“Poor service, tiny rooms”
Review of YVE Hotel Miami

YVE Hotel Miami
Ranked #56 of 122 Hotels in Miami
Boston, Ma
“Poor service, tiny rooms”
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Very disappointed by this hotel.
The staff wasn't helpful at all. I forgot my phone charger (my mistake, I know) but when I called 2 hours later realizing this, I was told it wasn't found in the room. A friend who works in the same building stopped by in the afternoon a few hours after I checked out, and the answer was the same, and said in a very rude way. The day after, she stopped by and insisted, again, and... they were able to find the charger, eventually.
The room was small but clean, no space to put stuff by the sink. The only awesome thing was the bed: very comfy. A lot of noise at nights due to party people coming back late.
I won't come back to this hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Sig V, General Manager at YVE Hotel Miami, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Good morning Mathilde

And thank you for taking the time to review us here. I was made aware of your phone charger and verified that indeed it was not found. Originally it was thought it could be a mistake. It was only after one of our attendants got the idea of checking in the bundled up linen that came from your room, that we went to our laundry and were able to locate it. This was the reason why the initial response to you was that we did not find it, we do apologize for this.

Also, know that the weekend you stayed here the Bayfront park across the street was hosting the Ultra Music Festival which held concerts each night until late hours of the night. The traffic it generated with young adults in attendance definitely provided some challenges to the rest of the guests.

I hope we have the opportunity to do things right for you the next time you visit Miami.

Sig Varela

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (342)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Yes the bathrooms are small and the air conducting doesn't whisper. But the hotel is spotless, the beds among the most comfortable and no other hotel has Stanley and the staff that works with him. Before I could ask, he had our transfers to the ship organized, recommended an incredible Peruvian restaurant around the corner and suggested the Bayside Market for after dinner. I don't care about tiny bathrooms as long as they work. I do care about a Stanley who anticipates his guest's needs and then takes care of them.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the water are fantastic.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank candorny_123
Good morning cardony_123

And thank you for a great review and your comments regarding one of our very best, Stanley. He is definitely a gem and we are happy to have him as one of the leaders at our front office team.

Please do come back, and perhaps next time I'll have a chance to meet you in person. It will B my pleasure to welcome you back.

Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 3 April 2014

The B2 Miami is THE PLACE to be for an Ultra weekend stay! The hotel is located in the heart of it all -literally overlooks the Ultra venue! We asked for and were given a room that overlooked the venue which took the entire Ultra experience to a different level! Notwithstanding our proximity to the concert, the hotel had security measure that insured our stay would be safe and enjoyable. Two security guards posted at the elevators checking for mandatory wristbands that allowed only guests to reach the upper floors.
We can not say enough about the thoughtful and attentive staff. From the moment we arrived we received VIP treatment. A shout out to Freddy at the front desk who went above and beyond with helpful recommendations and courteous service. He was friendly, knowledgable and professional- exactly who you want greeting you upon your arrival in a new city! We can't say enough about how professionally the entire staff responded to the crush of concertgoers! From the valets who were faced with challenging traffic conditions, to the housekeeping staff - these employees aimed to please! We are so grateful for the entire B2 experience - we will certainly be back!

Room Tip: If you want a view of the Ultra venue - ask for it! It is like being at the concert without a ticke...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Elizabeth B
Good morning Elizabeth and thank you for a great review. I am glad you got to enjoy the Ultra Music Festival and that you felt our security measures were appropriate for the event.

I will share you comments with Freddy, as I know he enjoys hearing that his efforts we well received by our guests.

See you at Ultra next year, if not sooner. B well!

Muscat, Oman
Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

So in reading the reviews written about this hotel, I tend to agree with some things. The hotel has one of the best locations in downtown Miami. The hotel it self is modern and the rooms are good size with comfortable furniture. The bathroom in my room was clean and had a nice shower. The issues I found was with the service and staff. They didn't seem to care much about customers. After checking in we were told that our suitcases will be sent to our rooms. 15 minutes later nothing came. So one of my friends actually went down stairs and found our bags just sitting there unattended. Also crowds of young loud teens is the theme. Well for one night stay it was a good value for money but wouldn't want to stay longer.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Falsaqri
Good morning Falsaqri:

And thank you for your review. The weekend you stayed with us is definitely not the norm for b2, as it was the weekend of the Ultra Music Festival. Over 300,000 young adults flock to the city to attend electronic music concerts held right across the street from us and this comes with some challenges.

