“A Total Disappointment”
Review of Bahia Charters - CLOSED

Bahia Charters
More attraction details
Owner description: Whether you're a local just looking for a few hours on the sea or ready for a weeklong island getaway, our journeys consist of a curated list of destinations we've handpicked just for you. Our day trips and excursions throughout South Florida and the Bahamas offer a mix of adventure and relaxation and can be tailored down to the finest detail. Get in touch with us and create a custom charter for a truly unforgettable experience.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Activities for young children, Activities for older children
Reviewed 16 June 2017

From the moment we booked Laissez Faire, the experience became increasingly disappointing. The owner, Andrea, had told us that the boat/crew would be able to pick us up in Ft. Lauderdale and after finalizing our flights, the captain told us it was never discussed with him that he’d have to travel from Miami to Ft. Lauderdale and that he was not willing to do it due to time constraints and weather conditions. As such, we came to an agreement with the captain to meet in Miami.

Two days before our trip was scheduled to commence, we received an email from Andrea explaining that the captain and his first mate had suddenly quit on her, citing our “unreasonable” desire to be picked up in Ft. Lauderdale as the reason. This news came as a shock to us as we had only two days earlier agreed to meet in Miami and had finalized menus with the captain directly. Confused, we asked the captain of our friend’s boat who was set to sail with us to contact the captain of Laissez Faire as they had been in contact the entire time to organize a meeting point and meal preparations. It was then discovered that the captain of Laissez Faire had quit not because of our request but because of issues in the relationship with Laissez Faire.

We reached out to Andrea to voice our disappointment with the situation and to discuss compensation options as the situation caused not only an inconvenience but also a complete and total disruption of our trip. Past refunding our deposit (as required according to the the rental contract), and referring us to a more expensive charter company, the customer service was abysmal. Not only was there no effort on the company’s part to provide further explanation as to what went wrong, Andrea simply did not respond to us past this point.

I strongly suggest to avoid using this company as they have no remorse.

1  Thank B1972C

Reviewed 4 October 2016

I booked this yacht for my sister's bachelorette and it was by far the highlight of the weekend. The boat was insane and the service was incredible. We had so much fun sightseeing, anchoring so we could swim, and dancing around the bow of the boat. They have a paddle board and other water sport accessories that we used once we anchored in the bay. Andrea and the Captain made the day so enjoyable and were there to help with whatever we needed. We had an amazing lunch and the crew served us drinks and snacks. The absolute best day ever. I highly recommend using them!

andreacross, Owner at Bahia Charters, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2016

creed714, thank you so much for your review! We're so glad that we were able to make your boat trip the highlight of your sister's bachelorette weekend! Thank you again for sharing your experience. We hope to see you back!

Best,
Andrea

Reviewed 31 August 2016 via mobile

My friends and I rented the yacht for a day and it was incredible. Even with 13 people the bot is vey spacious. Very nice quality and plenty of areas for relaxing in the shade or tanning in the sun. We brought some food which the crew cooked for us while we swam around the sand bar. The crew served us drinks and snacks, we had the music blasting, everything was perfect. I highly recommend using them. The service and quality is unmatchable

Andrea C, Owner at Bahia Charters, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2016

Josh,

Thank you for this lovely review! We’re so excited that you and your friends were able to enjoy all of the amenities we offer during your charter. I’ve shared your wonderful feedback with the crew and thank you again for taking the time to recognize the service provided.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Warmly,

Reviewed 31 August 2016 via mobile

I truly have never experienced such an eventful day. From the boat to the crew, it was an out of this world experience. This catamaran delivered such a silky confident ride that defined a modern luxury cruiser. We were greeted as if we were true princesses. My bride was beyond ecstatic. The crew was extremely hospitable and accommodating (especially with a group of 7 wild bridesmaids). We were able to explore so much and still have time to soak up the sun. The yacht was impeccable and the cleanliness of the catamaran was superb. I literally can't wait to jump on it again! Amazing!

Monica,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience, we love to hear you had such a great day!

Bahia Charters looks forward to your return, we’d have you back in a heartbeat.

Cheers,

See more reviews
Reviewed 31 August 2016 via mobile

My friends and I had the best time for my cousins' bachelorette on this boat! The experience from beginning to end was phenomenal! This was our first time on the boat and certainly not the last! The boat was spacious with lots of amenities and rooms to relax and enjoy the view! I can't wait for my next Miami trip! Definitely recommend!

Jessica,

Thank you for your lovely review. It’s great to hear that you and your friends enjoyed your day out on the water and the amenities we have to offer. We strive to make sure our guests have a relaxing experience and are thrilled you experienced just that!

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Warmly,