“Romantic”

Gibraltar Restaurant
Price range: US$22 - US$100
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Coconut Grove
Ottawa Canada
“Romantic”
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Well this is a very romantic place to eat. Right by the water with few spaced out tables lit by tiki torches and candles. The food was outstanding as was the service. Couldn't get better. Just watch the bill because the gratuity is included.

Visited November 2013
2 Thank ladywithceliacs

coconut grove
“Terrible dinner - embarassing”
Reviewed 20 September 2013

There is nothing going for this place other than the view. Fortunately it is scheduled to close soon. The dinner I had was expensive and so awful - it looked like ....well I can't say....it felt like baby food mush and the taste was so bad that it made you wish it was baby food. Really inedible meal from beginning to end. And this was Miami spice.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank 33map
“Very Nice”
Reviewed 10 September 2013

O.K., my first impression of the restaurant was not good. It looks like a banquet hall that they just turned into a resaurant by adding nice chairs and tables. It has some beautiful views of the water, if their not blocked by trees. Now after that everything got better. The service was phenomenal, my waiter never let any glass on my table get close to empty. He was also very polite, nice, and attentive to our table. He was also very knowledgable about the menu. The food was very good. The sea bass and the fillet mignon was cooked to prefection. The veggies were also well cooked a lot of restuarant over cook them. The place also has a pretty decent wine selection. It can get pretty pricey so be careful. All and all I would recommend this place to someone.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank kraken187
MIAMI
“Another overpriced Miami restaurant”
Reviewed 27 July 2013

The view of the water and Miami skyline is gorgeous whether dining inside or outside under cover or without cover. Service was friendly and pleasant, yet for a self described fine dining restaurant, it was definitely under par. When salads came, waiter did not know who got which one. He also forgot to serve our coffee and had to be reminded.
Crab cake appetizer ($16) was VERY SMALL and not good.( Definitely not enough to share.) Steak skillet ($49) was decent as were the salmon dinners and 3 tiger shrimp with pasta ($29).
Wine markup is huge. Restaurant got busy late- after 9pm. It was an ok dinner, but for the price and ambiance, it should have been great !

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank MIAMISHEILA
Miami, Florida
“The restaurant sucks! Don't use my ratings towards the hotel.”
Reviewed 23 July 2013

Horrendous. Booked my anniversary dinner for a MONDAY (deadest day of the week). Confirmed it that luring and as I'm driving there, I get a cancellation email. I call. They don't know who I am and they're "booked solid". I speak to the manager and he finds me after 30 mins on the phone. I get there and I'm shown to my table... Inside (I asked AND reserved an outdoor, waterside table for 2). I finally get it. But no service for at least 30 mins. During the whole course of the night, approx 2.5 hrs, we had our water glasses refilled 2x. My medium rare filet mignon was medium well. Yuck. Just awful,

2 Thank stacymoya