“Run away!”
Review of Miami Sun Hotel

Miami Sun Hotel
Ranked #103 of 124 Hotels in Miami
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This place is awful, the front-desk clerk, was intimidating lacking respect, the hotel was in a pretty bad condition, dirty and stinky and was going through some sort renovation. There was a loud music close to the reception area. I end up canceling my reservation when I saw the condition of the hotel. I do not recommend this place.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Anis74us
There are newer reviews for Miami Sun Hotel

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Inexpensive, decent downtown location, friendly staff...
Looks dodgy, but a family owned small hotel...
Has a bed, a shower and close to Bayside, AA Arena, freeway in and out of South Beach and Brickell...

• Stayed: May 2014
6  Thank One-Mad-Tourist
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Let me state, always pay attention to the reviews. We figured it can't be that bad.
We had problems finding the hotel because of the outside construction. The lobby has wood on the walls. (upgrade in progress I think)
We slept in our clothes and we did not dare use the tub or shower.
The tub looks like someone hand painted it and there is a large rust spot in the bottom.
Do not book at this hotel if you can go someplace else. I will not speak about the hookers blocking traffic down the street. We did not have any problems with the front counter staff.
On the plus side the hotel is only one mile from the cruise pier. If you can spend the extra money stay someplace else.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Therefore4607
Reviewed 29 March 2014

We had to spend a night in downtown Miami during New Year's week as a last minute plan.. hence everything was already booked and/or over priced... Fortunately we found this hotel. Yes this place screams ghetto!! from inside and out... but as travelers my husband and I are very patient and accommodating.. hence we were alright out here.. and thankfully within our budget for such a last minute plan in 'over priced' Miami.. We also saw many college kids here and I guess such a low cost option in Miami is a blessing for them..
Wish there were better/safer/cleaner lodgings/boardings/hostels in this area.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ambience B
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Excellent location very friendly and nice staff, I stayed for a whole week without problems and I would do it again, very familiar. I was able to walk everywhere and the bus station and metromover is very close as well.

• Stayed: February 2014
3  Thank Marcicr
Reviewed 21 January 2014

Well aware of the cheepness of the hotel - I'm still surpriced over the lack of service and the VERY poor cleaning standard - Why run a hotel if you don't have any interest in giving some kind of positive experience. Very bad experience!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Mads Himmelstru... P
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Really really dirty and dangerous. Worst hotel ever. Full of bugs. I spend 5 hours in this hotel, the only thing I wanted is to leave. Bed was broken. Toilet was so dirty that we havent taken our shower

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends