“#1 Restaurant in Miami”
Review of Crust

Crust
Reserve with OpenTable
Crust is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 4,530 Restaurants in Miami
Price range: US$8 - US$25
Cuisines: American, Italian, Pizza, Contemporary
Description: Acclaimed Chef Kovaceski Serves Distinctive Pizza and His Signature Italian Cuisine For Dine-In, Carryout & Delivery Acclaimed chef/owner Klime Kovaceski and his Australian wife Anita are the proud owners of CRUST Restaurant, serving unparalleled pizza and modern Italian cuisine in the scenic and rapidly trending area by the Miami River. CRUST offers a unique dining experience, starting with the structure itself: The 2,400sf standalone Art Deco building, formerly a private home built in the 1950s, has retained its original charm by way of elegant geometric lines, striking Deco columns, and a lofty 14-foot ceiling. The cool and casual 65-seat dining room also encompasses a lengthy 10-seat bar that is spacious enough for a comfortable dining experience. Our pizza toppings utilize the freshest ingredients and feature tantalizing choices such as Truffled Pizza with arugula, parmesan and truffle oil; Mediterranean Pizza with feta cheese, kalamata olives, eggplant and fire roasted peppers; and our signature namesake Pizza with fig, prosciutto & blue cheese. Concerning the rest of the menu, let’s just say that over the last three decades, veteran chef Kovaceski has accumulated enough tried-and-true recipes to keep everyone happy! Yet CRUST aims to be more than just a great place to dine: Carryout is available as well as a reliable delivery service covering thousands of residents and businesses in the Downtown, Brickell, Midtown and surrounding neighborhoods. “CRUST is not some nostalgic waltz into my past: I’ll leave the Greatest Hits routine for aging rock stars. It is, instead, a natural extension of my passion for feeding people and being part of the food world’s compelling present and future.”
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I don't know where to begin. First, I would advise you to make reservations. This place is fantastic and popular. There is indoor and outdoor seating. The ambiance indoors is romantic, but lively. The waiters, waitresses and Anita (the owner) went out of their way to make us feel like family. Every single thing was amazing and fresh. The tomato sauce was delicious, the shrimp cake was out of this world fresh and wonderful, best meat ball I have ever had. The octopus was tender and had the best flavor. Crust is a wonderful place for couples, friends, family. The portions are huge. We ordered several appetizers to share. We were stuffed! Extensive wine list and drink selection. Close to the American Airlines Arena--home of the Miami Heat. Will definitely return.

Thank you!

Kovaceski, Owner at Crust, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I took my family anf friends to see if we could find the best pizza in the city of Miami and i found it next to th Miami river at Crust please take your time and make sure you have reservations

Kovaceski, Owner at Crust, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

This is the 3rd time we have visited this restaurant & it has always been throbbing with people...jam packed.
The shrimp cakes were delicious as well as our pizzas.
Our waitress was very sweet, & the personnel has always been helpful & friendly.
They are clearly doing something right!!
Make reservations ahead of time cuzz it fills up fast!!!
Berta

Kovaceski, Owner at Crust, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2018

Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

Husband/wife owners Anita & Klime simply “get it.” She mans the door with perfect pitch.. hugging & kissing customers with sweet, welcoming words. As Chef de Cuisine, he seduces us with explosive flavors, sauces, spices, textures, and culinary genius. Dare say, this is among Miami’s best Italian restaurants?! Yep, I said it. The crisp crust pizza choices are sublime; garlic bread ridiculously fluffy; the Parmesan choices (eggplant, chicken, meatball, shrimp) are not to be missed and sized to be shared; and the pasta dishes al dente and al perfect! The neighborhood they’ve chosen to dazzle us with their sumptuous food is an off-the-beaten path, edgy ‘hood that reminds us of the 80’s hit TV show “Miami Vice” in a sexy, good way. I wish all miami restaurants understood this couple’s philosophy of great food & service.. a rarity in our “hot” Magic City.

1  Thank Ileana B
Kovaceski, Owner at Crust, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Thanks for sharing the evening with us! Ileana Bravo

"Ileana Bravo has been a familiar face on broadcast television for more than two decades. Her award-winning reports have been seen in virtually every U-S television market. She has filled the anchor and reporter roles for Post-Newsweek stations and NBC stations and was one of the first television journalists in the country to specialize in health/medical news reporting. After more than two decades as a TV correspondent, this veteran reporter brought her in-depth style of interviewing and on-camera experience to the business world. From on-camera corporate spokesperson, voiceover narrator for broadcast commercials and video presentations, Ileana's commanding presence and voice quality make her a powerful representative for your company or product. Her bilingual abilities, in neutral English and Spanish, are a winning combination. Check out some of her work to see a pro in action and see if she is right for your project."

Reviewed 14 June 2018 via mobile

If I had to use one word to describe this restaurant it would be AMAZING! I was lucky enough to have dinner here with a group of our friends and my two kids on a Friday night. We made a reservation the day before and the table was waiting for us on arrival. We all had taken a look of the menu beforehand and wanted to try everything! Being a group of 8, boy did we try a lot! First we ordered appetizers; fresh fried mozzarella, calamari, meatballs and garlic rolls. Wow, those garlic rolls were so fresh and delicious. And for entrees we ordered three pizzas; one for my kids to share (just cheese), a large pepperoni and one with white sauce! My kids devoured their pizza and my friends loved their pizza as well. My husband ordered the chicken Parm over linguini. OMG that chicken parm was HUGE!!! three large chicken breasts, which next time we can definitely share it. He said it was really good. I ordered the spaghetti meatballs and it was so tasty and delicious. I can't rave anymore about this restaurant. Our server was very friendly, and food came out fast and fresh! I was expecting a long wait time for our food considering the size of our group but that wasn't the case. We came out so satisfied and with leftovers! I can't wait to come back for round two!!

1  Thank NickieV33
Kovaceski, Owner at Crust, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2018

Thank you, we really appreciate it!

Been to Crust? Share your experiences!