“Excellent”

Ranked #343 of 4,201 Restaurants in Miami
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: As Chef M tells his flavor story... I have always had a passion for food and the art of creating flavor. I have been the family's favorite chef who cooked for every event and awaited holidays to showcase my culinary talents. When I met my wife Bella she became the complement of my creations in the kitchen, which uncovered for me a bigger craze and appreciation for the art of cooking. She brought to my world her Mexican taste, spice and love of all the "fiery" components that currently form a main part the LHG menu. To this day, our weekends are enjoyed by merging flavors, experimenting on dishes and blending spices to perfection. It was not until my mom Tere "Chuchi" Perez, who has been in the restaurant business over 20 years, approached us with a vision that sparked the inspiration to launch the LHG venture. We became part of the pioneers of the food trucks in Miami. They were only about four food trucks on the road when we out to the streets with the "fire-wrapped" trailer. It was challenging but everyday we went out with courage, love, passion and priding ourselves to present authenticity and zest in our food. Today we open Latin House Grill...Burger & Taco Bar. The entire menu has an unquestionable unique taste, as each dish is prepared to perfection with attention to detail. The special touch you find in our dishes are brought together by Chuchi's very own Latin roots. LHG does not only focus in the savory experience, but prides itself in providing superior excellent service to its "Stalkers". Every visit to LHG is an individual journey, constantly evolving, always surprising and open for interpretation and discovery. Much like the ocean waves as they beautifully and effortlessly ride at the shore are never the same, no two meals are identical and no two experiences are exactly alike, but every visit is undeniably pleasurable and flavorful.
“Excellent”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

If your looking for something different, this is for sure the place.
I have had the pleasure of eating at Latin House a few times now and everytime I go it just gets better. The food is exceptional, burgers, burritos, appetizers, the list just goes on. In addition, they have a great beer menu which is sure to make any beer drinker very happy.

If you want a nice normal dinner, go to the usual places.. but if you want a nice out of this world experience, you must try Latin House. Its hard to believe this place is in my back yard. I am so lucky!!!

Go get some...

• Visited July 2014

Miami, Florida
“Great innovative lunch approach”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

This place is a burger and taco bar, but not your run of the mill same taco and burger places.

They have a different approach, like the burritos can be had with "vaca frita" meat, regular meat, chicken, etc. and the sauces are very different from other taco and burger places I've been to. So it is not the same old boring burrito, taco and burger place.

Went for lunch and had the Chimi Burrito and I ordered the vaca frita choice of meat, comes with a huge flour tortilla with yellow rice, three cheeses, sweet plantains, sliced fried potato (very good), with pico de gallo, avocado lime sauce (awesome) and crema sauce.

The plate is $11.99, however, they charge $2 extra for your choice of "protein"

We also had the American burger, which comes with maple glazed bacon, cheddar cheese, lettuce, tomato, avocado-lime sauce and crema sauce, plus the sliced fried potatoes. An added fried egg "a la benedict" style was added for $1 extra.

Also ordered the original burger.

The portions are big, so make sure you bring a healthy appetite, otherwise, you'll be taken some of the food home.

Jessica, the server, was excellent and very cordial.

Will visit again.

Miami, Florida, United States
“I have been going to the ~ Latin House Grill since August 11, 2011”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I have been going to the ~ Latin House Grill ~ when it was just a traveling food truck back in August 11, 2011 ~ trying to establish a name for itself at the height of the "Food Truck Wars" in South Florida.

Well since then we have watched them change from a tiny caterpillar to a beautiful butterfly ~ living the American Dream of success and evolving into one of the best burger joints in our three counties.

On our last experience we went for lunch and tired a delightful new array of items (see photo's)

We started off with a new appetizer ~

~ Queso Fondue ~ "A blend of 3 cheeses and Mexican chorizo, melted and served w/ fresh tortilla chips." ~ We where expecting a creamy cheesy, mouth watering fondue mixture that was light and fluffy and to be able to dip our freshly made tortilla chips (...that were great) into this creation with ease ~ NOT - It was just a nicely melted array of hot cheeses layered over the top of their house interruptions of a "latin" chorizo that was rather greasy. ~ Don't get me wrong, it was good, but we had to struggle to get the cheese onto our chips (without braking them) by either using a knife and fork to enjoy this treat. Maybe our expectations of what a "fondue" is has been recreated to meet their consumer interruption. (rating ~ three stars)

Now, if you have not been here before, you can order two sizes of burgers. Their rather lager (1/2 lb. burgers called "Madlove") or ...

