Need a hotel to stay at one night before a cruise date so my travel group chose this Holiday Inn because it's super close to the cruise boat port in Miami. The hotel was super clean and the lobby is very inviting to the eye. Check-in was quick even though there was a short line. The front desk staff was very friendly. Our room was clean and it had a great view of the harbor across the street. The bed was comfortable. Liked that we could control the climate in the room.
Also, there is a great shopping mall with a wide array of restaurants just across the street (walking distance for sure).
CONS: 1. The room is sufficient but quite small compared to the price of the room.
2. The bathroom is sufficient but quite small.
3. Our bathroom door was broken - it wouldn't stayed closed. Offset by hinges I think.
4. The water pressure in the sink was terrible.
5. At check-in this hotel charges a $50 incidental fee which is refunded at check-out
which is standard at most hotels. Word of advice: pay this fee with cash and not
your debit card. The front desk clerk who checked me in charged my debit card
$228 INSTEAD OF THE REQUIRED $50 (supposedly by mistake). That's a huge
difference. Needless to say, I was very disturbed by the carelessness. Use cash!
6. There is NO CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST. The restaurant in the lobby charges.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of downtown Miami, across from Bayside Marketplace, with over 96 specialty stores and 14 renowned restaurants. Overlooking Miami's Biscayne Bay, the Holiday Inn is just minutes away from the Port of Miami, American Airlines Arena, and the Performing Arts Center. Business guests will appreciate our proximity to Miami's government centers, financial district, banks, accounting and import/export firms. Our entire staff takes pride in providing a friendly and pleasant environment. We would like the opportunity to host your next visit to Miami!Great News! Our new Restaurant Grill is now open. Featuring an American-Italian continental cuisine with an interactive Sport Lounge; also completed is the replacement of guestroom’s window. - The transformations is fantastic with noise reduction, storm resistant glass and phenomenal views of the port of Miami can now be enjoy from all rooms facing bayside. Phase II of our property improvement begins on September 1 through November 15, 2011 and it consists on the renovation of the first floor commercial area, includes new floors, ceilings, registration desk and lobby and the front doors. You are going to love the end result… ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Port of Miami Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Port Of Miami Downtown Hotel Miami
- Holiday Inn Port Miami Downtown
- Holiday Inn Miami
- Miami Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Port Of Miami Downtown Florida