“ralph, the valet and the rest of the staff”

Miami Airport Marriott
Ranked #53 of 122 Hotels in Miami
Alameda, California
“ralph, the valet and the rest of the staff”
Reviewed 24 February 2014

We used your hotel in January of 2014 and were impressed with the value and personnel.
ralph, the valet went out of his way to make sure we got a cab that would suit our needs. He was courteous and professional and pleasant.
bob groat

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
  • Polish first
Ellicott City, Maryland
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Stayed at the Miami Airport Marriott on a recent overnight connection. There's a shuttle that will pick you up on the departure level. I did not see a dedicated place for airport shuttles (like in most other airports) so I just waited on the curb for the shuttle to come and waived the driver down. I waited less than 5 minutes. The shuttle also picks up for the Courtyard and the Fairfield Inn, which are on the same vicinity.

Getting out the airport could take awhile. Since there are no pickup spots, it seems like you stop every 50ft to pick up someone else. Not the fault of the hotel, but time consuming.

Drive to the hotel was only a few minutes. Driver was friendly and helpful.

Hotel checkin was painless. Went to my room and ordered room service which was promptly delivered.

Rooms are nice and clean but the bathrooms are tiny. So small that the bathroom door almost grazes the toilet bowl when you open it.

Checkout at 5:30am should have been easy, but the front desk was abandoned and no employees were about. After a couple of minutes, the front desk clerk showed up and checked me out.

Went out to catch the shuttle back to the airport (starts around 5am and runs every 15 minutes). When I got out there, there was a big gaggle of people. A few minutes later, the shuttle bus showed up. There was a large family there with a ton of luggage, which ended up filling up the bus.

One of the bellman grabbed a van and loaded the rest of us up to get us over to the airport.

Overall, a very nice hotel with helpful staff.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 20 February 2014

The staff here is wonderful. If you are laying over to connect, this is a great hotel! For platinum members and access to the concierge lounge, the food is great as far as lounges go. Evening meal always has soup! Every time I stay here, there's a different menu that is light, great tasting and friendly staff. The gym is excellent for a workout. Pool looks nice, but I don't swim much at hotels. Maybe I should start! Shuttle ride to airport is every 15 minutes so you won't have a problem checking in on time. Restaurant is priced about average for marriott's and the food choices are excellent.

Room Tip: High floors are quiet. Less children.....
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Providenciales
Reviewed 19 February 2014

we stayed overnight and had forgotten a prescription medication and a power supply for our computer. I went to the front desk and asked the bus/shuttle coordinator for some help and he said "let's go"! We took the small van to the drug store and he waited while I picked up the phoned in prescription. Then we went to Radio Shack where they didn't have the power supply. I knew he was in a pinch for time but I asked if I could run into Kmart quickly and he said OK 5 minutes. I went in and found one. These were important for us since we were flying out at 1PM to the Turks and Caicos. WE got back just in time to load our stuff for the airport and are here on the islands having a great time. His name was Luis Iglesias and was a godsend. Thanks Luis and Marriot!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

The entire staff at the property truly know how to treat their guests. Funny that I called myself a guest, I feel right at home when I here. The staff always "Welcomes Me Back" like family. The property is always clean and the rm is yummers! The opportunity to roll out of bed to a full service Starbucks makes everything great! Free parking for Elite Members, fab Resturant, lounge and meeting areas. I will be back!

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Seattle, Washington, United States
Reviewed 18 February 2014

We are Marriott loyal….We stayed two nights at this property.
Pros: Convenient to airport and cruise ports.
On site Hertz Car Rental.
Several shuttles to airport so wait to and from is very short.
All encounters with staff were superb.
Store is stocked with EVERYTHING you may have forgotten, swimsuits, flip-flops, sunscreen and even sun hats.
Restaurant in full service Marriott is good but a little expensive. Champions Grill in Courtyard has a large menu and is more reasonably priced.
Rooms are very clean though on the small side.
Accessible rooms are close to the elevators, have well equipped bathrooms though room itself is a little small for wheelchair maneuverability.
Complex includes three Marriott brands so you do have access to coin operated laundry machines in the Courtyard property. It is open 24/7 on the 4th floor. Courtyard front desk has laundry detergent!
Cons: On site parking fee and internet cost are ridiculously high.
Not many restaurants within walking distance.
Ice machines only on floors 4 & 6.
I recommend this hotel for 1 or 2 night layover trips.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank JkmW67
Plymouth, Massachusetts
Reviewed 13 February 2014

I have stayed in this hotel both times I was in Miami. Every member of the staff were very nice, knowledgeable and accommodating. The hotel was very clean and even smelled clean. Our bed was so comfortable! It is very conveniently located to the airport and major roads. I love how you can rent a vehicle and pick it up w/o leaving the hotel. I would highly recommend this hotel and I will stay there again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
David_Cesario, General Manager at Miami Airport Marriott, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Dear Julie19745,
I am extremely pleased to hear about your stay with us! I truly enjoy sharing feedback with my associates and thank you for choosing the Miami Airport Marriott. Looking forward to seeing you soon!
David Cesario