“Great Location BUT...”
Review of Midtown Inn Miami

Midtown Inn Miami
Ranked #99 of 124 Hotels in Miami
Reviewed 7 June 2013

The hotel is at a great location to get to miami beach, north beach and south beach quickly but the hotel itself is filthy. The staff is unfriendly. There was graffiti on the outside wall of our room. The only reason I gave 3 stars was for the location. I am hardly ever in my hotel as I am exploring the city and on the beach so was only there at night to sleep. If your looking for a cheaper motel and are hardly in your room, then the location makes up for everything else. This is the place for you.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank carloatx
There are newer reviews for Midtown Inn Miami

Reviewed 2 May 2013

The Midtown Inn is a motel, more than an "inn". Once you're past the (for me, anyway) negative connotations of that word it's possible to appreciate what the Midtown inn offers: a reasonably priced full-service venue in an ideal location. This place is for pro travelers.By that I mean the kind of traveler who knows the ropes and doesn't expect luxurious accommodation, the kind who gets out of their room into the city. The kind of traveler who benefits from having an iron (and an ironing board!) in the room, along with a fair-sized fridge, decent WIFI and washing/drying facilities on-site. The staff is uniformly friendly and helpful. I really liked the location: Biscayne Boulevard is a main artery into the heart of downtown Miami. It's only a few minutes by bus to the AA Arena and the Arsht Center. Going the other way, the 41 bus from NW 36th St (just 2 blocks up from the motel) takes you into Miami and South Beach. Even MIA International Airport is just a bus ride away. Best of all, the new Midtown mall and apartment complex at NW 36th St and NW 2nd Ave is very close, with excellent shops, restaurants and cafes, and (crucially for me) a friendly local gym.

Downside: yes, you may run into a cockroach or two: it's Miami, and you're in a tropical climate. But the Midtown Inn is well maintained, the rooms are clean and spacious, and you're unlikely to find a better deal so close to downtown Miami

Room Tip: Ask for one of the renovated rooms on the second floor.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
6  Thank mickdevine
Reviewed 27 November 2012

I travelled to downtown Miami for a special annual event. I've now stayed at three different hotels/motels in the area over the past five years, including the Holiday Inn (Best Western) Port of Miami and the (Riande) Continental Bayside hotels.

This room was spacious, containing a more-than-double bed, table and two chairs, armchair, tv, mini-fridge and microwave. The carpet, bathroom, bed, and dressing area counter were clean, although I did find a dead (longtime dead) baby cockroach in the fridge. Based on some other reviews (bedbugs, roaches, airport flight path noise, etc.) I was a little hesitant about staying here, but the price was unbeatable for this location. I called three weeks in advance and asked if all or any of the rooms had stall showers (This being a motel, I thought it more likely than a hotel). There was only one, and it was reserved for me.

When I arrived at 8:30am on Nov. 17, I of course could not check in yet, but the desk clerk locked in the room for me, and I left. When I actually checked in at about 7:30pm, all was well (almost). The light switch by the door did not work (the lamp was unplugged, it turned out), and the smoke alarm was beeping (battery going bad). These problems were resolved immediately. There were no bedbugs or live roaches, and the noise of the planes was more than camouflaged by the constant noise (just like all motels from the 50s and 60s that I remember) from the large room air conditioner. The compressor switched quietly on and off, but the motor ran non-stop. My wake-up call rang precisely at the time I requested. The staff could not have been more attentive or friendly. The tv had over 40 channels, which is twice as many as I've ever had before, the fridge cooled my food quickly, and I slept wonderfully. I understand a free breakfast of coffee and doughnuts is provided, and I was told that it was tasty, but I didn't stay for it. All in all, it was well worth the money, and I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Room 101 has the stall shower, and is next door to the office, near the pool.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
7  Thank RoseNThal1
Reviewed 30 October 2012

There's a reason why this hotel is so cheap! I pre-paid through priceline, for a four night stay at Midtown Inn. We got to Miami around 10pm on a friday night. As soon as we checked-in, I was scoping around our room and found a CoCkRoaCH when I opened the fridge! EeWwWw.. The room we got had that dirty feel to it and a damp smell. I complained to whoever it was at the front desk, he didn't really care much and just handed us a different key to another room. The second room we got looked a little bit better than the first. BuT as I was checking the room, I flipped the comforter away from the bed and saw BeD StAiNS and BeD BuGS! GrOsS! We even took a photo of the bugs! AT this point I was not comfortable staying at this Inn but we had no choice since it was already close to midnight. We got transferred to another room ( for the 3rd time!) and decided to stay for the night and just check-out the next day.
We checked out on saturday morning, I told the person on the front desk that I prepaid for my stay for 4 nights, he said I just need to contact priceline about this and inform them my situation. I thought my ordeal with this place is over.. NoOtTt! Turns out, priceline will not give me a refund for my stay, since Midtown Inn is not giving them a refund as well. AAHH! I called Midtown Inn's manager and complained. She gave me an attitude! Never returned any calls from me. I had to keep on calling them regarding my status (almosst everyday for a couple of weeks!). In the end, She said she's not giving me my refund since they "reserved" 4 nights for me and I told them I checked out the next day!! I only stayed for OnE night and I'm paying for 4 nights??! She said they're loosing money if they will give me a refund!! StillL DiDn'T GeT My MoNeY BacK! I DoN'T KnoW WhaT To Do AnYmOrE!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank Sammy R
Reviewed 4 August 2012

Great location to both down town and South/Miami Beaches. For traveling on a budget, this place was everything my group needed and more. We walked to down town every day and night, and baring traffic to south beach it was only a brief cab ride. The day staff was great and very helpful, but at night the guy who worked the desk was a real jerk. He would yell at us for being outside of the room, even if we weren't making any noise. All in all, a great value stay, especially if your looking for fun for a certain 3 day long concert that takes place downtown ;-). Check out must be timely, because the surcharge. Very poor breakfast (Eating standing up).

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mery_master
Reviewed 30 June 2012

Ok for price. Not to clean though. Good location. Right down street from bayside mall. Ok if u need a cheap overnight stay somewhere

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank NPT1975
Reviewed 25 June 2012

We purchased a room specifically with shuttle included to/from airport/port of miami. We received one trip from hotel to port, but making the second trip encountered rudeness from the clerk and a failure to comply with the conditions of sale, so that we had to pay the shuttle ourselves, after having paid the hotel. As if this were not bad enough, after writing 5 letters to the owner, Doug Patel, he pretended to be stupid, said he couldn't understand my plain English and has refused to do anything to rectify the fraud committed. In terms of the room, ours was OK, newly redecorated, but the staff are incompetent. Don't trust what is promised on their website. Even when they are wrong, they won't correct their mistakes.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DerekRichard
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami
Sinbad Motel
#73 of 124 in Miami
City Center
James Hotel
James Hotel
#123 of 210 in Miami Beach
The Vagabond Hotel
#21 of 124 in Miami

Been to Midtown Inn Miami? Share your experiences!