“Beautiful building in great location with great service” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Conrad Miami

Conrad Miami
Ranked #11 of 121 Hotels in Miami
San Juan, Puerto Rico
“Beautiful building in great location with great service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2011

Overall it was a very good stay. Brickell has really come to life as more than just the financial district. There is so much to do at night and lots of good places to eat. The hotel is in one of the nicest looking buildings on the strip. The service was very good. I'm a very low maintenance traveler and understand that with the amount of people using a hotel's facilities, there are going to be issues now and then. As long as the service is there to correct them, I'm a happy camper.

After checking in, I noticed the phone next to the bed was not working so I called down and an engineer fixed the problem within 20 min. The room was very clean and the beds were very comfortable. There were two large stains on the carpet by the door which looked like wine or grape juice and not anything disgusting that would really bother me. I did get a great rate on the Bay view room and although I got a good value, I can understand if somebody who paid a full price would want a little more “pop” from the room. The furniture was simple and elegant and the room was spacious with a beautiful bathroom but the walls were pretty bare with only one small frame hanging between the double beds. The AC control seemed to not be calibrated correctly because the room always felt warmer than the temperature it was indicating. I just turned it to a cooler setting and was okay.

One of the things that bugs me is people always complaining about high prices at hotels. I guess I just always expect them. It pains me to have to join the club though because I was really taken aback two times during the stay. First, upon arriving I asked what the rate was for guest parking and the valet attendant told me it was $36 per day. I then asked about self parking and that was $26 per day. Luckily, the manager overheard the conversation and noticed my car and informed me that there was free accessible parking (I have a permit) right around the corner which we used the entire stay. Again, great service by the bell staff who were excellent every single day. My second and main issue was room service. On the first night, I was going to go out but wanted to grab a quick bite before leaving since I was traveling all day and had not eaten. We ordered a hamburger and club sandwich two glasses of juice and a Coke. After all was said and done including service charges, delivery charge, and tip, my bill was $81. Again, this was for a burger and sandwich. I have never once complained about high food prices at hotels but this one was just more than I ever expected. At least it made for great conversation the next couple of nights. Yes, the people who say at the Conrad in Miami can afford all these prices but it doesn't mean we enjoy overpaying for things. The food was good however. I had breakfast every day at Deli Lane across the street from the hotel and it was very good.

On the bright side, I was given a free drink coupon at check in redeemable at the atrium lobby bar which was nicely decorated and had a great view. Drinks here were about $15 which is about what I expect at a hotel and especially the nicer ones like these. The view from here was perfect for watching the 4th of July fireworks!

Check-in and checkout were smooth as can be and only took about 2 min. each. The only issue I can really find with service (and it didn't bother me one bit) was that I was offered a free paper at check in which I took only because it was offered free, but it never arrived. No worries since I never read the paper anyways.

I know we tend to remember and write down the negative things we encounter just because it's easier but believe me, this is a very good hotel. I would definitely recommend it and would stay again myself.

Room Tip: The Bay view rooms are worth the extra money
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank sbenus

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (255)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Deerfield Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2011

While looking for a "package" for a romantic get-away to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary we discovered the "Down on One Knee" package. The package included champage flutes from Tiffany with our initials engraved on them, chocolate covered strawberries with champage (in our room on arrival), round trip transfers from the Miami International Airport in their beautiful Audi 8, "set" menu dinner in the Atrio Restaurant with wine pairings, complete American breakfast in the room, couples massage and all of the amenities that come with staying in the Conrad genre of facilities. The service and facility are impeccable. We were upgraded to a king suite with a partial view of the bay and beautiful city views. They brought us a telescope so that we could hone in on the sites throughout the city. We visited the pool and utilized the "free" cabanas. They have this wonderful lotion poolside that you can use after you swim and the pool towels are the softest I have ever felt. The fitness center is open 24 hours and is more than adequate - plus it is on the spa level, so you have the locker room and the dry heat as well.

There are many things to do within a walk or MetroMover/MetroRail ride from the hotel. We were there on a holiday weekend, so the schedules were not as frequent as during the regular days and weekends. You can, however, walk to Mary Brickell Village (901 South Miami Avenue- 4 blocks north and two blocks west), which has wonderful restaurants and shops-including a Publix grocery store to pick up snacks and necessities. (check hours).

