Wow, what can I say? Our stay did not go like any of the rest of these reviews! It started off by them putting us in a room with two double beds, that was so small that you had to lift the luggage over, not enough room to roll it past. We had reserved and prepaid for a King room. When I went back down to ask about the mix up, I was told that the hotel was sold out for the night. As I complained a little more, I gave the person behind the counter the date (August) and the transaction number, I was told again that no king room was available. I informed them that I would call my travel agent, and let her know to take the hotel off of their list of hotels, as reservations mean nothing, I was informed that, maybe they could change my room to a king, and move someone else that didn't have a reservation, and had not checked in yet. Yes, that is what they said, how can you be sold out, when you are holding rooms for walk in business? Anyway we did move to the king room. Nothing to brag about. Room smelled musty, but then don't all older hotels close to the ocean?
I will say it is a great location for staying the night before a cruise. From the looks of things, we just had a bad experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of downtown Miami, across from Bayside Marketplace, with over 96 specialty stores and 14 renowned restaurants. Overlooking Miami's Biscayne Bay, the Holiday Inn is just minutes away from the Port of Miami, American Airlines Arena, and the Performing Arts Center. Business guests will appreciate our proximity to Miami's government centers, financial district, banks, accounting and import/export firms. Our entire staff takes pride in providing a friendly and pleasant environment. We would like the opportunity to host your next visit to Miami!Great News! Our new Restaurant Grill is now open. Featuring an American-Italian continental cuisine with an interactive Sport Lounge; also completed is the replacement of guestroom’s window. - The transformations is fantastic with noise reduction, storm resistant glass and phenomenal views of the port of Miami can now be enjoy from all rooms facing bayside. Phase II of our property improvement begins on September 1 through November 15, 2011 and it consists on the renovation of the first floor commercial area, includes new floors, ceilings, registration desk and lobby and the front doors. You are going to love the end result… ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, IHG, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Port of Miami Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Port Of Miami Downtown Hotel Miami
- Holiday Inn Port Miami Downtown
- Holiday Inn Miami
- Miami Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Port Of Miami Downtown Florida