“VERY OVER PRICED - ANIMALS ARE OVER CROWDED”
Review of Jungle Island

Ranked #23 of 354 things to do in Miami
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We are closed recovering from Hurricane Irma and will be back in early 2018! Jungle Island is located between downtown Miami and South Beach. The park offers amazing animal exhibits, unique shows and up-close animal interactions unlike anywhere else.
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I went here for a walk-a-thon with my niece about 2 years ago, I was so saddened to see big cats like tigers & lions crowded into small enclosures. the prices is extremely expensive, and I would never go back otherwise. It is a beautiful place, with gardens and all, but really, the big cats' situation got to me. they looked over fed, depressed, and bored. Big cats need more room to roam like they do at Zoo Miami, not in a glass enclosure. too many of them enclosed.

1  Thank SUSANA E
JungleIsland, Manager at Jungle Island, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Thank you for choosing to visit Jungle Island and also for providing us with feedback from your experience in September 2013. We value all feedback and evaluate every review with our leadership team in order to improve upon our guest experience.

Please rest assured that all of the enclosures at Jungle Island not only meet but exceed the requirements set by Florida Fish and Wildlife and the USDA. Additionally, Jungle Island offers a summer savings pass and has added new attractions including a water park, private beach experience and performances from the internationally-acclaimed Cirque Zuma Zuma.

We encourage you to try us again soon.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Very nice location, staff is very nice, food is great, lots of room and also right by the water. I would recommend this place to anyone coming to the Miami area.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Such a nice time! The beautiful colorful parots, funny monkeys, sweet kangaroos, and 10 or 15 little baby goats !! My 18mnts son just loved it!! And i enjoy it so much!!!

Reviewed 22 June 2014

As a birthday gift I was surprised with the Jungle Island VIP Tour! What a surprise it was!! Our tour guide was Ryan and photographer Daelle (photographers are optional BUT it's a most because you capture all the great moments). This experience has become so memorable for me that I want to do it again and again. We played with Lemurs (best part), fed turtles, kangaroos, etc. learned about the animals in the park. I had a blast. Besides Ryan and Daelle being so cool and friendly, we also got to meet a few other park employees who were wonderful. Everyone is so nice there. I recommend this for anyone of all ages!!! It's worth the price. But most all, I want to send a special shout out to the Lemurs....Gracie, Fuzzy Bear, the Queen (love how she slaps them around), I am missing one as the name slipped my mind. Go see them and then you can post the names!!!

3  Thank VOrtega8370

Thank you for your glowing review. We are thrilled to learn that our knowledgable staff and resident animals helped make your birthday surprise a memorable experience. We will be sure to share your comments with everyone you mentioned including the lemurs. Come back and visit us again soon.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

Yep! Jungle Island has Ligers!!! And nope... I don't need auto-correct. Just in case you are not familiar, LIGERS are a "cross" between [You got it], a lion and a tiger. In the case of the ones at Jungle Island "the ligers are a hybrid of a royal white Bengal tiger named Saraswati and an African white lion named Ivory". They are a must see! Oh but before you do anything, make sure you reference your map and take note of the times and where their AMAZING shows begin, like "Winged Wonders" which continues to be my FAVORITE. But the coolness does not begin there. You "gotta" stop and take a picture with one of their awesome PARROTS, the one I chose, kept bobbing and weaving on my shoulder... he was so cool! So by now you can see that I am a "big kid" at heart when it comes to this place. It's not just the amazing animals like the awesome primates, reptiles, fish etc., you will see that make this place special. But it's also the beautiful species of PLANTS, waterfalls and "Flamingo Island" [all in combination] that truly make you feel like you are [in and on] a Jungle Island, and makes you "wanna" be a kid again!

1  Thank DeBorah S