“Well the food is Spanish and very very good.”
Review of Casa Juancho

Casa Juancho
Reserve with OpenTable
Casa Juancho is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #120 of 4,225 Restaurants in Miami
Price range: US$0 - US$30
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Little Havana
Road Town, Tortola
“Well the food is Spanish and very very good.”
Reviewed 13 March 2014

I am not sure that I was convinced I was entering Spain when I entered the dining room. Take down the Spanish plates and pots, put up some horse brasses and you could as easily be in 1970's iteration of a British pub from rural Victorian times built by developers on housing estates in England - horrid things that they are. But in fairness the atmophere is warm and the food is definitely Spanish and very very good. Excellent country style soup, brilliant paella, creme Catalan, fine selection of Spanish wines, and I was reminded of the weight and warmth of Spanish brandies that were drank and enjoyed very cheaply in the late 60's while on holiday in Spain before nearly free flights and all-inclusive resorts. I really enjoyed the food and the service was friendly and efficient. The parking attendant I would fire in a heart beat. But I get to Miami frequently and I very much look forward to going back for the food.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank marcus w

Memphis, Tennessee
“Below Average Food and Terrible Service”
Reviewed 15 February 2014

Parking attendant was surly. Reception was not welcoming. The decor and atmosphere was above average. The waiter offered no help with the menu, never smiled, never asked if we liked our food, which we did not, and was very disgruntled when we reduced his tip. There was a couple with completely out of control children, running up and down the aisles, singing at the top of their voices. The restaurant never attempted to manage this situation.

Visited February 2014
Perth, Australia
“Amazing Paella”
Reviewed 6 February 2014

I am an avid paella fan and I wanted to make sure I tried this fabulous dish whilst in Miami.
In a 3 way conversation (using an interpreter) with some Spanish people at our hotel, we were tipped of that this was the best paella around. They were spot on. Well worth the half hour wait. Cooked to perfection and served at the table fresh from the authentic paella pan. The service was excellent, they catered for our kids with off menu favourites and the overall experience was fantastic.
The waiters couldnt do enough to satisfy us, they were awesome. There were even a group of Spanish singers that sang Waltzing Matilda to us at our table. Get there and enjoy this incredible experience. Thanks for a great evening.

Memphis, Tennessee
“Authentic Cuban”
Reviewed 4 February 2014

While on vacation in South Florida, I was in search of authentic Cuban. I figured the best place to find it was in Little Havana. I did not trust reviews. I did not ask locals. I drove up and down the main drag and picked the place where the locals were standing in line to get in on a Saturday night, prime time. I was alone, I was seated in a dark corner, and immediately got the same feeling I get from Italian family restaurants up north. The menu is impressive, but I asked the waiter to bring me what he wanted me to have. I don't know much about Cuban food, but what he brought was excellent in quality and preparation. Pricey? Yes. Worth it? Yes.

Miami
“Not an enjoyable experience anymore”
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Reviewing Casa Juancho is no easy task. I have been coming here since it opened (and even before that when it used to be Vizcaya); and yes I know authentic Spanish food. I have seen its decline and this is not a Five-Star restaurant. Unfortunately, Miami does not have many other Spanish restaurants like this-locals can understand what I am saying. You can find many other restaurants serving Spanish food-and very good indeed- but not with the amenities of Casa Juancho. Casa Juancho is well-located, the place is beautiful, it has music, a bar area, etc. Locals and tourists have been coming here for years. I have questioned myself recently: why do I need to come back here? You call to make a reservation and the "lady" that answers the phone is amazingly rude. When you arrive the Hostess is equally rude. You are lucky if the servers greet you at the table. Food quality has declined, the service must of the time is quite "rough", the Tuna sings a couple of fragmented old Spanish songs and aggressively "demand" a tip. Prices have gone up but food, drinks and service have not improved. At the end of the night you add up the bill, the tip for the server, the tip for the Tuna, the valet parking fee and the attendant, the bar tab, the bartender tip, etc. and $200 for a couple is not enough. Then you ask yourself: Did I enjoy it? The answer is no. What is the conclusion? Not going back.

• Visited January 2014

Been to Casa Juancho? Share your experiences!