“Not as bad as people claim”

Hotel Roma Golden Glades Resort
Ranked #109 of 125 Hotels in Miami
Reviewed 9 January 2014

All I have read is bad reviews ripping apart this hotel. I got a room for two nights at Hotel Roma, staying there so I could go to the Orange Bowl. I was expecting the worst and was surprised to be not as bad as people say it was. The building is old and there really isn't much around, the lamp shade was ripped, the chairs were broken, the bed had other people's hair on it, and the pillows were stained. But the hotel employees were very friendly, there is a nice pool outside, the building still seemed nice even though old, and I really don't have much to complain about after my stay. I would stay there again, especially for the price.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kyle K

Reviewed 22 December 2013

Located in a very bad area, nothing around. Hotel is old and in need of repairs. Our room door didnt shut right, floor was uneven, telephone didnt work, remote didnt work. The elevator is the orginal im sure, can barely fit the luggage cart in it. The beds were so hard, could not even sleep. Even for the price, we left the next morning. Would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank debb17
Reviewed 4 October 2013

This was my second time staying here. It is close to my meeting place, so is convenient. And, I found it very pleasant and clean. I haven't been disappointed yet! The staff is very professional. The clientele seem to be your average family folks - and quiet. Best of all it is a no-smoking hotel so I don't have to worry about getting a non-smoking room.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank LAM329
Reviewed 27 August 2013

I booked for two nights in July not out of choice but because it was advertised as a hidden hotel in Miami centre on expedia. It turned out the hotel was far from town hence, why I even missed the first night. Upon arrival, I was welcomed by the staff at the lobby where I was handed the keys to my room. The room was a bit dated but spacious and the toilet facility was quite good with fresh towels. Internet works only in the lobby and you can only use the telephone in the lobby as well. There isn't much to see around the hotel and the golden glades area but for the price, one can hardly complain. Would I have chosen this hotel knowingly? I doubt it.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Archie A
Reviewed 3 August 2013

This place was a dump! If we hadn't checked in so late at night we definitely would not have stayed. It looked dreary just driving in to the place. We had to stand in the room several minutes because we were afraid to even sit anywhere. I don't know how we slept!! Not very good that's for sure!

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Jo4otero
Reviewed 26 July 2013

This hotel was a disappointment. The room was fairly nice, but do not expect any extras. The location of the hotel is in an area that has nothing to offer. There aren't any restaurants close by, the gas stations on the surrounding corners are all closed up. There is a bus stop within walking distance, but it is a long way to downtown by bus and rail. The hotel property is in need of updating. The continental breakfast was the worst I have ever seen offered. The only bread product offered was white bread. The only other choices available for breakfast were cold cereal, milk, orange juice and coffee. That is it. Not much of a choice. The breakfast is served in a large banquet type room. This room is very dark, not much natural light. The room has many windows but they are all covered. The rugs and fabric seat covers are very stained. It is almost as if the room is so dark to hide the stains. The room is not inviting for breakfast. I am sure in its day this hotel was a real beauty.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 May 2013

I don't have high expectations towards motels, a regular Super 8 is more than enough for me. Unfortunately, Roma is not there - it is truly outdated in the negative meaning. No fridge or microwave, breakfast was very unsatisfying (only decaf was served, no regular coffee or tea!), WiFi signal is poor. Quite a disappointment.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami
La Quinta Inn & Suites Miami Lakes
#4 of 4 in Miami Lakes
Courtyard Miami Lakes
Courtyard Miami Lakes
#3 of 4 in Miami Lakes

Been to Hotel Roma Golden Glades Resort? Share your experiences!