“Bring earplugs”

Ranked #57 of 122 Hotels in Miami
erie, co
“Bring earplugs”
Reviewed 7 April 2014

We stayed the night before a cruise during spring break. We used a name your price website and got a guaranteed rate that was lower than anything else we found. The Hotel room is small, but we only slept and showered there. The air conditioner is noisy, bring earplugs and you will be fine. the room is clean, the location is great. We went to the bar around 11 PM and they had a good selection of craft beers and the chips and bleu cheese were AMAZING!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank debk68
Sig V, General Manager at YVE Hotel Miami, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Good morning debk68:

Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay at b2 miami downtown. I am also pleased to see that you enjoyed our signature restaurant's offerings, and you are correct, the potatoe chips and blue cheese dip are amazing.

I trust we will see you again soon. Until then,

B well!

Sig Varela

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (344)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed here the last night of the festival and it was great. We walled to the festival and made it back to our room 20 minutes after the festival was over. Perfect since we had to be up at 4 for a flight.

But the room was small and noisy. You could hear inside neighbors all night and the ac was really loud. Good for a bed and a shower but not a great couples retreat.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jane H
Good morning Jane H, and thanks for your review. Indeed the location can not be beat when attending the Ultra Music Festival. The hotel does become a bit noisier during those days as concert goers return to the hotel late at night and are sometimes not the quietest of guests.

I hope you will be back with us next year for the festival.

B well!

Boston, Ma
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Very disappointed by this hotel.
The staff wasn't helpful at all. I forgot my phone charger (my mistake, I know) but when I called 2 hours later realizing this, I was told it wasn't found in the room. A friend who works in the same building stopped by in the afternoon a few hours after I checked out, and the answer was the same, and said in a very rude way. The day after, she stopped by and insisted, again, and... they were able to find the charger, eventually.
The room was small but clean, no space to put stuff by the sink. The only awesome thing was the bed: very comfy. A lot of noise at nights due to party people coming back late.
I won't come back to this hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Sig V, General Manager at YVE Hotel Miami, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Good morning Mathilde

And thank you for taking the time to review us here. I was made aware of your phone charger and verified that indeed it was not found. Originally it was thought it could be a mistake. It was only after one of our attendants got the idea of checking in the bundled up linen that came from your room, that we went to our laundry and were able to locate it. This was the reason why the initial response to you was that we did not find it, we do apologize for this.

Also, know that the weekend you stayed here the Bayfront park across the street was hosting the Ultra Music Festival which held concerts each night until late hours of the night. The traffic it generated with young adults in attendance definitely provided some challenges to the rest of the guests.

I hope we have the opportunity to do things right for you the next time you visit Miami.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Yes the bathrooms are small and the air conducting doesn't whisper. But the hotel is spotless, the beds among the most comfortable and no other hotel has Stanley and the staff that works with him. Before I could ask, he had our transfers to the ship organized, recommended an incredible Peruvian restaurant around the corner and suggested the Bayside Market for after dinner. I don't care about tiny bathrooms as long as they work. I do care about a Stanley who anticipates his guest's needs and then takes care of them.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the water are fantastic.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank candorny_123
Good morning cardony_123

And thank you for a great review and your comments regarding one of our very best, Stanley. He is definitely a gem and we are happy to have him as one of the leaders at our front office team.

Please do come back, and perhaps next time I'll have a chance to meet you in person. It will B my pleasure to welcome you back.

Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 3 April 2014

The B2 Miami is THE PLACE to be for an Ultra weekend stay! The hotel is located in the heart of it all -literally overlooks the Ultra venue! We asked for and were given a room that overlooked the venue which took the entire Ultra experience to a different level! Notwithstanding our proximity to the concert, the hotel had security measure that insured our stay would be safe and enjoyable. Two security guards posted at the elevators checking for mandatory wristbands that allowed only guests to reach the upper floors.
We can not say enough about the thoughtful and attentive staff. From the moment we arrived we received VIP treatment. A shout out to Freddy at the front desk who went above and beyond with helpful recommendations and courteous service. He was friendly, knowledgable and professional- exactly who you want greeting you upon your arrival in a new city! We can't say enough about how professionally the entire staff responded to the crush of concertgoers! From the valets who were faced with challenging traffic conditions, to the housekeeping staff - these employees aimed to please! We are so grateful for the entire B2 experience - we will certainly be back!

Room Tip: If you want a view of the Ultra venue - ask for it! It is like being at the concert without a ticke...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Elizabeth B
Good morning Elizabeth and thank you for a great review. I am glad you got to enjoy the Ultra Music Festival and that you felt our security measures were appropriate for the event.

I will share you comments with Freddy, as I know he enjoys hearing that his efforts we well received by our guests.

See you at Ultra next year, if not sooner. B well!

Muscat, Oman
Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

So in reading the reviews written about this hotel, I tend to agree with some things. The hotel has one of the best locations in downtown Miami. The hotel it self is modern and the rooms are good size with comfortable furniture. The bathroom in my room was clean and had a nice shower. The issues I found was with the service and staff. They didn't seem to care much about customers. After checking in we were told that our suitcases will be sent to our rooms. 15 minutes later nothing came. So one of my friends actually went down stairs and found our bags just sitting there unattended. Also crowds of young loud teens is the theme. Well for one night stay it was a good value for money but wouldn't want to stay longer.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Falsaqri
Good morning Falsaqri:

And thank you for your review. The weekend you stayed with us is definitely not the norm for b2, as it was the weekend of the Ultra Music Festival. Over 300,000 young adults flock to the city to attend electronic music concerts held right across the street from us and this comes with some challenges.

The amount of traffic seen in the hotel over those days puts a strain on the operation and it can cause some inconvenience on the rest of the guests. Thankfully, you were able to enjoy the accommodations and I can assure you that under normal circumstances, you will be very pleased.

Hopefully we will see you back soon.

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 1 April 2014

I had high hopes for my two-night stay here at the b2. I thought I would be getting a comfortable, boutique hotel experience and I got the opposite but with good style none-the-less.
I can get past the awful, early twenties party crowd, the staff member smelling like pot in the elevator with me and even the cheap IKEA-grade furniture.

However, I cannot forgive upon check in, dried urine all over the toilet seat, pubic hairs and other *stains* on the toilet. One last note, the rooms have high CFM, LOUD HVAC systems that will blast you to a point of madness, especially in smaller rooms. If this will keep you awake, do not book. I was up all night dealing with parties on my floor and had nothing to drown out the sound because the air was more annoying than the awful people at the hotel. Of note, I am thirty and the crowd was too young and rowdy for me.

Two major pluses here - The beds in the rooms are pretty amazing and very comfortable. Also, the food and cocktails in the gastropub downstairs are really good, and you will receive great service there. Speaking of service, this review in no way faults the staff. I had great interactions with everyone, even smokey the bear in the elevator!

Room Tip: Upper floors and ask for a corner!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank ittessot
Good morning ittesot:

Thank you for taking the time to review b2 on TripAdvisor and share with us the good and not so good. The weekend you stayed with us was indeed a trying one as it was the annual Ultra Music Festival and it does attract a much younger crowd which attends the concerts happening right accross the stret at Bayfront park.

I have shared your comments with our housekeeping staff and will be looking into the issues you mentioned. It would be a great honor if you allowed b2 an opportunity to redeem itself in your eyes. I promise I will be personally making sure you receive the full scope of the b2 experience.

Until then, B well,