“Experience of a lifetime” 5 of 5 bubbles

Zoological Wildlife Foundation
Ranked #5 of 338 things to do in Miami
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: ZWF Miami is the only zoo in South Florida with as many animal encounters. We carry more than 20 of exotic species at our facility with many available for interactive activities involving our guests. The five acre zoo houses everything from domestic animals and primates to large predatory birds and mammals. Some of our popular selection of exotic zoo animals are Gibbon Apes, Sloths, Lemurs, owls, snakes, Anteater, Lions, Snow Leopards, and mischievous Capuchin monkeys - like those used in many movies. The Zoological Wildlife Foundation offers intimate tours and private encounters by appointment. Contact us to schedule a special tour with our exotic animals! It's an experience you will never forget. Tours must be prepaid and booked in advance in order to guarantee your desired date and time. DIRECTIONS: Please use these directions. GPS tends to send our travelers via a dirt road. Take the FLORIDA TURNPIKE and EXIT on Eureka Drive, 184th Street headed WEST Make a RIGHT on Eureka Drive and head down to Krome Avenue, 177th Avenue Make a RIGHT heading North to 160th Street Make a RIGHT heading East for half mile to 172nd Avenue Make a RIGHT on 172nd Avenue We are on the left side about a half block down
Englewood, New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Experience of a lifetime”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2013

This was such an awesome experience. My wife and I love animals, but never thought that we would be able to have such intimate interactions with ones that are considered to be wild. We actually got to bottle feed a tiger cub!! What an amazing once in a lifetime opportunity that was! I would recommend this attraction to any animal lover who is in the Miami area. The few hours you get with the animals will truly be time and money well spent. Our tour guide, Andrea, was the best. She was knowledgeable, and her passion for the well being of each animal was clearly evident. We will never forget this experience.

Visited November 2013

33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“WOW not to be missed!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013 via mobile

This place is AWESOME. I advise you to visit if you're in the area...the private tour is outstanding,the obvious connection between the tour guide/ animal keeper is just great,the affection was mutual for them.(Andrea did a great job) The cute little doggie "tour guides" just add to the atmosphere here,the opportunity to see and even touch so many exotic animals was mind-blowing...the tiger cub encounter was likewise great,what a thrill. Worth every penny,I want to visit again!

1 Thank hsmamatotwo
Maria T, Manager at Zoological Wildlife Foundation, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
Thanks for the support! We strive to educate our guests about our animals to promote wildlife conservation. We work closely with our animal residents and care for them to the upmost of our ability; Andrea is an exceptional example of this! These creatures need the help of man in order to survive! ZWF believes our hands on encounter method of education will leave a lasting impression on our guests. We hope it carries over to support any needs necessary to continue this practice and protect all animals in the wild.
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Must Do!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

This is a must do if you go to Miami! We visited in the off season and so we got a private tour for an hour and got to pet so many animals and even hold several different baby animals - a monkey, fox, & lemur! Definitely the highlight of my trip to Miami. I can see why this is the #1 thing to do on Tripadvisor!

It is a little hard to find and a little expensive but is well worth the money! Would recommend to anyone going to Miami! Great tour guides and amazing animals!

Visited May 2013
3 Thank Courtney A
Woodbridge, NJ
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“I CANNOT BELIEVE HOW AMAZING THIS WAS”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2013

Okay, for anyone that has doubts about this place or is debating on whether to go, leave it all at the door. This place is sure to impress you animal lovers on a whole new level. I am an animal enthusiast and when I saw that you get close encounters with exotic animals, I was sold. When I got there, I was blown away. Yes, this place is on someone's privately owned property, but that gives you encounters that typical zoos would NEVER allow. Let's put it this way... My husband and I got to hold (an play with) a lemur, a red fox, a Capuchin monkey, some other kind of monkey and a BABY TIGER. I had a monkey hold my hand, got to touch a bear cat and feed a camel. I even had a toucan grab a blueberry from my mouth! I was lucky enough to catch the Tigers' feeding time and got to hear them roar and watch them eat. Also, our tour guide, Andrea, was truly amazing at her job. You can tell she had a passion for animals and a passion for giving customers the absolute best time for their money. Andrea added such a personal touch that we will never forget! If you go to the Zoological Wildlife Foundation, ask for her if you can because you'll for sure have an excellent time. Since our experience I have told like 20 people about this place and would most certainly come back. Worth EVERY penny! Don't be afraid to spend extra money on additions like the baby tiger, because it's worth it. We only did the additional 15 minutes baby tiger experience, but I am sure the other additions are just as awesome. Thanks for reading my review, have a great day!

Visited October 2013
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

2 Thank Kelsey M
I am touched by your review as it is exactly what we strive to deliver to our guests! We wish you will never forget your experience at ZWF and it carries over to help support earth's wonderful wildlife. Andrea has been with us for years and her love for the animals is apparent. We regret you had some trouble locating us but for anyone needing assistance doing so, please call us and we will gladly direct you… Unfortunately even some GPS platforms will send guests in the wrong direction.
Basking Ridge, New Jersey
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Thanks Trip Advisor members”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2013

Where do I start? Picked this out as it is the #1 attraction in the Miami area. It is costly, but if you have to pick only a few things to do, consider it.

We arrived after a 30 minute car ride from downtown Miami. We had to sign a waiver that if we were injured...they are not resp.! Then our guide walked out carrying a cute monkey, a lemur I think. It was a baby, 11 months old and had on a little diaper skirt...and acted like a little baby, making noises etc. OUr guide Ally, was very knowledgeable and I remembered people saying how much they liked her from this site.

Then we were taken to the golf cart, which is large and joined by Janesse. Together the 2 girls helped us tour the facility...we stopped at the Macaw, and were allowed to go into the cage and feed him blueberries. Then onto the camels, and we got out and spent some time with them even tho they were behind the fence, the 2 animals were very friendly. Then on past the anteater who wouldn't come out...the girls kept up a lively banter and were a fountain of information about the animals, whom they clearly love.

We visited the lions, the snow leopards and then stopped by the tiger cage and a beautiful white colored tiger was playing with a giant ball in a pool. How cool is that! I could have watched this all day it was so fascinating.

Then we viewed pelicans, a crocodile, a black jaguar, and more golden lemurs...who were entertaining...but one fun thing was a stop before a monkey cage with about 4 brownish monkeys and we were told one was a little mean, watch out he doesn't grab you through the fence! He was about 15 lbs, really small, and he had a mean little face. I liked him a lot cause he was so funny!

Then we got out of the cart and petted some black and white monkeys, one on his way to a one on one with a customer...it was very soft and felt great....and then it was a real treat when Jenesse brought out the fabulous tiny baby money clinging to a small stuffed animal. This was amazing...she let us hold him on his stuffed perch and he acted like a baby making the cutest noises, and he was a little scared I think...just like a human. It was amazing!

But then we had paid for the one on one with the tiger cub, and after wondering how big he would be we see Ally coming out carrying him! He was taken over to the grassy area and put down and we were given some palm fronds to drag on the grass to get him going...

When I felt him, he was very powerful for such a young animal and you could really sense what he would grow up to be..he was cut and the girls were always watching to make sure we were protected against him as I was inclined to do stupid things like put my fingers in his mouth! Then the tiger was running around a little in the area and you could see how he liked to hide in the grasses...he had a brown spot/marking on his nose, and giant paws. Amazing!
Thank you Ally and Jennessa and I will email you pics soon, thanks for waiting, Jackie.

Visited October 2013