“Decent Food, Poor Service”
Review of Denny's

Denny's
Ranked #607 of 4,203 Restaurants in Miami
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Wynwood - Edgewater
Cornwall, Canada
“Decent Food, Poor Service”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Okay, let me just start by saying that I visited this Denny's location while vacationing with my family in Miami. Shortly after we are seated, our order is taken. We must have sat for 15-20 minutes before our drinks showed up, and about 30 seconds after that, the food also does. I understand that food takes a bit of time to cook, but seriously, how much time does it take to pour a few drinks? The food was satisfactory, not unlike any Denny's at which we have previously dined, except for the country fried steak. It was really hard to cut, and felt like rubber. Anyway, we walk back to our vehicle, we notice several electronic devices stolen, and the same has happened to another family of tourists. We head back inside the restaurant to phone the police, and the manager seemed to be apathetic and was hesitant to even call. While I am in no way suggesting the restaurant is in any way liable, as that is not the case, tourists might want to refrain from eating at this location, unless they want to risk their personal belongings taken from them. The customer service could have been a lot better, as well.

• Visited July 2014

West Palm Beach, Florida
“Like Putting a New Dress on an Old Pig”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Over the last month, I have passed by Denny's at this location to see they were getting a make over. They needed one, but as I visited for the first time this morning, I quickly discovered the management has not learned the basic lessons for running a quality business. I walked in and waited a few minutes then I decided seat myself, (it was 5:30AM) and of the approximately 10 booths, 3 had people in them and one was available as all the others were left with dishes from patrons who had left. No bus people? Then I went to the redone restroom to wash my hands and must say they could have saved their $$ because it was filthy, stinky, and I lost my appetite, in spite of the normal signage of telling mgt. of bathroom cleanliness, if needed....obviously, this bathroom has not been cleaned in a while as it has had to be used by male employees and no one has bothered to clean it....I know I would not volunteer to clean it if I worked there. Thus, the mgt. should make this a priority. I did not mention it to anyone as it was obvious this was unattended for a long while. I would guess days, from the smell of it....TIP for Manager: clean thoroughly and do daily or twice daily to easily MAINTAIN a sanitary bathroom with minimal effort and cost.

I was so hopeful this place had "come clean" and upgraded its service and dining experience from it's pre-renovation one.

After 35 years of management trouble shooting, I have discovered a direct correlation of how a business is run by the cleanliness of it's restrooms. Take note for yourself in your future outings.

Now for the food: I ordered a basic build your own Slam. The waitress seemed to be at the end of a VERY long night shift and was very, very, sluggish in attending to my seating or waiting on . me. My order came and it was just an average Denny's Slam. It wasn't piping hot as it seemed to have been under the heat lamp for a while so I guess I will have to continue going back to that "other" international place with the great hot pancakes even though it is well worth going 5 miles out of my way.

I guess the location and the availability of tourists going to this location is keeping them in business. How sad, for the staff and the community. An opportunity squandered.

• Visited July 2014
Sao Paulo, SP
“Great food”
Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

Great food. Big Hamburger. Sirloin was softy and tasty. The sides were also very good. The seasoned fries was by far the best fries I ever eat.

Molde, More og Romsdal, Norway
“Tasty food, good price”
Reviewed 3 April 2014

A bit noisy place, but the food was both cheap and tasty. Ordered the sirloin steak, very good and cost only $12.
A lot of nice staff here, some were a bit stressed out and mixed up our orders, but it was ok. Coke tastes horrible. The milkshakes are good, so is the cinnamon and blueberry pancakes. Large and varied menu.

Visited March 2014
Vancouver, Canada
“How Has The Health Inspector Not Shut Them Down?”
Reviewed 6 January 2014

We were seated at a dirty table with no plates, cutlery, or napkins. They eventually wiped down the table. The was food debris all over the floor. The "service" took forever and they were out of or didn't carry slightly less than half the menu. Just ordering water took forever and ordering the rest was an ordeal. Just getting the waitress to listen to me or pay any kind of attention was difficult. When the food came it had been overcooked but then left out long enough to be cold when they finally brought it. Think "melted" cheese as hard as a rock and just as cold. Not long after the food came, so did the ants. First they crawled all over the window sill but then they started to crawl all over my clothes. This is outrageous. This is perhaps the worst restaurant I've ever been to in my life. Starvation could not make me return.

• Visited December 2013