“Fishing with the grandchildren”

Miami Fishing on The Hot Shot
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Took my grandchildren . Had a great time . Captain Sieg is a gentleman. Changed 3 different spots so we can catch some fish. Stayed out 6 hours instead of 4 . Caught a Tuna ,delicious , and also a sailfish that was released. I booked the trip from st.Maarten and glad I chose the best.

Reviewed 8 March 2014

Had an awesome time with Captain Sig today on the boat with a big group of friends! We enjoyed the company, scenery, and beverages, and caught some gorgeous sailfish, as well. He was very knowledgeable about the area and the sport and knew the answer to any of the many questions we had. Highly recommend a trip with him!

Reviewed 7 January 2014

Hot Shot Charters is the most fun a group can have while hitting on some of the best fishing S. FL can provide! Captain Sig is an experienced, straight forward, champion fisherman with a real passion for sharing the sport. + the results are fresh and delicious!

Reviewed 24 June 2013

Great day fishing. Capt Sig is the most knowledgeable fisherman in Miami. Great boat, great crew. Caught a ton of fish. Worth every penny

See more reviews
Reviewed 20 December 2012

Super Great Fishing,
I fish yearly in South Carolina for Reds and Flounder and Panama City for Tuna and locally where I live, I had to write and let everyone know what a great fishing trip I had on this charter. A buddy and I drove to Coconut Grove for a week and wanted to sport fish while there. A friend of mine suggested the Hot Shot out of Miami. I googled it and found it on the internet. When I called for a reservation Captain Sig asked what we wanted to fish for we said Mahi-Mahi. He said no problem. So we booked a two day trip. The marina was easy to find with ample parking space. Captain Sigs boat is right on the front row, it’s a 47 footer I think he said. I was pleasantly surprised to find the boat super clean and very organized; his outriggers and poles are in excellent shape. There was several types of artificial bait and fresh live bait onboard and ready to use. As we cruised out to sea the first mate knew exactly what to do and the amount of information he knew about the ocean amazed me, on the first day he saw and pointed out a leatherback turtle which is a rare sighting. We had 6 poles baited between the two of us and Captain Sig would position us in a school of Mahi-Mahi, the fish started hitting and we slayed em. We caught as much Mahi-Mahi as we wanted. Once back at the marina, Captain Sig made short order of filleting the fish and packing it correctly (front to front, etc) so we could take them home. From this experience I have added a yearly trip to coconut grove just to fish with Captain Sig on the Hot Shot. I feel it's the Captain and the crew that can make or break a fishing trip and these guys are serious about the sport and fantastic at it.They can and will catch anything the ocean offers. If you love to deep sea fish and in Miami, I highly recommend the Hot Shot, it is worth every penny.

1  Thank trippingwizard