“Come for a great night of Cuban inspired music!”
Review of Hoy Como Ayer

Hoy Como Ayer
Ranked #14 of 120 Nightlife in Miami
Miami Beach
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 97 helpful votes
“Come for a great night of Cuban inspired music!”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I can't believe that I've lived in Miami for 12 years and had never spent an evening
at this legendary Cuban nightclub...what a mistake!
Having friends in from Louisiana who love music and who wanted a "Cuban experience, I decided to give Hoy Como Ayer a visit.....what a treat!
We came on a Thursday evening, a night when the great Spam Allstars usually play. We were very lucky that we were able to boogie to this wonderful band..believe me when they start with
their drums, sax and horns, you won't be able to sit still! The joint was having a blast dancing
to this very special music.
FYI, as usual in Miami, things start late...the live bands didn't begin until 1145pm. Before that, the club has a large video screen showing performances of famous Cuban musicians,
Including Celia Cruz and a very young Gloria Estavan. Note also that the mohitos are great & the Cuban finger food quite good.
Don't miss this oh so fun place for an authentic "Cuban" night in the heart of Little Havana!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank MiamiBeachFrank

Montreal, Canada
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Good music and great ambiance”
Reviewed 26 December 2013

In my recent trip I had the chance to visit this place, today legendary, in Miami.
Hoy como Ayer is a very intimate place in Miami, with a great ambiance, always with great music, most of the time nostalgic music from Cuba, and also with live shows, they serve food, drinks and prices are very convenient, if you want to enjoy good music, and good food, Hoy como Ayer is the place to be.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Raul C
Miami
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“THURSDAY NIGHTS WITH THE SPAM ALLSTARS”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

BY FAR >> One of the best weekly events in Miami > Going strong for 10 years

This band is what Miami is ALL about.
A mix between FUNK/LATIN/AFRO/BASS with DJ le spam laying down the beats and a complete band taking turns jamming... ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE!!! I ALWAYS make it a point to bring my out of town music enthusiasts here! AND the Spam All-stars ALWAYS impress...

Drinks are little on the high end>> BUT the music is well worth it! Band starts about midnight and there is a 10$ish cover... Rumba intro with percussion and chants showcasing Miami's Hispanic Afro-roots . . .

HIGHLY RECOMENDED

Visited July 2013
3 Thank missmedley
miami
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Over prized”
Reviewed 10 April 2009

I was a local every weekend. We use to go with all of our family members until we realized that the tb was coming for more than what we had consumed. The owners kow that this is happening, but they really don't care. We stopped going a year ago. Sorry Fabio and Eduardo you guys have to solve this situation.

11 Thank oliMiami
miami beach
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Calle ocho with South Beach Prices”
Reviewed 4 April 2008

I am a Miami Native and thought I knew a thing or two about local hangouts. Local hangouts are sopposed to be a place where we can go and enjoy ourselves without being robbed with ridiculous drink prices. I'm not saying this place was terrible i'm just saying that after a 200.00 bar tab for 2 people i will never go back again ! 2 shots cost 25 $ !! Not only that but there's a cover at the door ! And this is sleepy little Havana we are talking about, Not South Beach. The only reason I stayed was to watch Spam Allstars and it was my boyfriends birthday. I guess next year we will be doing it some place else.

8 Thank deemayah