“Upgraded Hotel in Coral Gables”

Sonesta Coconut Grove Miami
Ranked #25 of 121 Hotels in Miami
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Upgraded Hotel in Coral Gables”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

Nuvo clean and upgraded hotel near the center of town. It is close to shopping and has a nice view of the bay. Starbucks in the AM is 100 yards away. Large flat screen TV's and a nice room.
Very clean.

Room Tip: The best rooms view the bay. I would make the request.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank drgreatoe
MargaretRose_CG, Manager at Sonesta Coconut Grove Miami, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Drgreatoe
Thank you for staying with us. We are pleased you had a great stay. As you mentioned there are lots of options within walking distance of the hotel and we are also close to Coral Gables. We hope to see you soon.
Director of Operations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (305)
Keller, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

I recently worked with, and stayed at the Sonesta Hotel in Coconut Grove, FL. My school had a reunion in Miami, and we chose the Sonesta Hotel. I enjoyed working with my Sonesta contact, Malena Orihuela, on setting up reunion particulars, including getting the goodie bags to our reunion members, getting maps and guides for the goodie bags, and setting up the dinner menu for a dinner event. Also, during our stay, the reunion gang spent a lot of time by the Sonesta pool (very nice, with a spectacular view of Coconut Grove harbor). The Sonesta pool employees were very courteous and accommodating, in particular, Alex Dubon. The rooms were quite comfortable, and the food and drinks were delicious. All in all, I enjoyed my stay at the Sonesta, and found the staff to be especially welcoming and helpful.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
MonicaRates
We appreciate your feedback about your experience at the Sonesta Coconut Grove. We will be sure to share them with Alex. We hope to see you again soon.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

First time at the Sonesta Coconut Grove.
The location is an okay location. It's near the bay and close to shopping and restaurants. A little distant from gas stations or any grocery stores.
The view of the bay is a plus. It's breathtaking and relaxing. I did my morning readings on the balcony with the breeze blowing.
The restaurant is not as large as the pictures make it see. It's not a panoramic view. The food is good but not worth the prices they charge.
The kitchen is a nice size. Not equipped with enough utensils.
Cleanliness could be better. I found things like the dining seats having crumbs on them. Underneath the books on the coffee table had an old and used nail file. Otherwise, it was a clean room.
The bed was comfortable.
Both bathrooms were clean.
The staff responded quickly and are very helpful.
Overall, it was a good and relaxing stay.

• Stayed July 2014
Tasha0913
Thank you for your recent stay and for sharing your feedback. We are glad you had a great stay and we appreciate your business.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

I stayed in this beautiful hotel and loved it! It is perfect for a business trip or relaxing vacation. The hotel is across the street from the bay with outstanding views. I loved the surrounding town too. A perfect place for those who like to take a morning run!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Sonesta

Laura H
Thank you for posting your comments about your visit to our hotel. We are happy you had such a great time and that you enjoyed the neighborhood. We look forward to your return.
Apollo Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

My wife and I searched for a couple of days for hotels in South Florida. We finally decided on two in Coconut Grove, Miami. This was a business/vacation trip where I would be traveling solo. After reading many reviews of both, we decided on the Sonesta. A non-negotiable feature for me was a balcony with a water view. I was also looking for something that had a new and modern feel to it. Based on the reviews, Sonesta fit the bill.

Now, before making the reservation I called to verify that my room would have a balcony and water view. Well, on the morning I was supposed to leave I had a funny feeling, so I called to verify the room type. I was told that my room did not, in fact, have a balcony. So you can imagine how upset I was. However, after explaining how important this feature was and how disappointed I was that I had called to verify the room type and still had not received what I thought I was reserving the lady quickly provided me with an upgrade at no additional charge.

Upon arriving at the hotel, I was met by a very nice young gentleman of took care of my bags and vehicle registration. The check-in went smoothly. The lobby was elegant. The person who helped me take my bags to my room was friendly and efficient. The room was on the 19th floor and was awesome. Had a full kitchen, nice balcony with a great view. Everything was spotless. So far I was pretty impressed. Well, my stay just kept getting better after that. The staff at the pool and restaurant (Geraldine, Romy, Svetlane, and Alex were outstanding. Even the maintenance workers were super friendly. They really made me feel welcome and like they were there to serve me.

So, to wrap this up, I'd have to say that the staff, quality and level of service as well as the facilities themselves exceeded my expectations. I've traveled quite a bit and this was most definitely one of the best stays I've had. I highly recommend staying a the Sonesta Coconut Grove Miami if you have the opportunity.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Michael W
Michael W
Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are thrilled that our staff exceeded your service expectations and made you feel right at home. We appreciate having you as a valued loyal guest and we hope you will return when your travels bring you to Miami.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

My personal experience at the Sonesta Coconut Grove was positive. The staff is very attentive and friendly, my room was spacious, clean with a great view of Biscayne Bay. One particular encounter that stands out is the outstanding service and company my associates and I from the manager of the 8th floor restaurant and bar, John Avelino.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Carlos W
Carlos W
We are glad that you enjoyed a great stay at our hotel. We will be sure to share your comments with John. We hope to see you soon.
Gothenburg, Sweden
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

Good:
*Cleaning
*Good toiletries
*Nice view
*Balcony
*stylish lobby

Bad:
*Reception staff was not service oriented at all. Looked tired, bothered and unmotivated.
* Overpriced
*Had to make a reservation at the restaurant in order to watch 4th july fireworks from the pool area.
*Parking is expensive in the area

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Altheo25
Altheo25
We appreciate your feedback and thank you for sharing your comments. We offer competitive room rates for the area and offer specials to our frequent guest through our Travel Pass program. We do require restaurant reservations for holidays and especially for July 4th because of the spectacular view of the fireworks.