“A great spot for a family visit”

Captain Jimmy's Fiesta Cruises
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“A great spot for a family visit”
Reviewed 11 August 2013

We began our day talking to a friendly volunteer at the visitor's center. He was knowledgeable and offered suggestions for the rest of our trip to Florida. We signed up for a snorkeling trip and were not disappointed. We were taken to a beautiful reef. The captain and his assistant were very helpful. The day was a highlight of our trip.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Rosebowl94991112

West Chester, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome adventure!!!”
Reviewed 31 July 2013

We experience a great adventure during our visit to the Key Biscayne National Park. The service provided was excellent, friendly and knowledge crew and guide... we did snorkeling and if we have to explain in one word our experience, this it will be Awesome!!!

1 Thank 759Teo
Hopkins, Belize
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“interesting cruise round the Bay”
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Sitting on the top deck we could see some of the many facets of Miami, and homes of the rich and sometimes famous. Commentary in English and Spanish was useful without being too intrusive. We were really lucky with weather, so had light, sunset and darkness to view the homes, port, buildings, bridges, yachts, etc.
Down below was music and dancing if you wanted, but up on deck was better for seeing the world go by.
A good introduction to the area.

miami
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful time”
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I really enjoyed my time at Biscayne National Underwater Park. The Ranger and Captain of the snorkeling boat were both informative and entertaining. Add to that the beauty of the reef I visited and all the colorful fish, and I had a fantastic day. I'll definitely be back.

1 Thank MiamiWanderlust
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Fantastic, but Prepare to be Flexible”
Reviewed 24 June 2013

The National Park itself (reefs, nature, etc.) are excellent and well worth the time and money. However, I had a little difficulty in the reservation process with the NPS concessioner, Biscayne Underwater. I planned my entire one-week vacation on a fairly tight schedule. A few days after booking a date and time for the snorkeling trip, I received emails from Biscayne Underwater letting me know that I would need to reschedule due to there being not enough participants for my scheduled reservation time (they need a minimum of 12 people to conduct the tour). I was a bit frustrated at the last minute notice only a day or two before the trip. Although, for full disclosure, I also didn't book the trip up until the week before. So I rearranged my itinerary so that we could still fit the tour in on the newly offered date and time. Initially, I was tempted to cancel altogether, since I felt frustrated by the inconvenience of needing to rearrange my vacation, but I'm so glad that I didn't. Once the day of the tour came, the concessioner and its guides were wonderful. They were friendly, funny, and knowledgeable. And as for the underwater portion of the park, it was breathtakingly beautiful. If you have the time to do the snorkeling trip, I'd highly recommend it, as it's the third largest reef in the world behind Australia and Belize! But learn from me, and try to book early in advance so that if the reservation needs to be adjusted, you have some room to do so. Also, be prepared that you may need to switch from the date you originally choose if they don't have the minimum number of participants, which I'd imagine is more often the case in the off-season when I went.

Visited June 2013