1,029 results
All reviewslake viewmiami airportfree breakfastyogurtnext morningthe shuttle drivernice hotelclean roomsfree shuttleshort staysitting areafront desk staffwould stay here againstayed for one nightrental caran early flightminute drive
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

We stay at many of the hotels in the Marriott chain but seldom write reviews unless there is something noteworthy about a property.

This hotel is new and close to the Miami airport but is very quite. Some of the rooms have two beds which is unusual for most Springhill properties. The rooms on the back side of the hotel have a very nice view over a lake.

The breakfast area is the largest that I have experienced with two separate buffet stations so people don't have to trip over each other. The pool and outside areas are very pleasant and quite.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Vivian P, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Miami Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2014

Thank you so much for being our guest at the Springhill Suites Miami Airport South and for taking your valuable time to let us know about your recent stay at our hotel.

We are delighted to know that you has a pleasant stay and enjoyed our amenities and the beautiful lake behind our hotel. We take great pride in providing our guests with a memorable experience and we truly hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you and your family on your next visit to Miami.

Best Regards,
Springhilll Suites Miami Airport South

Reviewed 12 April 2014

I stayed in the hotel for just 1 night (from apr/07 to apr/08) and I had made the reservation through Last Minute Travel (which is operated by Tourico Holiday). I paid for the stay at the moment of reservation. When I checked in I was told the reservation was OK and I only had to present a credit card for incidents.
On the next morning when I checked out the clerk at the front desk told me he was unable to check me out in the hotel system because they hadn't received the confirmation of payment from Tourico yet. Then he said he was gonna take care of it and that I was all set.
Given that, I was surprised when I got a text from my bank minutes after I left the hotel reporting that the hotel had charged my credit card the full price of the stay.
I felt like I was stolen!
If there was a problem with the payment of the reservation, the hotel had to solve this with Tourico, not me, after all they accepted the reservation from Tourico.
I hope someone from the hotel reads my review and do something about it!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Leandro_cps
Vivian P, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Miami Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Thank you for being our guest at the Springhill Suites Miami Airport South and for providing us with your valuable comments and feedback about your reservation and your stay. I certianly do apologize for the manner in which your reservation was handled. We have met with our front desk staff members and explained that even if we do not obtain payment from a third party, we will not burden the guest with the payment that the booking company is responsible for.

Once again, we do apologize and hope that we may welcome you back to our hotel to show you the true nature of Service from the Heart - Right From the Start.

Please feel free to contact me directly if I may personally assist you, as it is my pleasure!

Reviewed 12 April 2014

Like it a lot. Spent 2 nights in this hotel that is just accross of Miami International airport ( a Little confusing to get there ) but once at the hotel, staff was nice and gave us a 2 bed suite that it was more tan expected. We were a family of 5 and we had a lot of room to move around. 2 TV sets, one living room, fridge, Microwave, kitchennete and everything you need to have a pleasent stay. Room was clean. We had an espectacular view of the lake that is next to the hotel. although it is next to the airport, was reasoable quiet. Anyway, I recommend this hotel and definetly, I would stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Vivian P, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Miami Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2014

Thank you so much for being our guest at the Springhill Suites Miami Airport South and for taking your valuable time to let us know about your stay with us.

It is with your thoughtful comments that we may enhance our guest services and facilities and we are truly delighted to know that you had an enjoyable experience!

We hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you and your family back to our hotel and offering you an exceptional stay.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 8 April 2014

It is not a bad hotel, but it is not a good hotel too. Its ok!

An average hotel, near airport. Don't have any restaurants, or shops in an walking distance. But it has free parking.

The breakfast is complimentary, and it is good! Better then average hotels with complimentary breakfast in Miami.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Vivian P, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Miami Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2014

Thank you for being our guest at the Springhill Suites Miami Airport South and for taking your valuable time to let us know about your recent stay.

We understand that restaurants and shopping are several blocks from the hotel but I am pleased to advise that our hotel shuttle does have complimentary courtesy drop off and pick up at these local areas. We are certainly delighted to transport our guests to local areas (shopping/dining) within a 2 mile radius of our hotel.

We are also pleased to know that you enjoyed our delicious, complimentary, full breakfast buffet.

We sincerely hope that we have the pleasure of providing you with an exceptional stay next time you visit us.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

Stayed twice with family of 4 while overnighting in Miami between flights to/from Bahamas. Service was very attentive and enthusiastic, but rooms are tired, AC is the type that goes through the outside wall (not central), very loud and cycles frequently, walls are thin (could hear water tap running loudly beside our room through the night), and hard to get a good night sleep. Main beds (2 doubles) are very uncomfortable compared to most standard hotels these days, and the pullout sofa bed was simply awful ... the mattress was about 3" thick with metal springs that could be felt right through the padding.
Pros: Wifi included in room rate (rare for Marriott brands) and premium cable TV, free shuttle service, complimentary breakfast bar w/ hot/cold food
Cons: awful beds, noise level in room, AC cycles loud and frequent

Poor value for money spent ... have been much more comfortable at half the price.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank riskybiz
SHSMIA, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Miami Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Thank you for being our guest and for sharing your valuable thoughts and comments about your recent stay.

We are pleased to know that you enjoyed the guest services our staff provided. We take great pride in taking great care of all our guests. We have reviewed your comments and are taking steps to improve our hotel facilities. We greatly appreciate your feedback and will use this information to further enhance our hotel as we want to always meet your highest expectations.

Thank you again and we hope that we have the pleasure of providing you and your family with an exceptional stay in the near future.