“Offshore and nearshore fishing”

Nomad Fishing Charters
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Nomad Fishing Charters is conveniently located at Dinner Key Marina in Miami's Coconut Grove area. Specialties are live bait, light tackle sport fishing for popular species such as sailfish and tarpon just to name a couple.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Lockers / storage
Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

Have been out on this boat 4 times. 3 great trips and 1 we just weren't lucky. No license, gear, or experience needed. The guide is very knowledgeable and easy going which makes it a pleasure. Recommended

NomadFishingCharters, Owner / Operator at Nomad Fishing Charters, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2017

Thank you, thank you, and thank you!! I'm glad you guys had a good time and look forward to more outings.

All reviews
"skills"
"boat"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed 3 August 2017

First of all, booking the trip was a breeze! We were in town for a business trip and only had one afternoon open. I called Captain O the week prior and he was able to schedule us for that day!!

Being on multiple fishing charters before, I wasn't expecting to be in the action as much as Captain Orly allowed! It was incredible! It truly was an exhilarating experience being able to pull up a King Fish by myself with only his guidance of where I need to be in the boat. Also, his knowledge and patience of teaching us techniques, to all my bizarre questions about the fish we were catching, lures, lines and hooks he is using.

As for Captain O himself, you can't find a more professional, personable, knowledgeable fishing guide. Right off the bat we were talking like we've known each other for years! Hands down the best fishing charter I've been on. I highly recommend Nomad Fishing to anyone who is considering a fishing trip in South Florida. I'm already planning my next fishing expedition down there!

Thank you again Captain for the amazing experience!

NomadFishingCharters, Owner / Operator at Nomad Fishing Charters, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2017

Thank you so much for the review! We definitely have to do it again the next time you're in town. Tight lines, Capt. O

Reviewed 3 July 2017

Let me just say, this was the highlight of our entire trip to south Florida! If you're considering charter fishing, I would highly recommend it with Nomad Fishing! I appreciate that Captain O is an owner-operator. He was the one who answered when I called to book our trip, and he was the one on the boat with us. Very nice, professional, and knowledgeable - he was fun to chat with - and that's important when you're out on the ocean with a guy for 6 hours! The marina was easy to get to, well cared for, and parking was free. As for the fishing - amazing! So much more than we had expected! We started out doing a little bait fishing, which we could've done that for the morning and been fine! It was a fun way to get started and would've been perfect especially for kids. Then we headed out to look for Mahi Mahi. It didn't take long with our knowledgeable captain to find a huge school of them. In about an hour and a half, my husband and I pulled in over 30 'dolphin' as they call them. I'm not a very strong 'fisherwoman', but these Mahi were perfect for me to be able to catch and reel in. When the school had moved on, we headed in to do some reef fishing, which was a nice change of pace. When we were finished, Captain O was so generous to clean and fillet a couple of our Mahi, put them on ice, and directed us to a restaurant only a few blocks from his marina that would cook our catch for us. This was a huge unexpected bonus that we were able to eat our freshly caught fish! And they were delicious! Overall, this was an experience of a lifetime - and next time we're in south Florida, we'll definitely be giving Captain O a call again!

NomadFishingCharters, Owner / Operator at Nomad Fishing Charters, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2017

Wow! It's always nice to hear comments like this. Fishing isn't always perfect but these days make it a worthwhile effort. Thank you for the review. Tight Lines, Capt. O

Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

We went out for a morning of reef fishing and caught a bunch of tasty yellowtail snapper. Lots of fun and we can't wait to do it again.

NomadFishingCharters, Owner at Nomad Fishing Charters, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2017

Thank you so much for choosing us! Hopefully we can do it again real soon.