There is a really nice coffee machine in the room and there is no charge, but they don't really tell you that. If in doubt in this hotel, just ask. They will answer any question or accomodate any request. If you don't like the answer you get, just go over that person's head and you will probably get what you want. They really are there to please the guests.

As a seasoned traveler, I have to say that this is probably one of the best two hotels that I have ever stayed in (it is in contention with the Blackberry Farm in Walland, Tennessee for No. 1).

The staff here remembers your name (it's kinda freaky). The only negative that I could possibly think of is that the scrambled eggs were not up to par with my moms. Everything else was absolutely perfect. The staff is professional, discreet, yet friendly and not "stiff".

A special shout out to Francois the limo driver who is amazing and Alejandro, who is a FIU Hospitality student interning at the hotel (a real asset). Natalia, the marketing manager, is also on top of everything from making sure that everything gets done when it is supposed to. Thanks to everyone at the hotel for the perfect staycation.

J & A

Room Tip: Join Hilton Honors, reserve Bay View, req upgrade
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank archdent
Hanover, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2011

Overall, I had a very good experience, the hotel is well located and the rooms are very comfortable. The business services exceeded my expectations, and I requested the help from the concierge on several occasions and the service was great.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Hartford, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2011

It was my first trip to Miami and I stayed at the CONRAD hotel. It was a wonderful possitive experiane and I loved every minute at the hotel :))

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank sylvia__star
Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2011

My wfie and I stayed here using our points due to a flight layover. Hotel is in financial/downtown district. Very clean, modern and well appointed.

One tip I can recommend is the following: hold off on going to hotel bar for about an hour or so upon arrival. We did not do this and spent a fair amount on pricey drinks. When we returned to room, two free drink coupons were in an envelope that was slid under door. Not a huge thing, but coupons had $30 value.

Room Tip: Ask for water view.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2011

When I think Miami, I think 'South Beach' or "just" beach or Mojitos but not - 'Financial District' so color me pleasantly surprised with my stay at the Conrad. Beautiful property, great room (mine was TINY) but elegant and super clean (a must for a germaphobe like myself). We found a cool little shop and restaurant district within walking distance where we had a drink and watched people and their cars for a bit. Folks in Miami should really claim Texas as home - they like things BIG. BIG watches, BIG cars, BIG (as in "notice me") wheels. Actually we were both amazed and amused by the variety of wheels we saw while people watching... Anywho, we decided to have dinner at the Conrad and were thrilled with our meal. The host told us we should have 'called ahead' but trust me, we basically had the room to ourselves... Our server, Alana, was wonderful and the food could not have been better. Skip dessert and eat more veggies, the succotash was yummerroo!

2 Thank livs2eat
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2011

This hotel met and exceeded our expectations. I accompanied my husband on a professional event he was attending at the hotel. Rooms are sleek, great housekeeping, luxurious towels, impressive marble bath with tub and great shower. My only complaint is that there is really nowhere to put anything in the bathroom (many new hotels seem to have this issue).

The Conrad actually occupies about four floors in a larger ultra-modern office/condo building. Lobby is on the 25th floor, concierge is on the 1st floor (they are great, by the way, as is all of the staff), and you have to go down from the 25th floor to get to your room. Great air-conditioning, quiet very large room most with some views of stunning Biscayne Bay.
You will enjoy the cocktail lounge - outdoors on 25th floor with great views and lovely Atrio restaurant where we had breakfast. There are easy options for walking, dining, and transportation. I drove my car to nearby Coral Gables one day (about 15 minutes, for beautiful outdoor, upscale shopping) - Concierge provided map and brochure for Merrick village (sp?). Short ride into Miami Beach and South Beach area also. They have a quiet roof-top pool that is attractive (was not manned and no food or bar service while I was there) that was relaxing for an afternoon I spent there.
We drove to another four diamond Waldorf Astoria in Key West when we left the Conrad - the Casa Marina Resort. However, that room, even allowing for the fact that it is an older historical property - does not measure up to the housekeeping and sparkling, updated and beautiful decor of the Conrad.

2 Thank MarlenieGS