The amount of traffic seen in the hotel over those days puts a strain on the operation and it can cause some inconvenience on the rest of the guests. Thankfully, you were able to enjoy the accommodations and I can assure you that under normal circumstances, you will be very pleased.

Hopefully we will see you back soon.

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 1 April 2014

I had high hopes for my two-night stay here at the b2. I thought I would be getting a comfortable, boutique hotel experience and I got the opposite but with good style none-the-less.
I can get past the awful, early twenties party crowd, the staff member smelling like pot in the elevator with me and even the cheap IKEA-grade furniture.

However, I cannot forgive upon check in, dried urine all over the toilet seat, pubic hairs and other *stains* on the toilet. One last note, the rooms have high CFM, LOUD HVAC systems that will blast you to a point of madness, especially in smaller rooms. If this will keep you awake, do not book. I was up all night dealing with parties on my floor and had nothing to drown out the sound because the air was more annoying than the awful people at the hotel. Of note, I am thirty and the crowd was too young and rowdy for me.

Two major pluses here - The beds in the rooms are pretty amazing and very comfortable. Also, the food and cocktails in the gastropub downstairs are really good, and you will receive great service there. Speaking of service, this review in no way faults the staff. I had great interactions with everyone, even smokey the bear in the elevator!

Room Tip: Upper floors and ask for a corner!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank ittessot
Good morning ittesot:

Thank you for taking the time to review b2 on TripAdvisor and share with us the good and not so good. The weekend you stayed with us was indeed a trying one as it was the annual Ultra Music Festival and it does attract a much younger crowd which attends the concerts happening right accross the stret at Bayfront park.

I have shared your comments with our housekeeping staff and will be looking into the issues you mentioned. It would be a great honor if you allowed b2 an opportunity to redeem itself in your eyes. I promise I will be personally making sure you receive the full scope of the b2 experience.

Until then, B well,

uk
Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed one night on a girls trip to watch the Sony tennis at Key Biscayne. We had lunch at Bayside which was just a walk across the street, so great location. The hotel is clean and modern, the room was big enough with two comfy, double beds, overlooking Bayside and the port. The bathroom was tiny but adequate. The a/c is noisy when it's running. Sig the manager was very friendly and keen to make our stay perfect. Tornell parked our car and was super nice and chatty, and Stephen the concierge helped us with directions and was very friendly. He checked on us a couple of time during our stay to make sure we didn't need anything. I did find day and night reception staff a little unfriendly. I would stay here again if I needed to be downtown.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Good morning lovelonboatkey:

And thank you very much for your great review of b2 miami. I am glad you and your girlfriends enjoyed your stay at b2 and we were able to gain your second visit out of it.

I passed on your comments to Steve and Tornell and they were equally happy that their attention to detail made it happen for you.

B well, and B back soon.

Pula, Croatia
Reviewed 30 March 2014

No to much to say about this place. Location is excellent. Taxi cheep to all attractive location (South beach - 10-12$, Miami Int airport). You are already in downtown, cruise port is across the street, Macy's just few blocks away... and that s it.. you pay expensive for location.. rooms are extra small, big line on very slow guest services, Valet for car ( Valet people very friendly ), room service terrible.. anyway, again.. Its not about hotel, its about location here.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Good morning Kundih

Thank you for your review and comments about b2 miami. This time of the year happens to be the height of peak season and therefore prices everywhere tend to be on the higher side. Please know that our rates are set to be of great value when compared to other neighborhood hotels. Rates also vary depending on the room type you select at the time of reservation.

As you mentioned, we are in the center of it all, and the convenience of staying at b2 is really second to none. I trust I will see you again at b2 soon. Until then,

B well!