“Great Menue”
Review of The Oceanaire Seafood Room - CLOSED

The Oceanaire Seafood Room
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Child-friendly, Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: SW 10th Street
Transit: Miami Metro Rail/ People Mover- Brickell Station & 10th Street Promenade People Mover.
Description: As sleek as a 1930s ocean liner, yet as relaxed as a dinner on the shore, the Oceanaire provides the perfect setting to enjoy Ultra-Fresh seafood, flown in daily from around the world. Sip a Sidecar in the lounge, sidle up to the oyster bar, or kick back in a horseshoe booth before diving into a sea of Ultra-Fresh fish, including steak-cut Alaskan halibut, seasonal favorites like fresh Copper River salmon or hard-to-find delicacies like true Dover sole or bluefin tuna. Our daily-printed menu will guide you, a wine list as deep as the sea will seduce you, and the world's freshest seafood awaits you at the Oceanaire. See you soon.
Reviewed 11 September 2013

Had their Miami Spice menu, great 3 course meal at a good price. The service was outstanding. Very nice bar and dinning room quite comfortable.

Reviewed 11 September 2013

Arrived with a party of 6 with a reservation on a Friday night. They were very accomidating and fit us in. The menu was very intersting and our group all found their food very fresh and tasty. Our server was Pedro and he was very professional and on top of his game without being overwheleming.

Very positive experience at a well run establishment

Reviewed 8 September 2013

Went for dinner with my fiance during Miami Spice. Good options on the set menu that allowed some freedom. Our server was very nice and proactive through the entire meal. Everything was prompt and served at an appropriate pace (an underrated quality). The food was all quite good but nothing mind-blowing. I'd like to go during non-Miami Spice and try some of the full menu as the options looked very comprehensive - about anything you would want at a seafood restaurant.

We definitely liked the ambiance of the restaurant as well. The vintage oceanliner feel was unique but not overdone.

Reviewed 2 September 2013

Miami Spice Menu Choices:

VANILLA INFUSED LOBSTER BISQUE
CRISPY FRIED SHRIMP “NUOC CHAM” Bacardi Silver Aioli & Haitian Pikliz
TEMPURA CARIBBEAN 6 oz LOBSTER TAIL Sweet Chilli Butter, Mango Wakame Slaw & Coconut Rice
BARBEQUE BONELESS BEEF SHORT RIBS “LAND & SEA” Crispy Wakame Scallops, Hash Brown & Chipotle Soy Glaze
BANANA BREAD PUDDING

Food: Sigh… Deep Sigh. If you know me, you know I love the Oceanaire. I even had my mother’s 60th birthday dinner there. I’ve raved about both the one here and the one in Orlando… but now I can’t do that as whole-heartedly anymore. The Miami Spice experience my girls and I had was meh. The food was not up to the Oceanaire standards I am used to. The vanilla infused lobster bisque was extremely bland. From what the others said so was the mahi mahi. The tempura lobster tail was overcooked, and flavorless (one of my dinner companions actually asked for cocktail sauce). I had to send it back. I couldn’t even eat it.

With that being said, the nuoc cham was very tasty. The BBQ short ribs that I received after sending back the lobster was a LOT better. I was very satisfied with the replacement. And though the banana bread pudding isn’t “your mama’s bread puddin’” it was really good. At least we ended the meal on a high note.

Service: Brenda was amazing! She was the highlight of the experience for us. She literally kept them from having an even worse rating. She was polite, knowledgable, attentive… all the things you would expect.

Environment: The blue lighting could be seen as a bit cheesy but it’s a seafood restaurant so I let it go. I love the Brickell area in general.

What to Wear: No explicit dress code but it’s always nice to turn it up a notch. If you are going to be casual chic, no worries there is outside seating. (Yes I put you outside again ha!)

Overall: 3.5 which makes me sad

Would I go again?: Yes only because I know they are better in general but if I were a first timer, nope.

Note: The options on the online version of the Miami Spice menu were COMPLETELY different than the ones we were offered. Not slight substitutions, completely different.

Reviewed 30 August 2013

My wife and I went to The Oceanaire Room for Anniversary dinner. The restaurant had a menu with Happy Anniversary on it. The first time that we have seen that in 30 years. The staff was great and help with everything. The food was very tastful and more then enough. The service was very prompt. If you are in Miami and looking for great seafood and service go to The Oceanaire Room.