“Great Experience!”

Ranked #57 of 122 Hotels in Miami
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Great Experience!”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I found this little boutique hotel online while trying to find a cheap but decent over night hotel before my cruise to Mexico. The location is perfect. Very close to the port of Miami and they have a free shuttle for hotel guests directly to the port. The staff was super friendly and very helpful. Everyone truly seemed to enjoy working there. The room was very clean. It was small but very nice. Well appointed and the bed was super comfy. The hotel is within walking distance to everything you might need. Thanks to a recommendation of the front desk staff, I found amazing cuban chicken at a little place behind the hotel. When I was checking out, the next morning, the staff offered to hold my bags for a few hours until it was time for me to go to the port. I really was impressed and I will stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: I asked for a room facing the park. It was a beautiful view.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Steven D
Sig V, General Manager at YVE Hotel Miami, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Good morning Steven D:

And thank you very much for our review. As you mentioned, the atmosphere in our hotel is very enjoyable and it makes it easier for the team to deliver high levels of customer service. I am glad you where also able to enjoy one of our most popular 'staff picks' by eating at the small Cuban place behind the hotel. That is as authentic Cuban cuisine as you can get.

Be sure to keep us in mind the next time you visit Miami. We will B waiting.

Sig Varela

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (343)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
California
Reviewed 6 June 2014

If you are looking to spend the night before your cruise, this hotel is okay! the bar/restaurant was great! A little on the high side money wise! The room and the bathroom were small but I had a great view which I loved! I had view of the harbor! I could see my ship in the harbor ready to sail! Another thing I liked about this hotel was the area they had created outside for smokers that was quiet busy while I stayed there! As I said the room is small, so I would not recommend it for families. I was traveling alone, so the space was okay for me. They helped me with the shuttle to the cruise port! Also, the most important plus about this hotel is that it is next to a CVS store, so you can get your water and would not have to pay the high prices they charge you for water! Hope this helps!

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean view room! You will never know!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank pariskalor
Good morning pariskalor:

And thank you for your review. I am glad you found our services and amenities to be just what you needed. Please know that we also have larger rooms (B Enhanced and B Captivating room types), which come with additional space and are excellent for families.

I am glad you enjoyed your view and hope we can do the same for you the next time you visit.

Until then, B well!

Santa Cruz, California
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I had the pleasure of staying at the b2 miami downtown last week and was very pleased. The service from the Front Desk staff as well as the restaurant was impeccable and the rooms were very clean and stylish. The location was fantastic - across the street from the Bayside Marketplace and a very short walk to American Airlines arena. I will highly recommend the b2 to all of my friends and family.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Good morning Scott D:

And thank you for your review. It's great to hear from our business travelers and see that our property is well prepared to service their needs.

It was great to house you and we will take you up on your offer that this will be your place to stay the next time you are in Miami.

B well!

Port of Spain, Trinidad
Reviewed 2 June 2014

This hotel is in front of the Bryckel Ave., so I felt it was full of daylight.
The room was cozy and had a bathtub. There was no frige, but just after I asked to have something to keep cool, they set up the small frige.
All the staff was friendsly and service was quick.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank bonnemaman5656
Good morning bonnemaman5656:

Thank you very much for a great review and your comments regarding our level of service. Yes, though only our B Enhanced rooms normally come with a mini refrigerator, we do have a small amount of extra ones which we used on demand. I am glad we were able to provide one for you.

B well, and B back soon!

Miami, Florida
Reviewed 2 June 2014

This hotel was a good experience, but not a great one. The check-in process was smooth and our room was ready when we arrived at the hotel (early afternoon).

The first impression of the room was WOW! It was big, bright and clean. Unfortunately, there is little sound proofing between rooms as I heard my neighbors and their music 2 out of the 3 nights I stayed.

The bathroom was very small, too small for both my husband and I to be in there at the same time. Speaking of the bathroom, the maid service only replaced our toiletries once during our 3.5 day stay. Fortunately, they were around when we realized this but if we hadn't noticed right away, we might have been out of luck.

I don't normally comment on the elevators but I feel I have to with this hotel. Although the hotel has 2 elevators, it seemed as though one rarely worked. In fact, one morning, both were down and my husband and I had to take the stairs. Thank goodness we were walking DOWN 15 flights, instead of UP.

Overall, despite some of my comments above, I would stay at B2 again. Its rare to find a modern, clean hotel with a good location that doesn't break the bank. Hopefully, the B2 staff will address some of these details so the hotel can go from good to great.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jaya R
Good morning Jaya:

Thank you very much for your review and your candid feedback. Indeed we experienced issues with one of our elevators during your stay which also slowed down the second one. I know this must have been an inconvenience to you and I apologize for that. Know that we performed the work needed immediately and they were both back up and running in a couple of hours.

I thank you for your comments about the service, the room size, and the value of having it all without "breaking the bank".

Please let me know the next time you are in town, so I can personally welcome you back.

Alphen aan den Rijn, The Netherlands
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We actually just came back home, and I just had to write a review.
Our experience was excellent!
The hotel was very clean and the staff were very kind and helpful.
I loved the fact that, the mall, stadium, stores, bars etc. were just around the corner.
The rooms were clean and beautiful.

The kindness and lovely people made our stay very comfortable, especially thanks to my friend mr. Jose Garcia. The dude deserves a raise!

Thanks again,

You're fave peeps from The Netherlands

Room Tip: Any trip would be fine :)
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Sean G
Sig V, General Manager at YVE Hotel Miami, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Good morning Sean:

And thank you for such a great review of b2 miami downtown. I agree with you that combining a modern looking, clean hotel, with exceptional customer service and a second to none location, will make for the best vacation ever.

I will be sure to pass on your comments to Jose. He is definitely one of our super stars and will enjoy hearing from you through this channel.

B well and B back soon!

Amersfoort, Utrecht, Netherlands
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

It's a good place to start. It's in walking distance of most places-to-see in Downtown Miami. Flagler street, Bayside Market, Miami Metromover and the Freedom Tower.

B2 Miami can easely be found. Especially in the evening. It's the one with the blue neon outside.

The hotel has a nice, clean and crisp lobby. Is has 16 something floors, but only two, slow, elevators.

The hotelroom was refurbished. It was clean and enough room foor two. We had a good view over the front of the hotel, looking towards the park. Being on the 3rd floor, we had no hinder of the slow and usually full elevators. We just took the stairs. Either down or up.

Once you get setteled in the hotel you find that it's an old building, recently renovated. It's noticable when the AC turns on. A lot of noise coming from the equipment inside the walls. The plumbing made noise too. And it takes a while before the water gets warm.

The staff wasn't that friendly, but efficiënt. So good enough.

We had a room without breakfast. For $15 a person per night you can buy breakfast in the ajoined restaurant. We thought it was too expensive, mostly because there was a CSV Pharmacy across the street.

All being said, the hotel does it's best to look and become high end, but they aren't there yet. For now, good place with reasonable prices, considered the location.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Good morning SJvd1980

And thank you for your candid feedback. I very much appreciate hearing about the things we are doing right, and those we can improve on. I am glad you enjoyed your time with us and for your recommendation.

Hopefully we will have you again the next time you come through Miami. I'm sure you will enjoy it even more.