“Great happy hour!!!”

Machiya Modern Japanese
Price range: US$4 - US$20
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian, Thai, Fusion
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Description: enjoy our fusion of traditional and contemporary Japanese cuisine. We take special delight in introducing our guests to new wines, great cuisine and unique pairings of food with wines and sake. Inspired by our executive chefs, the red miso braised Japanese short ribs and roasted Japanese Sea-bass with ginger tomato and spiced potato crisp are a celebration of flavor.Our fresh, mouthwatering sushi and sushi rolls create new ways to present the best ingredients we have to offer.
miami
“Great happy hour!!!”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

What else can we ask for but Great happy hour and sushi:))) Just doesn't get any better. We sat at the bar at happy hour and just devoured the sushi,... The bartender was exceptional. He wanted us to try everything and helped us to order the right amount and the right dishes.. Great addition to Midtown

Visited May 2014

Fort Lauderdale
“Great Food!!”
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Based on Machiya's decision to change from including Ramen in their name to what it is now likely means the Ramen craze has not caught on in Miami, but regardless, you can still enjoy Ramen at the restaurant, as well as a fusion of traditional and contemporary Japanese dishes.

With only three Ramen options, I settle on the Tokyo Ramen. It is made from the traditional pork based broth and absolutely delicious but the highlight was the gyoza. Three pieces just weren't enough and they were so amazing, I wish I could have had more.

I couldn't go to a Japanese restaurant and not order sushi so we ordered the Spicy Salmon and the Yellowtail sushi rolls. Each roll that I popped into my mouth was pure goodness. The way the rice is prepared in a major factor in what make good or bad maki rolls (at least to me) and Machiya's rice was on point.

The Baked Crab Roll (snow crab/kani/mayo/sesame soy paper) was small and not what I was expecting, but despite its small size it was packed with yumminess. It was soft and very delicate but not mushy.

With a social network check-in we got a free Tuna Hand Roll. They didn't skimp even though it was free and I couldn't be happier with my unexpected extra.

The food does take some time to come out, and that may be a problem to some but when it comes out steaming hot and fresh, that makes the wait worth it. Aside from that aspect and the order in which the dishes were presented, I have no complaints. Our server did lack personality but he did do a descent job of taking care of us.

I don't consider myself to be a Ramen aficionado, but what I had was quite good and the sushi was tasty and slightly different than the usual so I will definitely return.

“Amazing sushi!!!”
Reviewed 27 December 2013

Whow, what a place. It's hard to explain if you haven't tried it yet.
The scallops roll was to die for and the sashi special with a variety of things was also really good. It was my wife's birthday and we end up ordering 3 plates of the scallops and I still think I should've had one more!!! hehe
Definetly would recommend it if you are looking for something more than just your usual sushi.

Miami Beach, Florida
“Would not be returning”
Reviewed 10 December 2013

Waited 30 minutes for a table, Japanese host was rude...told us to come back in 30 min for a possible table because she would not be calling your name...when we finally got a table we got seated outside...the drinks came and the martini glass was dirty with two dark seed size dirt...I asked for another drink because I was not going to drink it...so another glass of mango martini was brought out...tasted terrible...couldn't drink it and asked for another drink...started to drizzle and not the host or the waiters cared about moving us inside...we literary had to get up and complain with other customer with the same issue...some just left...we got moved half way inside and we were still getting wet but no one seemed to care...we finally asked for the manager and the owner came out and moved the chairs a bit closer towards the inside and just said, "we have been busy all day," and left without a care in the world! We simply picked this restaurant based on the reviews and first time we experience such a terrible time when the reviews seemed to be good...we are locals and there are much much better Japanese restaurants in Miami...this one is not a return for us!!! Food wise it was mediocre...

Miami, Florida
“Enjoyable”
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Depending on what you are looking for and how much you want to spend this place could be yours. Some of the noodles were nice as were sime of the sashimi. The salmon, yellow tail and uni were nice on the day visited. The rolls were not on top of my list. You will always find really nice bits I gues and also some normal, nothing special items just as in most restaurants. The place sometimes has kive music and the service was good too. It was not a dream dinner but we have enjoyed it.

• Visited November 2013