“Very goood”

SpringHill Suites Miami Airport South
Ranked #32 of 124 Hotels in Miami
Reviewed 31 March 2014

They gave us an ocean front king room on the third floor, with a balcony. Words cannot describe how great this hotel and location are! Nice clean quiet rooms with awesome views. Surrounded by many blocks of fabulous restaurants, pubs and bars, as well as shopping and sights! Don't hesitate to try this place- you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Zacha K
SHSMIA, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Miami Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Thank you so much for being our guest at the Springhill Suites Miami Airport South. We are truly delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the accommodations to your satisfaction.

It is with your thoughtful comments that we may enhance our facilities and services and we thank you for sharing your thoughts with us.

We hope that we have the pleasure of serving you and your family again in the very near future.

Best Regards,

There are newer reviews for SpringHill Suites Miami Airport South

Reviewed 28 March 2014

Stayed there one night while waiting to fly to Cuba. The room was comfortable. We used the shuttle from the airport to the hotel, which was very convenient. The shuttle driver showed up to the hotel a little late the morning to take us to the airport, and although that worried us, it did not cause us to be late for our flight.
We had a wonderful view of the water from our room.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank J E
SHSMIA, Manager at SpringHill Suites Miami Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Good Afternoon,

We appreciate you taking the time to inform us about your stay we are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed our hotel. We hope to see you soon return.

Kind regards,
Veronica Cardenas
Asst General Manager

Reviewed 21 March 2014

I was a bit concerned after reading the reviews but I'm happy to report that our family really enjoyed our overnight. The staff was wonderful. The shuttle worked well getting us to and from the airport and dinner. The rooms could use a remodel, but otherwise the hotel was in good shape. The pool was freezing (which was disappointing for the kids). The breakfast was great and there was plenty of seating. Some of the shuttle drivers drove way too fast. The front desk staff was outstanding. I would not want to be here for more than one night without a car. Some reviews said the neighborhood seemed unsafe. I did not find that to be the case. Thank you!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank MenomonieTravelers
SHSMIA, Manager at SpringHill Suites Miami Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2014

Goood Morning,

Thank you for taking the time to inform us about your stay with us, we are so delighted to know that you had a pleasant one.

We hope to see you soon return.

Veronica Cardenas
Asst General Manager

Reviewed 15 March 2014

I stayed here for one night with my brother, as we landed at MIA in the evening for a trip to Fort Myers, and didn't fancy a long drive after a long flight.
It is fairly difficult to find from the car rental plaza at the airport - not entirely the hotel's fault but a lot of recent road works and detours caused the satnav to have a 'bot of a blip'.
It was late when we checked in but the very helpful agent sorted us very quickly and told me I could choose any single item from the deli next to the check in as a welcome gift for being Marriott Gold!. She also gave me a very helpful sheet listing local restaurants, shops etc. Nothing is in walking distance, so I don't think I would stay here without a car.

The room was quiet, clean and comfortable with two queen beds and a very small bath.

The comp breakfast buffet was very good - the staff here were excellent in clearing, re-stocking and being generally very helpful.

I would have no hesitation recommending this hotel as a convenient one night stop over when using MIA.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Nick_Harris
Vivian P, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Miami Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Thank you so much for being our guest and for taking your valuable time to let us know about your stay at the Springhill Suites Miami Airport South. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. We understand that you have many hotels to chose from but we are certainly happy that you stayed with us and with your thoughtful comments and feedback, we may find ways to improve our facility and services. We are aware about the traffic detours but please know that this is the city's plan in continual improvements and expansion of highways. This will assist us all in timely travels and we expect the scope of work to be completed within a reasonable time.

We hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel and providing you and your family with an exceptional stay.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 15 March 2014

This hotel offers a very quiet comfortable stay. The front desk clerk Nellie was the best. Very friendly and patient. The area in which this hotel is located in is nicely situated and neighbor's one other hotel. The hotel offers a full breakfast. There is also a laundry on site. The 'mart' at the front desk which sells bottled water, etc was a little pricey. What I can say about the hotel is that "they try". The staff are all friendly and want you to be comfortable. Would I return? Yes, if the offered lower rates. I paid a close to $700 for a 3 night stay--that is a little much.

Room Tip: Due to their rooms being sold out on the day of my arrival I was offered a "handicap" acco...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Vivian P, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Miami Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2014

Thank you so much for being our guest at the Springhill Suites Miami Airport South and for taking your valuabel time to let us know about your stay with us.

We are truly delighted that you enjoyed our hotel and with your thoughful comments we are able to improve our guest experience.

We thank you again and look forward to providing you and your family with an exceptional stay the next time you visit.

Reviewed 13 March 2014

After I gathered baggage, I called hotel for shuttle at debauchers, they said I had to go to arrivals to be picked up. I asked and it was one floor up. So I called back and she said shuttle was at airport but full, and would come back and pick me up in 20 minutes. But I stopped Marriott bus I thought was mine, and green van Springhill suites that was EAST, they all kindly told me I need the small WHITE van for Springhill Suites South. He came on time and was, he was very informative, cordial, and fun to be with. He took 8 of us to Anacapri - Italian Restaurant for a wonderful night of Italian food and picked us up after dinner quickly back to hotel.
The Breakfast were just wonderful, scrambled eggs, sausage, potatoes, waffle's, cereals, coffee, tea, juice, bread, beagles. And VIVAN was the reason this was all wonderful, she did everything,
cleaned tables, emptied trash cans, made sure all your wishes were satisfied, what a wonderful person, and she was the best behind reservation desk. Would have been nice if all 4 rooms I books would have been on same floor.

Room Tip: Ask for Lake View
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Art D
Vivian P, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Miami Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2014

Dear Mr. Art D,

Thank you so much for staying at the Springhill Suites Miami Airport South and for taking your valuable time to let us know about your stay.

It is with your thoughtful comments that we find ways to improve our services for all our guests. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay.

Mr. Art D, we truly hope that we have the pleasure of providing you with exceptional service next time you visit our hotel. Please feel free to contact me any time.

Reviewed 7 March 2014

The accommodations are reasonable and met the family well. But the workforce is unprepared.

I had presented the voucher at the checkin. On checkout, I have showed the voucher again. The clerk asked for my card anyway.

When I asked why, he assured that he had not charged. When I saw the report card, surprise! He had charged me again

I want my money back!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
SHSMIA, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Miami Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

It is our number one goal to provide exceptional service during your stay. I apologize that you feel our front desk staff did not provide you information about your voucher and you were subsequently charged. I will be more than happy to assist you with any credits you may be due. Please contact me directly at the hotel and I will review your case and provide my assistance.

With kind regards,