“Great Bar - Nice Place!”
Review of The Lucky Clover - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The Lucky Clover
Cuisines: Irish
Description: Had high hopes for this new Irish pub that opened just off the lobby of my condo complex. $35 for 2 house-brand martinis. Rude staff. Complacent management. And waitress asked for credit card and photo id before able to order a drink. Was I checking into a hotel or just ordering a drink. My vote's with the authentic Irish pub just down the street.... Fado. Friendly staff who knows their stuff. Especially the difference between Bass and Guiness, which is lost on the team at The Lucky Clover. Net, Lucky Clover is all hype with no depth.
St. Louis MO
“Great Bar - Nice Place!”
Reviewed 6 August 2013

This is a Bar. Plain and simple. The staff was friendly...and easy on the eyes. If you're looking for someone with an Irish sir name that understands the dynamics of beer and whiskey, or a freckled lass that can river-dance, you're not going to find it here. Miami - Hello? There are a few clover leafs scattered about the place, but this is "Far Far Away" from a true Irish Tavern.

That being said, I had a good time with the staff and the place is nice. If you're staying nearby, this is your watering hole.

• Visited March 2013

Tampa, Florida, United States
“good place”
Reviewed 16 July 2012

nice restaurant bar with live music ,nice place to spend a night

Visited July 2012
“Management Doesn't Care”
Reviewed 10 July 2012

We ate here on a recent Friday evening. I had a fish wrap which was not very good; the mahi was not fresh! Service was adequate; the waitress did not have the best personality and she did not know much about the menu. The worst experience was with our check. We gave the waitress two credit cards and told her to split the check down the middle. Twenty minutes later no waitress no credit card receipts to sign. We look around and see TWO managers and our waitress by the computer. I go up and ask what is taking so long for our receipt. Without so much as acknowledging my presence, or apologizing, one managers said they were having computer problems. I go back to my table and wait and wait. Finally, the waitress hands us the receipts to sign. Again, no apologies for the inconvenience. The next day, I check my bank statement and noticed that the restaurant had charged me triple for my meal. I emailed the restaurant and never once received an apology. If you go take cash and just drink. Neither the service or the food is worth it.

• Visited July 2012
Orlando, FL
“Customer service could improve, but good atmosphere”
Reviewed 28 April 2012

We ate here on Wednesday night at approximately 5.30pm. The put wasn't very busy when we arrived. The pub is located on the corner of 11th Avenue and 1st Street, just West of the Mary Brickell shopping/dining area. The pub is just steps away from the Brickell Avenue metromover stop on the Brickell loop. Parking in the area is available, but limited.

The pub decor was quite interesting - lots of wood and interesting signs mixed with huge flat screen TV's. If you like sporting events, this would be a great place to hang out and have a few beers while watching the game.

We were seated quickly and the hostess came back a few minutes later to advise that they were going through shift change and it would be a few minutes before our wait staff would be available.

After waiting for approximately 5-minutes our waitress arrived and apologised for the delay, explaining they had a staff meeting. She took our drink and meal order, apologised again for the delay and said she'd be back. We waited approximately 10-minutes for our drinks and someone else brought them to us. We watched several other patrons have staff other than their waitress bring their drinks, which seemed a bit unusual.

The food arrived relatively quickly and was hot in temperature. I ordered the All American burger and my guest ordered the fish and chips. Both meals arrived hot, were acceptable and filling. There wasn't anything spectacular about the food but there wasn't anything bad either. The menu offered a good variety and the pricing was good. My Guiness was cold and enjoyable.

My overall experience was positive - the wait was a little longer than expected but the staff were very friendly and communicated well. I will eat here again.

• Visited April 2012
Toronto
“Typical pub lunch”
Reviewed 24 April 2012

Friendly service, reasonable pub food. No problems. We had a quick lunch there.

• Visited April 2012