The Holiday Inn Port of Miami bills itself as one of the closest hotels to the Port and it's busy cruise terminals. Wow, they were right! It was a short cab ride to our cruise terminal and an easy walk to the Bayside Marketplace and other attractions in downtown Miami.
We spent one night at the hotel, staying there the night before our cruise. We had a spacious, clean room for that night. Since our flight to Miami was delayed, we didn't arrive until nearly 1am - a clean room with a good bed was all we had time for!
The hotel is currently undergoing renovations, resulting in some areas of work in the common areas. We didn't have any issues with the work other than having workers outside our room early in the morning, limiting our views over the ocean.
The only hiccup in our stay was that the hotel was unable to provide us a crib for the night. I had called the hotel earlier that week to request a crib and was assured one would be available. When we arrived, we asked about the crib since it wasn't in our room. Somehow, the request had not made it to the people who provided the cribs, so one was not available for us. The night attendant was very apologetic, which helped, but still wasn't ideal for us and our daughter. However, we made it through the night and proceeded to have an enjoyable vacation!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of downtown Miami, across from Bayside Marketplace, with over 96 specialty stores and 14 renowned restaurants. Overlooking Miami's Biscayne Bay, the Holiday Inn is just minutes away from the Port of Miami, American Airlines Arena, and the Performing Arts Center. Business guests will appreciate our proximity to Miami's government centers, financial district, banks, accounting and import/export firms. Our entire staff takes pride in providing a friendly and pleasant environment. We would like the opportunity to host your next visit to Miami!Great News! Our new Restaurant Grill is now open. Featuring an American-Italian continental cuisine with an interactive Sport Lounge; also completed is the replacement of guestroom’s window. - The transformations is fantastic with noise reduction, storm resistant glass and phenomenal views of the port of Miami can now be enjoy from all rooms facing bayside. Phase II of our property improvement begins on September 1 through November 15, 2011 and it consists on the renovation of the first floor commercial area, includes new floors, ceilings, registration desk and lobby and the front doors. You are going to love the end result… ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, Ebookers, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Holiday Inn Port of Miami Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Port Of Miami Downtown Hotel Miami
- Holiday Inn Port Miami Downtown
- Holiday Inn Miami
- Miami Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Port Of Miami Downtown Florida