“Awesome Stay!”

Holiday Inn Port of Miami Downtown
Ranked #54 of 128 Hotels in Miami
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I would definitely recommend staying at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami Downtown! Spacious, clean and comfortable rooms with an awesome view and a great location! We were greeted by Romme, who immediately welcomed us, took our luggage and organized a wonderful land/sea tour of Miami!! Definitely ask for Romme, his service is outstanding!! We had a delicious dinner and breakfast at the hotels restaurant. Wonderful stay!! We will definitely be coming back!

Room Tip: Biscayne Bay View on upper floors!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank KathrynF86
Donna A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Port of Miami Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Dear KathrynF86,

Thank you so much for staying with us on your visit to Miami! I am so happy you had an awesome stay and enjoyed our great views of the bay, comfortable rooms, restaurant and our wonderful location. We are fortunate to have the best location in Downtown Miami near so many great attractions. We look forward to having you stay with us again on your next visit to Miami.

Donna

Write a ReviewReviews (2,453)

Reviewed 14 July 2014

if you are looking for a nice hotel for a 1-2 night stay that won't break the bank, the Holiday Inn Port of Miami is it! Spacious clean rooms with updated tile in bathroom. Hotel staff friendly and accommodating! Location is great - across from Bayside Market Place on Biscayne Bay Blvd - great restaurants and bars as well as decent shopping. Port of Miami less than 10 minute taxi drive (taxis easy to get - right outside the hotel). If you need some where to stay in between cruising - this hotel is for you!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank patmatleo0

Dear patmatleo0,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us on your visit to Miami! I am happy you enjoyed our spacious rooms, friendly staff, and the awesome location near so much to walk to in Downtown Miami. We do hope to see you back again soon for a visit.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

We stayed 5 nights in May before boarding a transatlantic cruise on NCL Star for 14 nights. The hotel was right across the street from the Bayside Park, with many restaruants and fun things to do. Also all the tour buses left from the park. The hotel gave us a terrible tiny room and as soon as I saw the room I ran down to the desk and asked to be moved to a room with a view. We moved right away to a super room overlooking the main street and could watch all the activity on the main drag. The swimming pool was nice, the restaurant had steak & lobster and also very nice breakfast all for a fee of course. they even had a nice bar. I smoke and that was not a problem as smoking was allowed outside where they placed benches and the people watching was fun. Also smoking was allowed in the pool area. Anyway our room was clean and confortable and I would recommend this hotel, but besure and tell the desk if you hate your room.

Room Tip: Don't let them put you in a tiny room with a view of the airconditioner on the roof! Airport-we...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jean C
Donna A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Port of Miami Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Dear Jean C,

Thank you so much for staying with us! I hope you loved your transatlantic cruise. We appreciate you letting us know you enjoyed your stay with us, and that you got a room with a view you loved. Happy you enjoyed our great location near so much to walk to in Downtown Miami and near the Port of Miami. We hope to see you back again on your next trip to Miami.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Stayed at this Holiday Inn at Port of Miami a year ago. Loved that room and visit. I can say in all honesty that this time was different. You still park in the rear of the hotel, however, this time all parking is Valet with a charge approximately $30 a day. There is a lot adjacent to the hotel that you can park and may be between $10-$20 a day however it may be a little hike to the hotel especially if you are carrying your luggage. The lobby was very nice and the staff was very courteous and efficient. The only complaint I had was that we were staying 2 nights. The first night was paid for with reward points and the second night I was paying in full. Because of this, the reservation had to be made in 2 reservations in lieu of 1 therefore, when we arrived, they initially said that we were staying one night. I had to correct them that it was 2 nights. They did see the second reservation and made sure that I could stay in the same room. Thankfully I could. However, I had to go back to the front desk to have them run my card again on the second day. I would think something could be done differently with both the reservation and the check in (not having to do it twice). We were checked into our room - 822. Previously we were on the 10th floor and had a view of the Bayside Marketplace and the port. Loved it. This time we had a view of the air conditioners. I know we can't all have a terrific view every time and in a city you have to take what you can get but, if I have my druthers.... The Elevators are evidently being upgraded which is good because they are not very fast. There are 3 elevators so we only had access to 2 at times. As we got close to the elevators, there was a musty smell that they were trying to control but it has got to be hard with a basement and hot humid weather. Our room was nice but on the small side with a king-sized bed in it. Bathroom had one sink and is on the small size. There was a table with 2 chairs for sitting at the table. Room does not include refrigerator/microwave but requested one and it was delivered with no additional charge. There is a bar and dining room at the hotel. The breakfast buffet is $13.95 per person plus tax with OJ not included in the price. The food is good. Did not care for the potatoes but the rest of the food was good. This hotel is directly across the street from the Bayside Marketplace which has restaurants, shopping and tourists type offerings (boat rides, etc.). I would stay here again but request a room on the 10th floor facing the port. There is a CVS located about a block and half away from the hotel that you can tell is visited by many in the area and they were always busy. However, they had bananas, apples and oranges for sale along with frozen dinners and such. If looking to save some money by not going out to eat, this may be an option. Several new restaurants scheduled to go in at Bayside so I would check the website for Bayside to see what they have. We did order a room service pizza. Not bad. 10" pepperoni pizza, $12.95 plus tax and gratuity was about $18.00

Room Tip: 10th floor has refrigerator/microwave. Also if you want to look at over city, specify this. Not th...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Edna B

Dear Edna B,

Thank you so much for coming back again this year to stay with us! I truly appreciate all of your feedback and have shared them with our team. I apologize for the mix-up in your reservation and for us making you check in again for the second day. You are right that we need to fix that. Your comments will help us improve. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and like the location and our staff. Please come back and visit us again soon.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

This is one of the worst hotel that I've ever stayed in. I payed $200 for a room that was worth about $30. We arrived at the hotel early due to our flight. When we got there to check in the room wasn't ready, but that wasn't a big deal because we were early. However when we got there to check in the receptionist had an attitude. He was suppose to call me when the room was available. I never got a call we sat in the lobby for about 2 hours I finally went back to the desk to check on the room.

• Stayed: June 2014
10  Thank Misshollis

Dear Misshollis,

Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay! I am sorry you had to wait for your room and no one called you to let you know when it was ready. I do hope you had a better experience when you did check in and all was good with your room and stay. Again, I am sorry.

Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Loved the location, opposite bayside which has loads of shops, bars, food and boat trips.
Hotel is of very high quality, beds are cloud like and rooms very clean and roomy but could probably do with an update now but no biggie.
Continental breakfast is cereal, toast, ham, cheeses, fruit and pastries. Good quality and fresh.
Pool isnt very large but sufficient for a cool down or quick dip but you are in Miami too much to do why sunbathe? Wi-fi was a pain, logged on ok but kept logging you out as soon as you were inactive. Car parking was advised as $12 pn but was only offered valet at $25 pn, the valet guys were very helpful and friendly though.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mandy K

Dear Mandy K,

Thank you very much for staying with us on your trip to Miami! I am glad to know you enjoyed our great location, cleanliness and breakfast. We are fortunate to have so much to do within walking distance of the hotel, and close to many different areas. We hope you will come back and stay with us again on your next vacation to Miami.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Worst Holiday Inn ever. I've always thought Holiday Inn was quite consistent but...I was wrong. The price was very high for a closet of a room. For $232.00 a night I would have expected much more. Was told I would have a view and what I got was a brick wall. The bathroom door wouldn't even open all the way it was so small. The whole hotel smelled very musty with lots of chipped paint in the room and in the public areas.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank LaurenLangdon
Donna A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Port of Miami Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Dear LaurenLangdon,

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback regarding your stay back in January! Please accept my sincere apology for giving you a less than acceptable experience. I am not sure if you shared your comments with our team since it was about 6 months ago and we are trying to figure out what happened. I am sorry and will use your feedback to insure we have fixed the concerns you had.