“Favorite place to spend a weekend”

Miami Catamarans - Hobie Cat Sailing Lessons
Private Tour: Self-Driven or Chartered Powerboat Tour on Miami's Coconut Grove
US$160.50*
Miami Flyboard Experience
More attraction details
Owner description: Come join us with your friends and family at CoconutGrove Kayaks for a fun time out of the water! We offers both Kayaks and Paddleboard rentals right from Dinner Key Marina in Coconut Grove.Paddle along the local marinas, take a hike on one of the picnic islands, or simply enjoy kayaking on our tandem kayaks, and discover the beauties the nature of biscayne bay has to offer! Our Harbor is protected from all weather condition, our calm waters makes learning to paddleboard fun and easy, no matter how much experience you have! For the more adventurous, join us on one of our eco tour along the coral gables water way, sunset paddle and moonlight excursion!
New York, NY
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Favorite place to spend a weekend”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

I've been going to Miami Catamarans for the last few months, and I could not be happier with the place.

This staff are wonderful--especially Eva, the manager. They take the time to make sure you understand how to use the boats and equipment. Each of their boats comes equipped with a waterproof radio. Whenever I have any issues at sea, they immediately come over to the boat and assist. I recommend this place to both new and experienced sailors alike. This is a great way to spend a relaxing afternoon at sea!

Miami, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Amazing time...Amazing Staff!”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I have been renting from Miami Catamarans for more than four years. Every time they make me feel welcome and truly exemplify the meaning of customer service. Whether you're an experienced sailor or just beginning(they offer lessons) this is the perfect place to experience what it's like to truly be on the water in Miami!

Newport, Rhode Island
“Great sailing experience!”
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Went sailing on a busy Saturday, the setup of the venue is very convenient with several reserved parking spots for customers. Rented a Hobie Getaway for 3 of us, sails quite well even in light breeze. Boats are in new condition and the staff is friendly and accommodating. Pointed out a pod of dolphins swimming around the bay over the radio. Will definitely come back again.

South Florida
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Easy, convenient, and most importantly SUPER FUN!!”
Reviewed 24 March 2014

I am local (from Ft Lauderdale) and sailing with Miami Catamaran is one of my favorite things to do in South Florida for the past 2 years.

Prior to that, my only sailing experience was from a cpl resorts, but when i found out this was available near my house, I went for it!

I just love going out w/ my friends and enjoy the Biscayne bay views of Miami. Sometimes the wind fast and you're able to experience some adrenalin filled moments, but even with little wind (yesterday!) you can still move and chill. Chat with friends.

I am a "late bloomer" when it comes to sailing -- not an expert by any means but I've found that sailing their Hobie Getaways is quite simple. Yet, I have a lot of fun trying to improve my skills.

About the operation, what can I say? ...it's a family owned business, with very nice owners, multilingual crew, very helpful w/ everything. They're open 365 days!

Prices are very reasonable, but as a local, I chose to buy their 10-hour discount packages, which allow you to use the time whenever you want, w/ no expiration....if you like the sailing, it's a no-brainer. It's way better than owning a boat for sure!!!

You don't need to take anything...they have all the gear, fife vests. You can store your valuables w/ them if you'd like.

The boats are well maintained, have waterproof (submersible) VHF radios.

They have their own parking spots so there is no stress getting one (mind you parking is limited if you are a regular beach goer)

If you have zero sailing experience, i'd recommend taking a class with them but if you have some experience, go ahead and enjoy one of the best things South Florida has to offer!

Visited March 2014
“Magnificent experience!”
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Every year we can not wait for the summer to arrive for some sailing time. All the others reviews are 100% true. Staff is amazing and equipment top notch!

Definitively a must go if vacationing or some weekend water activity.

Visited March 2014