“Stay Away From This Hotel!”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Midtown Inn Miami

Midtown Inn Miami
Ranked #94 of 121 Hotels in Miami
Buffalo, New York
“Stay Away From This Hotel!”
Reviewed 10 February 2014

This was easily the worst hotel experience I've ever had. I booked a non-smoking room for 5 nights and when I got there was given a smoking room. When I brought it to their attention they told me they didn't have anymore rooms available that night but would switch me the next day. The room (especially the bathroom) was filthy. I felt like using the shower would make me dirtier.

I was switched to the non-smoking room the next day and, while cleaner than the first room, it was still filthy. There was what looked like fresh toothpaste on the carpet by the sink when we got there and it stayed there all 4 nights, was never cleaned up. There were empty water bottles and garbage under the beds. I don't know if they were ever cleaned before. There was hair in the bathtub when we first got into the room. Just gross overall.

Twice I went down to the front desk and nobody was there. The first time I was down there (along with someone else trying to check in) for over 10 minutes and nobody came to the desk.

Our cable went out at least 5 or 6 times (not due to weather - it was gorgeous out).

On the morning of the 4th day I got a phone call from the front desk telling me my reservation was for only 4 days and I had to leave the room. I had to walk down there and show him my confirmation email stating I was there for 5 days.

The whole experience was ridiculous and I have no idea how they could actually have a "B" rating by the BBB.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Daniel G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Stayed in this hotel was a nightmare. Strong mould smell. Crotonbugs were every in the room; on the floor, the beds, washroom and on the wall. Mouse as well I could see in the washroom. Bedbugs and crotonbugs would bite if you lied down. The beds were so dirty and dilapidated. Asked the front desk to switch rooms for us, but they said no rooms were available. We can either stay in the same room or leave the hotel. Would never recommend anyone to stay there. Horrible!!!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Reviewed 11 January 2014

The Midtown inn act like you as a guest are doing a favor staying there, they are really cheap and i think that is the reason that they act like that. I stay in a room, with a terrible AC, the noise are too loud but, too loud that was impossible to sleep at night. I went to front desk at 2 am, to complain about it and ask for another room, the front desk told me that there are others rooms but, he will only provide my change to another room on the next day, and the problem about the AC in my room cannot be solved so i have to stay in that situation until the next day. I was really tired and just looking for a good night of sleep, so i checked out at 3 am and went to another hotel. The hotel is disgusting, dangerous neighborhood and you can see police car around all the time. Stay away from this place, just spend a fews dollars more and find a better choice. This is is typical exemple that the cost benefit downs`t work.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
State of Sao Paulo
Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

The worst Inn i have ever been to, i went there with my wife and was my first time in miami, but we had to check out in the first day.

The location is excelent, and that was what attracted me, but the place is so dirty, it makes impossible to stay there.

I dont know how big tourist companies can book it. I just cant understand it.

The light was broken, the floor/carpet had a leakage and was wet, there was a blood stain at the bathroom curtains. There was a hole in the blanket, and the telephone and the ar conditioner was black dirty. The sink was broken. The bathtube was filled with hair.

Please take a look at the pictures and you will know what i,m saying...i dont know what else to say to complete 200 caracteres

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Diego B
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 28 December 2013

Had a one night stop over dec 27th and stayed for 30 minutes after noticing bed bugs. Do not stay there. We where given our full refund back but did screw our plans up for being in Miami.
This area is bad and not good. Stay downtown area. Got out of there.

Room Tip: Do not stay in this this area or hotel.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank 15Martin
Auburn, Maine
Reviewed 16 November 2013

Alright, so last Saturday, November 9th 2013, my Mom and I checked in to this hotel. We were only staying for one night, because the next day we were headed to the port of Miami to get on a cruise-ship. I had been reading the reviews for this hotel prior to our trip, and it didn't look very good. But I thought 'Oh well maybe they were just pessimistic and maybe it isn't too bad.' But the reviews were right. My mom and I got our key, and one of them didn't even work. Once we got inside the room, I could just tell it was not clean nor safe. The shower head had mold, the corners of the walls had mildue, it smelt like moth-balls, and the shower had hair in it. Well, we were very tired from our flight, so we decided to get some rest; my mom woke up and she had a bug on her, I looked at it and I knew it was a bedbug, I looked up what they looked like, and sure enough, it was a bedbug. Enough was enough and we went to the front desk, and they gave us the most renovated room. This one was a lot nicer and cleaner, but the shower was still nasty. The staff was very helpful but that was probably the only highlight of this hotel. The pool might look 'beautiful' on the hotel's website, but it is more like a pool with pollen and dirt all through it, and the cabanas around the pool were not clean. You definitely get what you pay for. There was a few fast-food restaurants around the hotel, but they were very packed all the time. There were no crosswalks and you had to run across when it was clear. A few blocks away, there is an outside mall, and that was pretty nice to go to. But that hotel is not one I would be going back to; ever.

Room Tip: If you HAVE to come here.... try to get room 217. It is the cleanest room and the most renovated.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Sarah M
George Town, Grand Cayman
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Hi guys...never book there!!! Let me tell you my experience with this guys... wanted to go there for one night, i did a reservation in advanced (with my all information, credit card no. etc) i received an e-mail confirmation that everything is fine and they are waiting for me...and when i arrived there, guest what... sorry, no rooms available! They tried to convince me that i didn't booked it...luckily i had saved the "confirmation" e-mail on my phone and i showed them...but still "we don't have any room" VERY, VERY UNFRIENDLY...was 10 o'clock in the night and they really didn't care about my situation... In the end i just left to another hotel a little bit more expansive, but way much better... Buy the way, Midtown Inn is really dodgy so i don't think you will like to experience that... don't look for money, is really not that important than your comfort and safety...

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo