“Samourai always Samourai”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 18 August 2012

Here also one of the oldest Hibachi place in Miami, destroyed with Andrew but rebuilt and newly restored. Even though it has changed hands and the chicken livers disappeared from the menu, the place is a great place to take the children out. I always take my friends from abroad there if they have their kids because if you are lucky or if you stimulate the cook enough, it will be a great moment of peace from your kids. The food is traditional Hibachi even though they offer sushi too. I always take the samurai triple and it is great. You can have fried rice too but I suggest one for two is enough. Here again no sophistication in the dishes but straight Hibachi. not the place for date, but great for friends and family.

Reviewed 1 August 2012

Beni Hana's owns this restaurant and it's the same style -- group seating around a hibachi grill. Of course, your experience depends largely on the character of your chef, but overall we've had good experiences here. A little disappointing that most of the chef's are actually not Japanese (as they are in Oregon where I am from), but they do a good job entertaining. The food is fabulous... a little on the expensive side, but similar in price to any Beni Hana's. They also have lunch service which is a very similar amount of food for a much reduced price.

Reviewed 30 July 2012

We have been coming here for years. The protein portion of the meal keeps getting smaller. Really, $14 for lunch and you get 8 bites of seafood? The rice and vegetables are suppose to fill you up. Service can be scarce (beverages arrived during the main course). Waited a while for refills, boxes, & check. Sauces still are the highlight of the place. A/C not working properly--sign has been on the door for two months.

Reviewed 16 July 2012

This is the third time I take my family to dinner there, the food ,the experience, the service are all great while we are there,
However on are way home our stomach start aching and we all get diarrhea please beware. Again I repeat everthing is great
Except afterward sorry I have to be truthful.I thing the health department should investigate.

2  Thank Bernie E
Reviewed 28 June 2012

Strongly recommended. They cook just in front of you, with chefs skilled in the teppanyaki cooking tradition, to the delight of diners and their appetites. Best lobsters you can have. Excellent
sushi and Teriyaki beef.

Been to Samurai? Share your experiences!