3,343 results
All reviews biscayne tavern bayside marketplace rooms are small bayfront park the american airlines arena cruise port heart of downtown location is great market place valet service short stay pre cruise south beach bay view cvs concierge ship
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Across the board, I had a less than good experience at this hotel. My biggest issue with it was the fact that it was advertised to be much nicer than it really is in reality.

My boyfriend and I drove to Miami to stay overnight for a business meeting the next day, and we arrived to the hotel around 10 pm. First of all, they do not have any kind of obvious sign advertising the location of the parking (which is valet only for $32 dollars overnight, so if you're uncomfortable with that, don't stay here). We called the hotel to ask where the parking was, and they told us that the valet was on the side of the building but did not clarify which side, so we spent about 15 minutes circling the building trying to locate the valet. We dropped off our car, and went inside the hotel, which was packed and there was only 2 trolleys for luggage and 1 bellhop. We had our hands totally full, and did not receive any assistance. We stood in a longer than average line waiting to check in at the front desk, and there was no organization, people were jumping in and out of the line, and the people at reception did nothing to control the crowd, we literally had to push our way to the front desk. In the lobby, there were 3 or 4 huge blue carts full of linens, obviously waiting to be taken down to the laundry, and there was a line for the elevator. When we were checking in, we were informed that even though we had reserved a king bed, that there was not one available, and that we were being "upgraded to a suite"...needless to say, the "suite" was nothing more than a normal hotel room with a large useless space in front of the bathroom that was not being utilized for anything except a mirror and a closet. I would have preferred a normal room to a so-called "suite" with a random empty space. In the lobby, there were 3 or 4 huge blue carts full of linens, obviously waiting to be taken down to the laundry, and there was a line for the elevator. For a hotel with over a dozen floors, you would think they would have more than 2 extremely small elevators--this was not the case. We waited 10 minutes just to get on the elevator, and it was packed to capacity with people and their stuff--do not come to this hotel if you are claustrophobic, every single time we used the elevator the experience was the same. When we got settled into the room, we called down to the front desk to see if the on-site restaurant 'The Tavern' was still open. The concierge told me that the restaurant and the bar would be open until midnight, so we decided to head down to grab a bite to eat. When we sat down at 11, an hour before the restaurant was due to close, a grumpy waiter came over to our table to inform us that only half of the menu was available, and that "if we didn't like that, we would have to go somewhere else". So much for "half" of the menu, the only thing they were still serving was the overpriced appetizers, so we decided to leave. At the front desk, we were promptly told that no restaurants in the area would still be open except for Hooters and that they recommended we order a pizza, for which we were handed a flier. The pizza came burnt and they forgot our drinks, and the pizza place would not issue us a refund. Why would the hotel recommend a place with such poor customer service? Finally, when we went looking for vending machines in the hotel, they were not where the in-room B2 booklet said they would be. There was not one on the 14th OR the 10th floor as advertised, and when we called the front desk they said that we would have to order a bottle of water from their restaurant. What kind of hotel doesn't have a vending machine?

Essentially, what it seemed like to me was that they spent way too much money trying to design the place to look 'modern' (to their credit, the interior of the rooms did look very modern and nice) that they forgot to include the simple details that make a place comfortable in the first place.

My final complaint is with the valet service. When we got our car back from the valet, there was a scratch on one of the doors, and a cellphone holder was missing from the inside of the vehicle. Needless to say, we were angry. Luckily we took anything out of the car with any real value, but we didn't think anyone would be enough of a jerk to take the holder that sits on the console that holds your cellphone--I guess we were wrong, fair warning--EVERYTHING is clearly fair game. When I went inside to complain about the scratch and the stolen item, we were told that the hotel was not liable for the valet service, and that all they could do was refund the $32 parking fee. How can the hotel claim to not be liable for the valet service if they literally don't offer any other type of parking?

Avoid this place, go to the Intercontinental which is right down the street and provides way better bang for your buck.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank ammss2014
Sig V, General Manager at YVE Hotel Miami, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Good morning AMMS S:

I appreciate you taking the time to share your candid feedback with the hotel. Though you have expressed no desire to return, rest assured that we will still review it with the team and identify potential areas of improvement.

