“Great food and service!”
Review of The Fish House

The Fish House
Ranked #197 of 4,282 Restaurants in Miami
Price range: US$10 - US$65
Cuisines: Seafood, Peruvian
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Neighbourhood: South Miami
Description: Mom and Pop eatery providing exceptional quality on the entire menu. Have been serving the neighborhood since January 8, 1996. Meals are cooked to order. The ambiance is nautical and relaxed. There is a music venue where Live Jazz and Blues is celebrated during the week, we call it BackRoom Live winner of the Blues Venue Best Of 2017 by The Miami New Times. We are mostly friendly and lovable.
Reviewed 19 June 2014

On Father's Day we went to The Fish House for an early dinner. We had called for reservations and spoke with the owner/manager whose name is Angela. May I say that she is everything an owner/manger should be, very pleasant, professional and makes you feel welcomed and valued as a customer. Our server, Marta, who has attended us every time we go there is truly exceptional and one of a kind. Our food came out hot and just the way we ordered it; and as for their smoke fish dip, all I can say is "WOW"! If you are looking for good seafood, this is definitely the place to go.

1  Thank Griffie2014
AngelarRivero, Manager at The Fish House, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2017

Wow! Thank you so much, angela

Reviewed 6 June 2014

Great place...fresh food good taste and great friendly service. My 6 year old loves the lobster tails and they are priced affordably..highly recommended

2  Thank Jose Antonio M

Thank you very much!

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Found this out of the way place through the internet and Trip Advisor while visting Doral Florida from So. Calif. and looking for an inexpensive seafood restauant. Atmosphere is not romantic but is very friendly casual Old Time Sea Chanty motif. Prompty seated Service was excellant. Couples, families and groups were there on a Sat evening 6:30-7:00PM Got crowded as we were leaving after 8:00PM. LARGE diverse MENU and it all looked good. Crab cakes were among the best I have ever had. They were on the menu as deep fried but I asked for pan grilled and they did it that way. Took 1 "to go" and was just as good reheated!! Smoked fish dip also excellant as were the 2 dinners, Cairbean and Cuban Mahi prepartions. Not a full bar but wine and beer service. For the price, atmosphere and fresh fish/seafood can not beat this place but it is out of the way. Wis it was at home.We are going back tonight for a return trip before we leave Ffloida later int he week.

1  Thank forensic33

Thank you very much!

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I am giving them a good review, due to the food being good and service personnel being friendly and tried hard to take care of my order.

Ordered for pick-up:
Fried calamari, then grouper (not available) and had to settle for Mahi-Mahi, Fish tacos. All these with the portion of rice, beans, crackers, garlic sauce, fish paste, etc.

For dessert, we ordered the tartufo and tres leches (three milks) and here is where it went south. As I get there to pick-up the order, the bags were already "tight closed", so I asked straight up if "everything was there" and the answer was a solid "yes". But to no avail, got home, opened the bags and surprise, surprise...Dessert was not there (of course I paid for it).

I called back and explained the situation, they were apologizing and I will have to go there to get my credit back, as I was already far from the restaurant and not interested on dessert the following day.

One thing for sure, they were amicable and friendly...They were as well on the phone with me.

1  Thank M G
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Off the beaten track, but I am glad my friend suggested we go there. A rather rustic interior adds to the atmosphere. It was Tuesday night and, therefore, 50 cents oyster night! The seafood linguini was fantastic, as for the fisherman's soup it was out of this world. Good service.

2  Thank Moniaits