...for us the smart thing to do to enjoy their large variety of burgers is to place your order as ~ two, 1/4 lb. burgers called "Muffin Tops" ~ which are all made fresh with brisket, chuck, and sirloin combination that is ground daily and served on a freshly baked Brioche bun.

This gives you the ability to cut them in half, letting you share with your partner the variety of mixing and matching of burgers that you haven't tried. ~ (Oh yes, there is a strategy behind my madness for experiencing all their treats) ~ ...and i suggest having your burgers prepared via the "chiefs recommendation" which is today was "medium". (juicy, tender and well very seasoned).

~~ Let's get down to what we indulged ourselves with ~~

~Entrees:
~ Our "Muffin Tops" selection for today's was (see photo's):

~The "Original" ~ "THE ONE THAT STARTED IT ALL", the Award Winning, three cheeses, two strips of thick cut apple-wood smoked, maple glazed bacon, butter grilled onions & mushrooms, Avocado-Lime, creme. ~ (rating ~ five stars)
~The "French" ~ Brie Cheese, Sliced Almonds, and Honey. (rating ~ five stars)
~All orders are served with a side of their "Tangled Love" fries which are excellent. Light, crunchy and salty ~ I suggest getting a small side of honey to dip them into because to me It just enhances there flavor to that height that your tasted buds are exploding with pleasure. (...oh my!)

~Desert:
~ Sweeddos" ~ OMG, what a burst of flavors ~ they are freshly made Madagascar vanilla dough fried to perfection and "injected" with "leche condensada" and drizzled with warm maple syrup and lightly powered sugar. ~ Something that can really appreciate coming from Miami-Dade County's Latin/Cuban cuisine. (rating ~ five stars)

Well their "fame and fortune" has been well recognized throughout South Florida and now nationally (Apr 25, 2014) by The Food Network's Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives starring Guy Fier. ~ (see photo's)

The service is always excellent and the establishment is colorful and very well decorated with large bright graphics (...like the Wynwood Walls of Miami) ~ One thing that we love is the hundreds of large bare light bulbs dangling from their high ceiling on a black industrial cords in an architecture appealing array of symmetrical design.

They do have multiple very large screen HD TV's placed throughout their establishment making our dining a little more exciting by watching the 2014 World Cup a pleasure. Remember, that they do have a variety of ice cold draft beers to help you quench your thirst.

~The bottom line:
I have never be disappointed when I have gone there and would given it four-and-a-half stars but we have no such rating. ~ So then, it's a solid four stars for it is always nice to try to motivate establishments by discreetly pointing out very small weakness, in your opinion, something in their menu or service so they can strive to improve your next culinary experience.

Cheers!

Windermere, Florida
“Great unique food”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We stopped in while on vacation and wished we had more places like it at home. They have several unique items that I have never had prepared that way before like fried cheese cubes with marmalade. I had the tacos and tried 4 different meats and liked the chicken the best. We had nachos with chorizo and guacamole. My wife had an incredible burger and it may have been the best I had ever tasted. Service was fast for a scratch kitchen. If you are in the area you must try it.

Miami, Florida
“One of my favorite places!”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I love this place!! I have been here multiple times and it never fails! They have an innovative menu, a mix between Mexican and Cuban, and everything taste great! The tacos are amazing the perfect size and plenty of variety! I always have the vaca frita and i promise you you cannot go wrong! The Chimiburrito with vaca frita...OMGGGGGG, its so delicious, it has yellow rice plantains and your choice of protein, then they fry it! Seriously every bite is amazing!

I really don't think anything they serve in this place will be bad!

I went last night with a big group of about 18 ppl, the service was AMAZING! Our server Kelly had a smile on her face the entire time, not once did she look frustrated or overwhelmed and she was so helpful! She made the experience that much greater!!
TRUST ME, TRY THIS PLACE!