“VERY RUDE STAFF”

Ramada Miami Springs/Miami International Airport
Ranked #64 of 128 Hotels in Miami
Reviewed 30 May 2012

The room was pretty grim by regular hotel standards but it is an airport hotel and was ok for 2 nights. The staff on the other hand were shockingly rude. It was actually just the daytime front desk guy. He could not have been less helpful; we asked him if there was anywhere to leave on bags on the day we checked out as our flight was not until later (we only asked to leave them for an hour) he said there was absolutely no way we could leave them as the hotel did not have this facility. After asking a second time if we could perhaps just leave them behind the desk, we were still told no. However, when we asked the shuttle bus driver if we could leave them in the shuttle bus, he told us we coud not but that leaving them behind the desk would not be a problem and promply produced the relevant tags for our bags. Daytime front desk guy is a lying, deceitful piece of work..

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,351)

Reviewed 7 April 2012

My husband booked this hotel even after reading the reviews and seeing the pics on Trip advisor. We were there for only a short overnight between flights but as someone else commented, I would rather have slept at the airport. My guy gets a dope slap upside the head for this one. I felt like I was at a hooker motel. Don't let the picture of the pool fool you!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank austinsue8
Reviewed 2 April 2012

Very dirty, stained and stinky carpets, mold in shower, paint peeling off the walls, sunken bed, disgusting walls and carpet in hallways and very stinky. Large gaps between the outside and the air conditioner. Not sealed. Totally not worth it. They also charged me over $100 per night. See pictures below if you don't believe me.

Room Tip: I wish I would have read reviews on this place before I booked it. It would have saved me money.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Nadine E
Reviewed 8 March 2012

The Airways Inn & Suites is one of the most disgusting places. I call it the ARM PIT of Miami. I cannot even give this motel a "one star" due to its complete unsatisfactory situation. The first room we received had so much mold on the ceiling, it was black. And a huge pole in the middle of the room that was very smelly, unclean and unacceptable. The second room had 3 spots of mold on the bathroom ceiling and had so many things wrong with it, we have taken pictures and will post them online. I booked 3 rooms and paid $54 per room, other guests in the hall said they paid--for the same rooms $40, $45 and $80. broken window frames, cockroaches dead in hall way, huge bug splattered on wall, cracks in walls, mold completely around tub, bottom of tub black, rust all over light fixture in bathroom, only one wash cloth and when asked for second one--they said--we don't have any more. In the AM, we ventured down the street and found a Comfort Inn and Suites that will be the place we stay from now on. oh, forgot--from outside, the lobby and the outside of the pool area, looks like an ok place, i guess if you get some of their "newer" rooms--at $129 each they might be better but garbage at bottom of pool. So disappointed at our stay, the rude staff and the filth. I will do my best to make sure all of my clients and anyone else does not ever stay here. I have had to mark a star rating but there isn't a minus rating-they would by -5 stars

Room Tip: Check into the Comfort Inn and Suites down the street. We checked them out the next morning and the...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank jodisweetpro
Reviewed 1 March 2012

The room has a faint smell of mold/mildew. The carpets are in desparate need of shampooing. The ceiling has cracks and stains. The walls are flaking and paper thin. The furniture is falling apart. In severe need of renovations! The pool area is nice along with the front desk associate being friendly. The location to the airport is key.

• Stayed: March 2012
3  Thank Jay2883
Reviewed 27 February 2012

Don't stay at this Inn! We paid $95 for this disgusting place and would have rather slept on the floor at the airport. The hallways that lead to your room are frightful...dirty walls and filthy buckled carpet. The walk down the hallway was almost scary! Opening the door to our room, the smell of mold overwhelmed us. Even my husband who can handle smells could hardly sleep in this room. The bathroom was even more disgusting with black mildew/mold coloring the grout and caulking. I can not believe they can get away with selling these rooms!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ginger383
Reviewed 20 February 2012

horrible horrible room!!!! dont listen to your spouses to save a few bucks!!! its horrible...

i can't believe we had to pay 100 dollars for a single night for this hotel....

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank a j
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami
2 mi away
Regency Hotel Miami
Regency Hotel Miami
#42 of 128 in Miami
Cambria hotel & suites Miami Airport - Blue Lagoon
Best Western Plus Miami Airport North Hotel & Suites
Sleep Inn at Miami International Airport
Clarion Inn  & Suites Miami Airport
Clarion Inn & Suites Miami Airp...
#11 of 16 in Miami Springs
Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel & Executive Meeting Center

Been to Ramada Miami Springs/Miami International Airport? Share your experiences!