“Meets the Conrad's high standards”
Review of Conrad Miami

Conrad Miami
Ranked #11 of 122 Hotels in Miami
Washington, DC
“Meets the Conrad's high standards”
Reviewed 11 February 2014

The style and service are the Conrad’s hallmark. We were coming off ten days in Cuba and ready for a really first-class hotel, and this one meets all of the expected standards. After a greeting from the concierge on the first floor, you whisk up in an express elevator to reception on the 25th floor and then down again to our room on the 22nd floor. It was a bit inconvenient to take this up-and-down route to or from our room each time, but only a minor irritant. The room had grand views of the Bay and was well appointed and immaculate. Complementary wifi for Hilton Honors guests was efficient. The staff were all quite helpful and courteous. The location is not convenient for walking to much of anything, however, so you’re effectively tethered to a car (which we didn’t have on this trip). It was a relaxing one-night stay en route home.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (271)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 February 2014 via mobile

This hotel is in the business district of Miami, so beachless but compensating for the lack by a truly glorious 25th floor view, and generous rooms, expertly serviced.

I would particularly recommend the avuncular Haitian born chief concierge for his calm and graceful presence, and the jewel in the crown, the Electric Bike service. These sensible bikes are simple to operate, scrupoulously maintained and allow you to zip around all over the place, and that means the streets of Southbeach by various bridges. Wonderful invention, great idea and perfectly safe! So many thanks hotel and bike service....

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
StephaneMercierGM, General Manager at Conrad Miami, responded to this review, 14 February 2014
Dear Nick B,

Thank you for your stay and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I was delighted to read about your wonderful stay. The bikes that you mentioned are truly a fantastic way to get around Miami and I recommend that everyone should take the opportunity to experience. I would also like to take a moment and thank you for your kind compliments regarding our Chief Concierge, Francois. He is the much loved and well known crown jewel of our Concierge Desk.

If your travels bring you back to Miami, we will look forward to the honor of your return stay. If there is anything I could do to assist in your future reservations, please do not hesitate to contact my office directly.

Avenel, New Jersey
Reviewed 10 February 2014

My friends and I stayed here for my bachelor's party and it was less worthy. Every little thing is ridiculously priced. There is no Free parking..we had to pay around $40 per day for valet.

Moreover - Hilton did not honor me the H honor points since I had booked through 3rd party (Expedia).

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Prem1111
Dear Peter906,

Thank you for your stay and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. On behalf of the Conrad Miami, I would like to congratulate you upon this wonderful time of your life and apologize for not meeting your expectations upon such a memorable occasion.

Our smart luxury brand promise rests on our ability to provide value for our guests. We are always working to ensure that our pricing is in line with the quality of the guest experience, as well as, competitive for our location. Please know that your comments were forwarded to the appropriate team members and your valuable feedback will help us look for opportunities to improve our pricing.

As a valued guest of the Conrad Miami, if you would like to discuss further the issue of HHonors points, please do not hesitate to contact my office directly

Kind Regards,

Burnham Market, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 February 2014

From the moment the valet took the car to the end of the wonderful experience, this hotel excelled. And so it should I hear you say, it is a Conrad. Many strive to give a 5 star experience, few achieve. 6, 7 or more stars who knows? We'll done Conrad Miami, you've got my business.

Room Tip: Bay view rooms look onto construction, (who doesn't in Miami nowadays). Our corner room 1911, ha...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear FromNorthNorfolk,

Thank you for your stay and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am honored to read such a fantastic review and will look forward to the honor of your return stay. If there is anything I could do to assist upon your next visit to Miami, please do not hesitate to contact my office directly.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 9 February 2014

I got this hotel as a reward from HHonors points for the night before a cruise. Room was upgraded to a bay view which was very nice. Room was spotless and fairly quiet, despite it's location next to the elevator hoistway.

The morning we departed was the Miami Marathon, however, and despite trying for 45 minutes, the bellman was unable to get us a cab. Finally, he told us our best bet would be to take our luggage and walk several blocks past the marathon route to try and hail one ourselves so we didn't miss the cruise. Four suitcases in 80 degree weather through the streets of Miami isn't exactly how I planned to spend my morning, but it was our only choice. I would have expected more of a Conrad Hotel -- even if they had told us when we checked in the day before that it would be almost impossible to get a cab until noon the next day, we could have made other plans.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ValleyTwin
Dear VallyTwin,

Thank you for your stay and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I was delighted to read that we were so close to a perfect score only to have it dashed by your unfortunate taxi experience. And for this, I want to personally apologize. I must agree that we did not meet or exceed the expectations of the Conrad Miami during the Marathon road closures.

If your travels bring you back to Miami, we will hope for the opportunity to welcome you back to enjoy the flawless service that you deserve. If there is anything I could do to assist in your future reservations, please do not hesitate to contact my office directly.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 4 February 2014

I really wanted to love this hotel but everything was off from the first day. On my first day I had an issue getting a taxi. I understand the marathon was going on but I should never be told by hotel staff that I would be better off walking a half mile down the road then waiting for the hotel to get my a cab. He told me this as I was holding a bag of golf clubs. I walkednext door to a five star hotel and they had my a cab within seconds. Also on day one I never received turn down service so I ran out of towels and body wash. Also I never received a bottle of water as a Hilton Honors member so I was left with the choice of a $10 bottle of water or sink water. Management was great and addressed these issues. On day two I never received newspapers that I requested upon check-in. Not a huge issue but when you combine it with all the other issues it shows there is some issues at this hotel.

Regarding the room, the bed was comfortable and the bathroom was large. The is a lack of lighting in the room and the noise from outside the room could bother a light sleeper. The elevator system is a bit annoying as you have to take two elevators to ge to your room. The gym is not terrible but not great, but good enough that you can workout. The views from the bar are amazing. When I am back down in this area, I will most likely stay at one of the competitors next door. I stayed here over the hotel next door to get Hilton points but next time I'm going to pass on the points.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Rabs22
StephaneMercierGM, General Manager at Conrad Miami, responded to this review, 5 February 2014
Dear Rabs22,

Thank you for your stay and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am disappointed to learn of the various opportunities where we were lacking in service including your taxi experience and the lack of turn down service, newspapers, and water. Clearly, we did not meet your expectations or the standards of Conrad Miami and, for this, I want to personally apologize.

Please know that your comments were forwarded to the appropriate team members and your valuable feedback will help us maintain the high standards our guests have come to expect of us. If time permits, I am available for further discussions and you are more than welcome to contact my office directly. I hope that we may have the opportunity to welcome you back to enjoy the flawless service that you deserve.

Kind Regards,

tampa bay, fl
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Great views, Friendly, helpful and Professional Staff. Fantastic breakfast. Soft Linens, Quick Valets. Would love to stay again. Was at hotel during busy weekend in Miami for Art Basel - hotel was very efficient.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
StephaneMercierGM, General Manager at Conrad Miami, responded to this review, 6 February 2014
Dear gotbetterweather,

Thank you for your stay and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am absolutely thrilled to read about your wonderful stay during Art Basel. It is a wonderful time of the year. We truly value our Art Basel guests and delight in providing a service experience that accommodates their needs during this busy and exciting week.

If your travels bring you back to Miami, we will look forward to the honor of your return stay. If there is anything I could do to assist with your future reservations, please do not hesitate to contact my office directly.