“Excellent food and environment.”
Review of The Capital Grille

The Capital Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 4,247 Restaurants in Miami
Price range: US$41 - US$80
Good for: Bar Scene, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: SE 5th Street
Transit: Brickell Avenue
Description: It’s fitting that the Miami River’s mouth opens wide at this enticing spot. Incomparable steaks dry aged on the premises led Miami Zagat Survey to observe, “a session here closes the deal every time.” You’ll strike gold in the Financial District with any dry aged steak you choose. We’re close to the Performing Arts Center and the Port of Miami. And next to none in incredible foodand service.
Kelso, United Kingdom
“Excellent food and environment.”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Classic NY style steak house......very plush....lots of leather and brass.....great atmosphere Food was really good and service excellent though possibly a little impersonal.Expensive but good value.chosen wine was unavailable which was a slight disappointment.

1 Thank johnchristinewright

• Greek first
Miramar, Florida
“Outstanding Food and Service.”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I've eaten here at least 6 times for lunch and dinner. Each and every time, the service has been incredible. Truly a classy place. The steaks are one of the best that I've ever had in Miami. It's pricey, but worth every penny.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank fny007
Miami, Florida
“Fathers' Day Dinner”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Fathers' Day Eve dinner was out of this world. Started with sautéed calamari, followed by lobster bisque then outrageously good steaks with sides of roasted mushrooms and lobster mac and cheese. Each thing was great. The service was warm, friendly, helpful and very good. With after dinner drinks, I was surprised with a complimentary Fathers' Day dessert. Fantastic dinner with family.

1 Thank AndyLM45
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Great service and one of the best steaks I've had”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We recently dined here for a business dinner and had an excellent experience. The service was outstanding and my steak was one of the best that I've that had. While pricey, this restaurant is a great place for dinner.

Louisville, Kentucky
“Great food in a calm atmosphere”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I dined here as part of a business-oriented party of roughly 15. With that in mind, I can't comment on the price/value (I wasn't paying); however, my expereince was exceptional.

From a logistics standpoint, we had a nice-sized private dining room and adquate wait staff. The team did a good job spacing the delivery of entrees and filling beverages, etc., and overall the meal was a 'seamless' experience.

The food was very good. Our seafood tower (lobster tail, jumbo shrimp, raw oyster, lump crab and lobster claws) could have had a bit more robust flavor, but the preparation was spot-on and the items were fresh. As an entree I ordered a filet (blue); qualitity of steak was very good and I enjoyed the dish, though it was very slighly overcooked.

Overall, I believe the Capital Grille lends itself extremely well to business functions and formal occasions. From a tourist perspective, I have to think there are more memorable places in the Miami-area, but for a quality meal, the Capital Grille is a safe choice.

Also worth noting, I forgot my sunglasses on our table; they were found/saved by the staff and I was able to recover them the next day.

• Visited May 2014

Been to The Capital Grille? Share your experiences!