“Hidden boutique hotel”

Ranked #56 of 122 Hotels in Miami
Toronto, Canada
“Hidden boutique hotel”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

This is a nice hotel with very small rooms. Easy to get to from the airport and only a few miles to the Miami cruise port. Bayside marketplace for shopping and dining is an easy walk from the hotel . Compared to the other hotel nearby and where we stayed before ( holiday inn ) this was a much better value for the money. There is a CVS or Walgreen right across the street for those last minute snacks and purchases

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank canadian2011
Sig V, General Manager at YVE Hotel Miami, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Good morning canadian2011:

Thank you for a great review. As you mentioned, b2 miami has pretty much taken the area hotels by surprise, bringing a fresh new approach to lifestyle hospitality at an affordable level. I am glad you enjoyed your time with us, and hope you can make it back soon.

We will B waiting!

Sig Varela

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (343)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We spent 2 weeks here and overall it was very good experience. Rooms are big and clean. The hotel is located two blocks away from Bayside and the AA Arena so location is awesome.
The room did not have a big window but it was because we asked for the cheapest room but if you are willing to spend more money they have rooms with nice views.
As for the bad things about it, I can mention two: Thin walls, so if your neighbours are noisy you are gonna have a bad time. The other thing is that they only have two elevators and this is a pretty big hotel, they would need at least four for the guests not to have to wait a lifetime to get in and get out from it. This was pretty annoying, I felt my life leaving me while waiting for the elevator. Overall it is a good hotel for the price and if you need to be in downtown like us, it is a very good option.

Room Tip: Ask who are you neighbours, otherwise you may not sleep at all.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Good morning Fer_Arg_28

Thank you for a great review. You are correct regarding our room types. We have several different options that offer stunning views of the city skyline and Biscayne Bay. b2's location is also a great asset for tourists, surrounded with everything Miami as a city has to offer.

We will B waiting for you the next time you visit Miami.

Jacksonville Beach, Florida
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I have stayed here twice now and both time were very enjoyable, I have even booked for a third time.

The rooms are smaller but extremely clean and very cozy. The beds are beyond comfortable. The bathrooms are also a bit small, but this is nothing that concerns me as they are very modern and chic.

The views from the 11th and 16th floor are amazing when facing the north. Also directly across the street is Bayside Market Place, great shopping and wonderful food and drinks. Biscayne Tavern, located in the lobby, is very tasty as well. The french fries are amazing. The is also plenty of bars and restaurants in the surrounding area, walking distance.

The staff was super helpful in getting me into a room I could be comfortable in. I give them kudos because it does seem to get a little hectic but they handle themselves very well. The only downfall to B2 is the elevators. You will wait for them. But really this is just a minor inconvenience.

I really like it here and will be coming back.....tomorrow to be exact......6/18/2014

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Good morning 8renden

I can see we have a repeat b2 miami fan in our hands. It is very fulfilling when I have the opportunity to communicate with a returning guest and I make special efforts to share your comments with the team. You returning time after time is the reason we are here and we appreciate it greatly.

I hope to have the chance to meet you in person during your third visit. Please knock on my door next to the front desk and let me know you have arrived.

Until then, B well!

Yamba, Australia
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We were in Miami for a few days before our Panama Cruise and wanted something close to the water and tourist area without being on the beaches. The b2 Miami Downtown was the perfect choice. Centrally location, happy helpful staff and nothing was too much trouble. We had a magic view from our corner room. We only had to walk across the road to access the city tours, harbour and bay cruises, restaurants and lots more. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a central location, great clean rooms, helpful staff and a relaxing time.

Room Tip: Corner room which we had was fantastic but any bayview room would be good. A higher level obviously...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Merle K
Good morning Merle:

And thank you for a great review. Truly our location can not be beat. And as you mentioned, between the service received and a modern looking, super clean hotel, it makes for a great place to venture out and explore this great city.

I know you will recommend b2 miami to your friends and family. I greatly appreciate that.

B well, and B back soon!

Miami, Florida
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Sometimes I post about the various failures and how disturbing it is but like most people, I sometimes forget to acknowledge the good to excellent services I sometime receive.
If ever you are in Miami and looking for a hotel to stay at, I highly recommend the B2 Hotel on 2nd NW and Biscayne. Very clean hotel with much of the decor in white and silver. Love the technology which is a step ahead than most big brand named hotels. An example is that they have white keys with no magnetic strips so you tap your door with the card to access your room. In the elevators, you also tap your card on the reader for it to go up. The staff are amazing. Very courteous, friendly and helpful. One person that stood out was one of the Door men, Jose. This chap remembered my name from day one. Everytime he saw me, there was a smile on his face and greeted me with not only, "hello", "good day" but questioned how was my day, my stay, what I was up to, what my plans were and even made recommendation to places to see, etc. He figured out that I am into photography and would recommend places to go. He also saw that I went running on mornings or late evenings and would have a bottle of water for when I returned. NOW THAT IS SERVICE!!!!
This is what is called, "Anticipating the guest need"! This is basic guest service.

Room Tip: All bathrooms are too small. Best views are overlooking the Port of Miami.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Good morning Ryan

Thank you for an amazing review. As you mentioned, we are dedicated to offering the most welcoming of environments, and technology plays a big part of it. The key system you mentioned is not only the very latest, but also has the added benefit that it limits access to guest floors as you have to you use your room key to move about in the elevators. Many of our guests appreciate having this added feature.

It is of great joy to me when I hear Jose's name mentioned on a review. He is a great asset to the service team and individuals with such great attention to detail are hard to find. We plan on developing him further as I personally know he is only scratching the surface of his potential.

Thanks again, and hope to see you at b2 miami again soon.

Paris, France
Reviewed 14 June 2014

A warm welcom is reserved for you at the front desk by Cesar and Pierre the managers expressing themselves in several languages and the charming Gloria will be attuned to your practical requests for informations and will level the inconvenients you might have. The Helpful and friendly Jose and Carlos will show you to functional but comfortable rooms. A dining hall with bar, with flexible schudeles will be at your disposal. No non-essential or beading but a very correct one quality/price. It is worth it.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank clifford f
Good morning Clifford:

And thank you for a great review. As you mentioned in your review, the core of an excellent hotel stay is a well trained and motivated service team. Gloria, Stanley, Cesar, Jose, Carlos and the rest of our front of the house team are definitely some of the most seasoned, service-minded folks in the industry and we are blessed to have them as part of our group.

I trust that you will B back soon, and when you do, please stop by my office to say hello.

Until then, B well!

Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

We were in town for the basketball so the location for that cannot be faulted. Also across the road there is a big marina with shops and bars. The construction of b2 however leaves a lot to be desired. The walls didn't seem to have any sound proofing whatsoever to the point we could hear our neighbors normal conversations. So if you need a good nights sleep you may not get it here. We also took the stairs a lot (to the 7th floor) as the lift seemed to never come.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Mousey87
Sig V, General Manager at YVE Hotel Miami, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Good afternoon Mousey87

And thank you for your review and candid feedback. I'm sorry to hear you experienced issues with noise in the hotel. Though occasionally we see these comments, it is definitely not often. Nonetheless, I hope you found our service and location to be among the best you may have already experienced. And if your travels bring you back to Miami, we would be glad to welcome you at b2.

B well!