“Enjoyed out Stay”

Four Seasons Hotel Miami
Ranked #3 of 124 Hotels in Miami
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Ok, so we were in Miami visiting relatives; and needless to say - we needed a break. One night to get refreshed and be able to go back for the remaining stint with the family. We decided to "treat" ourselves with a stay at the Four Seasons. The hotel is located in the business district, which personally I didn't mind. This is a city hotel, so it is a high-rise. Nice entrance with lovely waterfall and attentive staff - even though we arrived in a Camry versus the other delightful cars parked upfront (Maserati, Lambo, etc). Hotel check in is on the 7th floor, so elevators up and check-in was a breeze. Check-in staff was very nice and personally showed us around that main level and then the next set of elevators to get to our room. Our room was I think a premiere or deluxe bay view. In any case, it was spotless (just the way I like it) and I even walked around barefoot (normally I use my slippers in other hotels). Great size room and bath. Lovely view also. Now, we didn't get to enjoy the pool deck; but walked around and got a good idea of size and offerings. It is a lovely space, nice loungers, nice cabanas (all reserved early). Breakfast was nice and again, a really nice space. So some cons - we thought the bottle water with our names was a cute touch; but would have preferred free Wi-Fi instead. Come in FS, this should be standard now. You know it, and we know it. I'm already paying $350 plus a night, you can include Wi-Fi - seriously. Next, $39 a day for parking. Really? Too steep - even for you. Let's all be real, we shouldn't have to pay anything for parking; we are coming to your establishment to give you business why should I pay to park? Anyways, we enjoyed our respite and didn't want to leave. Hope we get a chance to go back and enjoy that pool deck.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KMD41
There are newer reviews for Four Seasons Hotel Miami

Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

My husband and I flew into Miami from Los Angeles today and received such a warm welcome from Natalie and Daria at the front desk. When they found out that we are flying to the Caribbean tomorrow to start our honeymoon they upgraded our room and even sent us strawberries and champagne! The room is gorgeous and the friendly staff is even better. What a great way to start our honeymoon!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

This property is spectacular. It's clean, modern, and sexy. The cries are amazing. Especially the partial city and bay views. The pools are great. The service is Stella. The staff are willing to do anything to make your stay perfect. The location is Brickell is spot on. Right next to the best bars and restaurants.

Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Can't wait to go back! Lounging around the pool is the best, as the staff is both attentive and friendly. Even the pool menu is good. We never left the property during our stay. We had all we needed for a relaxing getaway. The steakhouse was excellent, as was the wait staff.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
FSMiami, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Miami, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Hi JoanT,

Sounds like you enjoyed a little staycation in our urban oasis. Thank you for taking the time to share with us your positive experiences at our resort-style pool and at EDGE Steak & Bar. Comments such as yours excite our team, and reassures them that their hard work is successfully enhancing the overall guest experience.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon, whether it be another staycation or visit to the restaurant.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Not often moved to review, but this hotel rates in my top 5 of all-time. I travel in the UK and Europe a lot for work, and there is much about the Four Seasons that puts our hotels to shame.

First-up, the gym. If you like to take the chance to use a gym while away, this place is as good as it gets. To the extent that it put my members' gym at home in London to shame. The FS gym is vast, with no waiting for equipment. There are plentiful towels, the changing rooms are immaculate. Lots of really nice small touches like razors & shaving foam around the basins and the choice of cold or room-temp drinking water when you go in.

If you're a veteran of bad hotel gyms - the moment the door opens and it's a box room with no free weights and a wonky running machine - then the FS is a real treat.

As for the rest, its the usual top US hotel experience. Great breakfast, excellent staff, fantastic pool (with free high-factor sun cream). Hard to fault really. Wifi a bit pricey with two different grades of access (I think they should abolish the inferior grade). I guess some people on holiday in Miami would rather be on South Beach (a 30 dollar taxi ride away), but for me this is the place to be.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 June 2014

They drop the ball with services this visit in these areas...Greeter/Housekeeping/Pool/Room Service/Spa. And that was the first few hours. There's a wifi fee...still. Come on, even at McDonalds you get free wifi. Staff (most) just seemed blah, no interest in going the extra mile, or taking the initiative Restaurant/Bar/Spa. Was very disappointed in the SERVICE. FSMiami a favourite Miami location, huge bright rooms (and bath) with fabulous views and a funtastic pool area. Now if they can only bring the FS service standards up to par...or what it should be. Missed the little/details things FS is known for

Room Tip: Corner suites are larger, sunnier with better views
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank nicole m
FSMiami, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Miami, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Good day, Nicole M,

Thank you for staying at Four Seasons Hotel Miami, and being a loyal Four Seasons guest. We understand the value behind guest reviews and thank you for sharing your comments with us. I regret to hear that your interaction with the hotel team did not meet your expectations. I will discuss this with the team, as it is our goal to keep the guest experience our top priority.

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed guestroom and pool area. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon, so that we may be given the chance to earn your trust in us again.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

I stayed at the Four Seasons because they had a Sports Club LA. I wanted a hotel that had a "spa" like gym that I did not have to travel to that had exercise classes (Spinning was my main concern).
The Four Seasons had a special - buy 2 nights and get the third free or something like that so it was a good deal for a five star hotel. Hence, another reason why my 12 year old son and me stayed there.
The Sports Club LA needs to be renovated. The equipment was old. The staff at the front desk - they were nice but no onle really knew what was going on. They had a massage special and told me that I could not partake in it because I was not a regular member of the club but I could have a facial. It was just too weird and honestly, not customer service friendly after they said I could not but I could do this.
Also, when I reserved my bike, they did not tell me that it was a reserved number. When I got to the class, a lady came in and said -that's my bike! I am a Spin instructor myself and know that Spinners get very territorial to the point that they get nasty. Well, she was nasty so I replied -Oh, does it have your name on it? Well, they do and I had no idea. So, if they had told me at the front desk, all would be fine.

To make a long story short, I would not stay at this hotel again. I have been spoiled by the Ritz Carlton where they make everything happen. If you are not happy with something they make you happy with something else. They treat my son like a Prince. Not the same at the Four Seasons.

I was disappointed as I thought a five star hotel would be comparable to the Ritz. Nothing compares.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Good day, EllenYates,

Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with Sports Club LA. Though it is not affiliated with Four Seasons, our guests receive complimentary access to the fitness facility and spa. I regret to hear that your experience with them did not meet your expectations. I will be sure to share your comments with the General Manager of the Sports Club LA, and discuss how we can enhance our guests' experience with them.

We understand the value of guest feedback and hope we have the opportunity to welcome you again.

Warm Regards,