Our approach has always been to exceed expectations at all cost as mentioned by many other reviewers, and it saddens me that we were not able to do that for you. We wish you the best in your future travels.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

First of all this hotel is beyond gorgeous. My husband and I stayed for one night before our cruise left port. Location is amazing, less than a mile from the port so that's really why we chose this hotel.
We had booked a corner bay view king room, yet when we got there we were informed they had none available. Very, very annoying as another reason we had chosen this hotel was for that room and view. Not sure how I was allowed to book a room that was unavailable and it really made me feel as if they get people to book the nicer room just to get them there and then say it's unavailable just to get their business as you cannot cancel day of when you get there obviously. The concierge did book us a room on the penthouse floor with the same view, just not a corner room. The view was still amazing as we saw the cruise ships come into port in the morning while watching the sunrise. It was very clean and modern looking so no complaints there. And like I said location was great. Right across from the Bayside Market which was key for us as we didn't want to rent a car for only one night.
Now the bad. I know a few others have touched on the elevator issue on here and when we checked in we had absolutely no problem, but the next day it was atrocious. This hotel really needs more than two elevators! It's only a 16 floor building but somehow no matter what on Saturday, every time we wanted to use the elevator there were at least 30 people waiting for them and you could only fit about 6 in each car. At one point there was easily more than 50 people waiting, so we had to climb 16 flights of stairs.
Then there's the tavern. Now I know we're in Miami and things are a bit more expensive, but this place was so ridiculously overpriced, especially considering you could get food and drinks right across the street at the market for a much lower price. DO not waste your money at their tavern. We went in for a drink and all we got was one rum and coke (very small too, not even a 12 oz glass) and it was $10. You can get the same thing across the street for $3 and in a bigger glass.
Many people complained that the walls were too thin, but we didn't have that problem at all. It was a very nice hotel, if a bit overpriced. The fact that you often are forced to take the stairs or wait upwards of a half hour for the elevator should make the rate cheaper alone. It was a very gorgeous hotel, but honestly we would absolutely never say there again. When there are so many options right by the port every hotel has to be the best. The elevator situation is completely unacceptable.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lindsey D

Good morning Lindsey:

And thank you for your review. I am glad our front office team was able to upgrade you to the PH level with a great view of Biscayne Bay. Ocassionally, there are guests that extend their stay after checking in which can lead to some room types becoming unavailable. However, as you experienced, the team is trained to upgrade when possible to the next category available at no extra charge.

I appreciate your comments with regards to the prices in our signature restaurant, The Biscayne Tavern. Though we have gone through great lengths to ensure they are competitive, we will continue to review market prices and verify we are offering the best value for our meals and drinks.

I sure hope you have the opportunity to visit us again. It would be my pleasure to welcome you back.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

This hotel was a pleasant surprise in downtown Miami.

Great location. Close to South Beach and the airport and of course Bayside and the rest of downtown.

The interior is modern and clean and the staff are friendly and willing to assist.

The rooms are nicely appointed and the amenities and towels are of decent quality.

Overall good value for your money.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Sig V, General Manager at YVE Hotel Miami, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Good morning RobertStewartJA:

And thank you for a great review. I am glad you found our service, location and clealiness to exceed your satisfaction. I'm also glad you enjoyed the quality of the towels. Both our linen and terri are of amazing quality and above the standard for most other hotels in the area.

I hope b2 miami can see you back soon. Please stop by my office at the front desk and say hello.

Until then,

Reviewed 4 May 2014

We chose B2 due to it's location and we stayed 3 nights. The staff was very helpful but always too busy. Room and bed was comfortable and very clean. However the air conditioning was very noisy. Telephone message system did not work and the engineers could not help and we missed some important phone calls. It will be helpful to have a tea/ coffee making facilities in the room. We like a cup of tea first thing in the morning. We were disappointed when the room breakfast arrived in paper bags and disposable cartons and tea and coffee in paper cups. Views from our room were great but had no sitting chair or a small table to sit and enjoy the view. I would not recommend the hotel for the older couples but for a short stay and just to get around with public transport, it is a great location.

Room Tip: Room on higher floor on Bayside has a great view
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Good morning Kkh75:

Thank you very much for your positive comments with regards to our hotel, our rooms, service and clealiness. Thank you for ordering room service through our signature restaurant, the Biscayne Tavern. If you had a chance to vist it you know that the theme of the restaurant is a rustic yet modern approach to the ol' fashioned tavern. Our delivery of room service carries that same theme in the way the offerings are presented, but I am sorry this was not to your liking.

I hope we'll see you again the next time you visit Miami. It will be our pleasure to take care of you again.

B well!

Reviewed 29 April 2014

Hi,

This is my first time using Rocketmiles. I checked into b2 Miami late last night (due to the storms yesterday my flight was delayed). I called to let the hotel know that my check-in would be late. I arrived to find 5 mass blue bins of dirty towel in the lobby. I got to my room after a long day of traveling. There was a red stain on the bathroom towel, assuming blood? The sink was clogged and the shower. I pried open the drain. My sheets had a black track on it where it looks like it was folded. Being exhausted I coved it with a towel (assuming soot from the linen cabinet) stayed on the far side of the bed and fell asleep.
I woke up (after not being able to get dinner (arrived before 11) to order room service. Called to the kitchen and there was 'an issue with the kitchen' (this was at 6:45am) and they told me there was no room service. The front desk wasn't able to do anything because (they said) I booked through a travel agency (Rocketmiles). I can't think of a worst time at a hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo