first morning brought no resolution I went in person to the front desk and was assured that someone would be sent up to check it out. When coming back that night showed that still nothing had been done I was forced to retrieve my handy Leatherman tool, dismantle the faucet and of course I found a plastic temperature regulator that was set only half-way to hot. A simple adjustment rectified the problem, but obviously I should not have to perform my own maintenance in a hotel room. This lack of responsiveness in service was my biggest issue with the hotel as needing to report an issue like this more than once is not acceptable.

So in the end I feel that the positives and negatives of this hotel about equaled out because we really did enjoy the location, so I am giving it an overall average rating. I definitely might stay here again in the future, but only if I found a better rate than what I found for this stay.

6 Thank frank3355
Eduardo C, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton - Miami/Brickell-Downtown, responded to this review, 19 December 2014
Dear frank3355,

Thank you very much for your review and for informing us about the problem you experienced. I will be sure to share this with our maintenance and front office team so that it does not happen again. Once again thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review and we hope you keep us in mind for your future visits

Arcola, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

Really enjoyed my stay in this new hotel in the heart of Brickell. Many things within walking distance. Huge selection at the complementary breakfast. Large modern rooms. Quiet hotel with inviting lobby and roof top pool. Plenty of parking. Cheerful staff.

2 Thank Ted T
Dear Ted T,

Thank you for choosing us during your recent stay in Miami and for taking time to write this positive review. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our assorted breakfast options; we take great pride in providing ideal options for every taste.

Please keep us in mind for your next visit. We look forward to seeing you soon!

Regards,