“Great food and a decent price”
Review of Bongos Cuban Cafe - CLOSED

Bongos Cuban Cafe
Price range: US$0 - US$40
Cuisines: Cuban
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Description: Embrace the authenticity of Cuban culture at Bongos Cuban Cafe, where Miami meets Old Havanas tropical ambiance, cuisine, and style. This magnificent restaurant and nightclub was opened in April 2000 and is located right in the heart of Downtown Miami adjacent to the AmericanAirlines Arena. Bongos Cuban Cafe boasts spectacular views of the port of Miami, Biscayne Bay, and the Downtown Miami skyline.
Reviewed 5 December 2013

We are no experts on Cuban food but for the money we had a great meal. Service was slightly slow but we were well advised over the menu choices and my shredded beef and rice was great. It wasnt busy but they have a great big dance floor and the place is well furnished (I liked all the bongos). Should have tried a few other cocktials ;)W

Reviewed 27 October 2013

This is a beautiful restaurant inside and out located in downtown Miami near the bayfront. It has a festive and tropical paradise feel when you walk in. A DJ playing Latin music ithat is blaring and there are large screen TVs showing old videos of Gloria Estafan and the Miami Sound Machine. There is a large dance flloor in the middle with colored strobe lights as the restaurant turns into a Latin Club later at night. There is a large bar with bongo drums lined up separating the bar from the dance floor. Standing next to the colorful bongo drums is a good photo op. We were somewhat confused with our service as we had a waiter for our drinks, a waiter for our appetizers and a waiter for our dinner but each waiter was professional and took good care of us. We started out with Mojitos which were so refreshing and beautifully presented. They were out of the Bongo souvineer glasses that comes with the drinks which was a little cheesy anyway. For starters we had the Black Bean Soup which was thick and spicy and so delicious. My entree was the Shrimp with Cuban Garlic Sauce, Moro Rice and sweet plantains. My friend had the Skirt Steak with Chimi-Churi sauce, Moro Rice and Fried Plantains. We both had the flan with a cuban coffee for dessert. Overall I would say this restaurant is a must for visitors to Miami. It is fun and authentic and the food is excellent. I would highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

We enjoyed a great dinner and drinks! Awesome Cuban favorites. The waiter was great and recommended several dishes to our group. The restaurant is very neat inside...highlight was the bongos that you can play and the light up chairs.

Reviewed 20 October 2013

We were on our way to the Heat game and couldn't find anything exciting at Bayside and then i saw the Bongos logo. I called and they were open. The hostess was super friendly. We got a great table. They had some specials pre=game due to the game. My son had a Lebron special and thought the mojo wings, croquettes and yuca were great. He had flan for desert and said it was amazing. I had pork sliders - the meat was cold, but eh. The music - all Miami sound machine was great. Clearly, this place rocks at night, judging from the size of the dance floor and the sound system. Staff friendly, service a bit lack luster - but they are selling a concept - it was fine and i would go again, next game!

Reviewed 27 September 2013

I could not be more excited about going to Bongos. You fgure Gloria a d husbands name on it, kts a home run. Well so farfrom exspectations. Dirty, 45 min. to get a drink. (Was not busy] great menu, lots of choice. I ordered seafoo gumbo and the rest of the 9 guest all ordered deffefent items. Evefyone at the Table was surprised when every meaL was worse then the next. As a hispanic male I have eating mh shafe of latin foo. Leardership could not care less. I wrote an email Estrapan entp., GM for this resturant. Stay far away........many great , latin resturangs in south florida......price for price a compkete rip looo [f