First the pros:
1. The hotel restaurant and rooms were updated about 2 1/2 years ago. They're both much more attractive.
2. Rooms are now really FS-worthy: Large, great bath with superb water pressure. They're now done in a semi-tropical contemporary style that works in Miami.
3. Sports Club LA consistently delivers a great gym experience.
4. Beautiful pool complex - off of the sky lobby with a great long pool for laps and an adult wading pool for lounging. Not the Delano or National, but a cut above the Mandarin Miami.
5. Great art - from the Boteros to Hernan Bas.
The cons - just a few:
1. The service in the restaurant/bar both at breakfast and dinner was erratic at best. Team seemed overwhelmed at breakfast (i.e. 40 minutes to get eggs when only about 1/2 full) and at dinner, the pacing was odd, the servers distracted and almost indifferent. Not what one expects - or generally gets at FS.
2. The scale of the property may not be for everyone - while beautiful, everything is almost to over-scaled to be comfortable. Even when busy, the lobby and pool areas can feel a little desolate.
3. While south Brickell is booming again - it's not really a cohesive residential area, there's not much that's within easy walking distance.More