“Worst Hotel I've ever stayed in”
Review of Leamington Hotel

Leamington Hotel
Ranked #105 of 122 Hotels in Miami
Ashbourne, Ireland
“Worst Hotel I've ever stayed in”
Reviewed 21 February 2014

My husband and I booked in for 3 nights after a cruise. The location is great in downtown Miami - however that is the only positive.
The door of our double room didn't close - it locked ok. The "en-suite" door neither closed nor locked. The light couldn't have been more than a 30 watt bulb....the window looked down into a yard of bins and barrels and there was very noisy activity there in the early hours of the morning.
Others have mentioned the antique elevator and lack of "reception" from desk staff. As we had booked for 3 nights I complained and asked if we could be moved to something better and was informed that all rooms were the same!!!
Hopefully this will save someone from enduring this abominable hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank bmkmcd

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 13 February 2014

I needed a place to stay just for one night before boarding a flight to Argentina the next day and the price beat anything else available. But beware...pay less and you get less. Leamington had very little decoration, depressing lobby, and general felt rundown and unexciting. The elevator was super old school with a guy in there operating it, but sometimes he wasn't there so we had to take the stairs :3 The location however is insanely good for downtown Miami. RIght next to a MetroMover stop which can take you to various buses to go to the beach and what not and just a block awat from Bayfront Park. I am a HUGE Ultra Music Festival fan and this has got to be the best location for that. Right next to where the front gates are! The room was very tiny with zero amenities, but surprisingly clean. If cheap is what you are looking for, not a bad option, but I give it a Meh with a Blah.

Room Tip: Get a larger room if you don't want to feel like you are sleeping in a closet.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank RaveLion

Travellers are raving about these Miami hotels

Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

A friend & I stayed here for one night. It was very close to the port and the hotel offers a free shuttle to the port leaving at 1030am. The hotel is VERY basic. We had to switch rooms because the first had a godawful stench. This is no 5 star, there was a full and twin bed in the room, closet, a/c, tv, no blanket (adjust temp), two towels... and it was ok. Shower fine and hot water available. Because of the great location, it's very busy. As it's near the water, theres a very nice walkway..there's shopping across the street with tons of restaurants and water activities-water taxi & cruising aboard a catamaran (thriller Miami). I think it's called bayfront shopping or something. We had a car and parked at 7th st or ave, port of Miami cruise parking which is an open parking lot & short walk to hotel. It was $6 a day so not bad at all. There is no parking at the hotel & the close garages have limited hours & closed sun. We paid about 100 bucks...

• Stayed February 2014
Montreal, Québec, Canada
Reviewed 8 February 2014

We slept there for one night befor running the Miami Marathon. Close to start and finish line.
Verry old hotel; clean but need urgent renovation. Rooms and bathroom old like 30-40 years never renovated ... but still clean. For people that neeed to be there for sheap price ...

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Benoit_Gagnon
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 3 February 2014

We booked this hotel for one night before a cruise because of location and the free shuttle to the cruise terminal. OK - that is the good. Now for the rest of the story. When we arrived and went up to the registration we were ignored for at least 5 min. while the clerk who was right in front of us counted money. When she did acknowledge us there was no welcome or even a smile. The elevator is one I haven't seen for decades. It was the old fashioned one that needed an operator to open & shut doors and get it moving. If the operator was busy you had to wait a long, long time for the elevator to arrive. That was just the start. The room was a dump. It had a very uncomfortable double bed, two pillows and no blanket. There was an old fashioned TV on the wall and no remote. The place was run down and not very clean. We found old used tissues under furniture. There were two towels in the bathroom - no hairdryer. When we went to shower we discovered that there was no hot water either. I know this is cheap by Miami standards, but $119 is way too much for this place. If you can tolerate the place you can't beat the location and free shuttle - just be aware of what you are getting.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank crackers1
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 19 January 2014

This place is extremely basic. My friend and I stayed here for one night before a cruise, simply because it was close to the Port. Like other people have said, the location, being close to the Port, is one of the few positives. The room we stayed in was tiny and the bathroom was incredibly small, but both were clean enough. The towel rack fell off the wall when I touched it and the toilet blocked up. When we reported these faults to the front desk, the response was "we know how this place works". The place badly needs to be refurbished and updated. Surely there must be better places to stay

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank scooter4000
Folkestone, England
Reviewed 18 December 2013

After reading some of the reviews on this site, I was a little concerned about staying here, but I needed somewhere for one night close to Downtown Miami and didn't want to spend too much money, and this place fitted the bill. The reception staff were friendly and the 82-year-old elevator - operated by an attendant - was a real museum piece! My room was clean and a good size, but unbelievably basic - just a bed, chair, desk and a TV. The en-suite bathroom was old but everything worked. It would have been nice to have had an easy chair and some pictures on the walls to make it a bit more homely. There was certainly space for an easy chair or sofa. I never felt unsafe at any time. I wouldn't stay here for a week's vacation, but for one or two nights it's good value and its location opposite the Bayside restaurant and shopping complex is ideal. It is also close to the free Metromover - the monorail system that serves downtown Miami. The included continental breakfast was an unexpected bonus! I expected a bit of noise in this location, but I managed a reasonable night's sleep. The aircon was a little noisy but no worse than I've experienced in many other hotels.

Room Tip: I was allocated Room 429, which overlooked a kind of inside well. Some travellers might have found t...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo