Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton - Miami/Brickell-Downtown
Ranked #2 of 121 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
“Wonderful!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2014

We had a rough day of travel and had to spend an unplanned night in a hotel.
Our go to hotel is and will continue to be Hampton Inn & Suites.
They are always very courteous. The shuttle arrived at the airport as scheduled.
We did not have our luggage and were provided with a care package from the hotel which was great.
The room was very clean. The bed and pillows were even better than what we have at home.
Continental breakfast had just about everything you could want including fresh fruit, waffles, scrambled eggs...too much to list.
Check out is noon which is great. However, our flight didn't leave until 7pm in that night, so we asked for a late check out and they let us stay until 3pm!

The location is great, you can walk to Walgreens & McDonalds within two minutes.
Access to the airport, downtown, the zoo, the aquarium and beaches were all within 20 minutes of the hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ae1191
Eduardo C, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton - Miami/Brickell-Downtown, responded to this review, 8 September 2014
Dear ae1191,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your positive comments and experiences of the hotel. I'm delighted to know that our Hampton family was able to make you and your family feel at ease after such a unexpected encounter.
As you mentioned, our location is extremely convenient and I'm glad you were able to take advantage of this. We look forward to having you again during your next visit to Miami.

Warm regards,

Miami, FL 33130

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (326)
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

Hampton Inn really got it right with this one! We only spent one night at the hotel before departing on our Norwegian cruise, but I would have loved to have spent many more. I chose the hotel mainly out of concern for our car while we were gone. I called the hotel and spoke with the concierge, who was over the top helpful and pleasant. He assured me my car would be in a secured garage and they had a special for $5.00 a night parking if you stayed one night in the hotel before you departed on your cruise. I was sold after speaking with him and also finding out how close the port was to the hotel.
When we got to the hotel and entered the 6th floor lobby, I knew I had made a great choice. The decor, the color schemes and the staff welcome you. The hotel was immaculate and very accommodating. We had a great dinner at a nearby restaurant, worked out in their facility overlooking the pool, and took a long swim and watched the sun go down from the pool. Buffett breakfast was included and they did not skimp. It was fabulous. After breakfast, we got on a van to the port that was arranged through the hotel and headed off on our cruise. If you want to stay in a unique hotel with a friendly staff and a safe garage--this property would top my list.

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank lLynns
Dear lLynns,

Thank you for your excellent review, we really appreciate your time. Guest satisfaction is our number one priority and by reading your review, I am happy to notice that we exceeded your expectations.
We appreciate your staff recognition and I am delighted to know that we meet your security standards.

We are looking forward to seeing you in Miami again very soon!

Darien, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014

I went to this hotel on a business trip and wasn't excited at all when I saw the reservation made by my company. But when I got there, I saw a brand new hotel, very clean and with all possible amenities a business hotel should have. Breakfast was also a great surprise. I will certainly choose the Hampton Inn & Suites when I'm back to the Brickell area.

Green Features: This is the most green hotel in Miami. It's certainly a plus to know you're using plates and silverware made of potatoes!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank FabMiranda
Dear FabMiranda,

Wow! What a nice review! Thank you so much for letting us know we exceeded all of your expectations. As a business traveler, I'm sure your schedule is very busy and we truly appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we are doing.

We are looking forward to having you again during your next visit to Miami.

Norfolk, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014

This was our first time staying in a Hampton Inn. We chose it based on previous Trip Advisor reviews for the Miami area and were not disappointed.
Obviously if you want to stay on/near Miami/South Beach this is not for you. Having visited the Beach area during our stay the price, crowds, traffic,noise, etc made us appreciate our choice!
The hotel is about a 10 minute drive from the airport (Sat Nav a must!). There is multi-story parking, Reception not on the ground floor but easily accessible via the lifts. The Reception adjoins the small bar and cafe/restaurant area where breakfast is served. There is seating and tea/coffee, etc available free of charge. It's very nicely decorated, clean and well kept.
On registration, we were given vouchers for 2 free drinks in the bar. That was a nice touch and after an evening out we made use of them, sitting in the terrace area overlooking the pool. The pool area itself is small but clean and popular with guests. Towels are provided both here and in the gym which has a good choice of equipment.
The hotel advertises its green credentials, serving breakfast on bio degradable plates, although I wouldn't have known this! Breakfast is included in the price and buffet style. Don't expect a large choice but I was pleasantly surprised at what was available and most of it tasty. We were happy to breakfast every day at the hotel....
The room we had didn't have the best view but you're in the middle of a city so should expect an urban vista! It was clean, modern and comfortable. A tv, safe and wi fi was provided. Room service was good.
The hotel is a 30 second walk from the free monorail which we used frequently. It is also a 2 minute walk from Mary Brickell Village which has a good choice of restaurants. We found these superior to the establishments at the hotel...
A real positive for me was how helpful the staff were after I had checked out and discovered I had lost some belongings. I did not know if I had lost my property here or at another Hilton hotel. The latter were not at all helpful but the staff at the Hampton Inn went out of their way to help which I really appreciated. As many have said before, it is the staff that help to make a hotel great. This is a great hotel and I would not hesitate to stay here again.

