“Did I stay at the same Hotel as the rest of these people?”

Holiday Inn Port of Miami Downtown
Ranked #56 of 128 Hotels in Miami
Reviewed 28 November 2013

Wow, what can I say? Our stay did not go like any of the rest of these reviews! It started off by them putting us in a room with two double beds, that was so small that you had to lift the luggage over, not enough room to roll it past. We had reserved and prepaid for a King room. When I went back down to ask about the mix up, I was told that the hotel was sold out for the night. As I complained a little more, I gave the person behind the counter the date (August) and the transaction number, I was told again that no king room was available. I informed them that I would call my travel agent, and let her know to take the hotel off of their list of hotels, as reservations mean nothing, I was informed that, maybe they could change my room to a king, and move someone else that didn't have a reservation, and had not checked in yet. Yes, that is what they said, how can you be sold out, when you are holding rooms for walk in business? Anyway we did move to the king room. Nothing to brag about. Room smelled musty, but then don't all older hotels close to the ocean?
I will say it is a great location for staying the night before a cruise. From the looks of things, we just had a bad experience.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (2,457)

Reviewed 27 November 2013

Excellent service, superb location and wonderful people made this hotel ideal for me. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at this hotel. Even before I arrived Jorge (reservations manager) and his very competent team ensured that my visit was going to be a spectacular experience. I arrived after midnight and the night desk welcomed me and sorted me out in record time. Within hours I was a member of the Holiday Inn Downtown family. Velesca, Nicloe, Baaha, Jorge (from reservations), Beatriz (restaurant) and the ever helpful and present team of Concierges made my visit memorable for reasons other than the purpose of my visit. I have found a home away from home.Thank you guys for a wonderful first impression.

Room Tip: After staying in four rooms during my 7day stay I can safely say the upper floors are better. Room 9...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Donna A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Port of Miami Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2013

Dear OneSaucyTrini,

Thanks you so much for taking the time to let us know about your great stay with us!! I am glad you loved our wonderful staff and awesome location. All here were so happy to take great care of you and we all hope you will come back to visit us soon!!

Reviewed 25 November 2013

This hotel is located across the road from bayside and only 5 minutes to the port of Miami if you getting a cruise. The hotel can provide a shuttle $5 per person or you can catch a cab to the Port
The rooms are quite spacious and clean. The beds were really comfortable and there is free Wifi. Staff were friendly. Restaurant on site. If you want to go to South beach the bus is across the road $2.50. Bayside plaza has lots of different restaurants and shops.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Jackiesholiday

Dear jackiesholiday,

We appreciate you taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed your stay with us!! Happy you enjoyed the employees, clean and spacious rooms, and our excellent location. Great that we are so close to so much in Downtown Miami- Port of Miami, Bayside marketplace, South Beach, and much more. Please come back soon to visit us. Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your trip to Miami!

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 25 November 2013

After having a horrible experience and another hotel in the local Miami downtown area, we checked into the Holiday Inn port of Miami on Nov 10 2013 (my Birthday). After explaning to the front desk clerk (Mrs. Valesca B. ) our horrible, horrible start to my vaction trip, She assured we checked in early and our check in went smooth. Mr. Valesca was so friendly. Every time we came by the front desk she asked how was my birthday going. The customer service here immediately turned my day around. My room was clean. I could actually take a shower without feeling I am going to catch something.The location was Awesome! I can't say anything bad about this Hotel. I will recommend it to all my friends and I will definitly return if I am ever in the area!

Room Tip: You get what you pay for and it's all worth the money.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Elhallaoui,

I am so happy to hear our team was able to turn around your bad experience elsewhere and give you an awesome experience with us!! I know Valesca was happy to help in whatever way possible to make your stay great! So happy you enjoyed the service and the location near so much. Thank you for choosing to stay with us. Please come back soon to visit us on your next trip to Miami!

Best Regards,

Reviewed 23 November 2013

Holiday Inn Port on Miami is a great place to stay if you are planning on taking a cruise. Its across the bay or by taxi a few minutes drive. The hotel is very clean and well kept small restaurant and bar located in the hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank TourStall
Donna A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Port of Miami Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Dear TourStall,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know you enjoyed your stay at the hotel! Glad you liked the clean room, restaurant and great location. It is a good place to stay with so much within walking distance- Port of Miami, Bayside shops and restaurants, AA Arena, museums, shopping and much more in Downtown Miami. Please come back to visit us on your next trip to Miami!

Reviewed 21 November 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights at the end of our cruise. The location could not be better - just a couple of miles from the port and just opposite Bayside Market Place. The open top tour buses also leave from just outside the hotel, which was very handy.

The rooms were very clean and spacious and had everything we needed, although house keeping was a little bit slow - we came back to our rooms around 4pm one of the days, and our towels/coffee etc still hadnt been refreshed. However housekeeping staff got what we needed when asked.

The other small problem we did have with this hotel was that - having booked a one bedroom suite for myself and my parents we assumed we would be able to enjoy our own privacy, however, the door seperating the bedroom from the living room was only 2 shutters, so the light and noise carried straight through from one room to the other, which was a bit annoying.

The reception staff were very kind and helpful as were most of the restaurant staff, although we did come across a couple with a bit of an attitude problem! However, I would have absolutely no problem returning to stay in this hotel again.

Dear waringstown8,

Thank you for taking the time to give us great feedback regarding your stay! I am happy you enjoyed the staff, clean hotel and the great location. It is good that we are located near so much in Downtown Miami- tours, Port of Miami, shopping, dining, museums and so much more. I appreciate you letting us know how we can make your stay better for your next stay with us on your return to Miami!

Reviewed 18 November 2013

we went on a cruise and left from the port of Miami we stayed at the holiday inn port hotel the night before. we had a great time we walked to the bayside mall which was across the street from the hotel. we had a great time. the hotel was beautiful the lobby was very relaxing. the rooms were very clean and spacious. we had the breakfast buffet the next morning which was very good the staff was very helpful and friendly. a great place to stay.

Room Tip: we had a side view of the ocean very nice. at night the city lights were beauitful
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Donna A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Port of Miami Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2013

Dear David L,

Thank you for letting us know about the great stay you had with us before your cruise! I am happy to hear you enjoyed our location which is near so much-Port of Miami, Bayside, restaurants, bars, the water, and so much more the Downtown Miami offers. Glad you found the staff friendly, the rooms clean, and the lobby beautiful. We hope you will come back and visit us again on your return trip to Miami!