Green Features: Hotel advertises its green credentials. It's not obvious, the majority of the environmentally friendly practices behind the scenes.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank MillarAM
Dear MillarAM,

As a TripAdvisor Senior Contributor, I'm sure you know the importance of a detailed review. Thank you so much for this pleasant contribution! We really appreciate all your comments. Thank you for your compliments to our staff and service as we thrive for the 100% guest satisfaction on all occasions. I am glad you and your family had a great stay with us!

We look forward to seeing you at the hotel again soon!

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2014

Alas, we only had a very short time at the Hampton before we boarded a cruse, but it impressed us greatly.
It has so much to offer.
The hotel is beautifully air conditioned.....a must for Miami.
The reception was very pleasant, and gave us a welcome drink card for the bar, which we enjoyed by the lovely pool.
We needed to find a laundromat for some much needed washing before our cruise, and how great was it that their was a guest laundry right there!
They even had a small convenience store to supply laundry needs, as well as drinks and nibbles.

Rooms were well appointed, free high speed wifi, and the hotel was well located with heaps of restaurants and buzzing night life.
Breakfast was plentiful, amid the rooms with the intriguing art.
And when we went to check out, a taxi was organised for us for our trip.

What more could you want?
Except a few more days ..........

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank joeytess
Dear JosphT,

Thank you for choosing us during your recent stay over in Miami- I hope all went well with the cruise as well!
I am glad you enjoyed your overall stay as well as the area. Thank you for mentioning our many services and amenities; I'm delighted to hear you enjoyed the complimentary drink on us, amount other amenities provided.

I look forward to seeing you here at the hotel again!

Orlando, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2014

Great hotel for business travel and for when you have to park a vehicle. I travel to Miami a few times a year and I had the best parking experience at this hotel. The hotel has their own garage for self-parking and the entrance is well-marked by the front of the hotel. No need to pull up and check in and drop off luggage. You can park first and not have to deal with moving your car or being forced to use valet service. Also, the parking fee is only $18 per day rather than $26 or more like at most hotels. The continental breakfast was one of the best I've experienced and in a nice sized eating area to handle a large number of people. The hotel is very close to public transportation so that you can get to some areas by the free Metromover or by train. Finally, there is a big grocery store nearby that is convenient for buying bottled water, soda, snacks, etc. for the room. (No refrigerator in the room, though; have to fill ice bucket.)

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Dear AColl,

Thank you so much for taking the time from your schedule to leave us such positive feedback! You are absolutely right, the convenient and spacious self parking is definitely a plus for every guest. Not to mention the local grocery store, which can definitely help you stock up with essentials for longer visits.
I can imagine that as a business traveler you must have a busy schedule and I'm glad our hotel was able to help ease the stress that sometimes comes with traveling away from home.

Guest satisfaction is our #1 priority, and I am happy we were able to exceed your expectations.

We look forward to your next stay with us!

Carrollton, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014

This is a great location next to transit and lots of restaurants. They have a full breakfast that changes out every day with coffee/tea bar. You get a drink coupon to use at the hotel bar. Fun bar with live music next door.
Odd things are you actually check in on the 6th floor, need your hotel key to use the elevator. The hotel room doors are really loud when they shut so if you have a lot of late night neighbors that will wake you up.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank winktrip_13
Eduardo C, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton - Miami/Brickell-Downtown, responded to this review, 8 September 2014
Dear winktrip_13,

Thank you for choosing to stay at our property and for taking time to write such a wonderful review. We really appreciate your time and effort. I am pleased that we have exceeded your expectations, and will do our best to continue doing it in the future.

We look forward to having you stay with us on your future visits to Miami!