“Not my expectation but the gentlemen at the front desk was helpful, inviting and attentive” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Red Roof Plus+ Miami Airport

Red Roof Plus+ Miami Airport
Ranked #77 of 121 Hotels in Miami
Providenciales
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

My husband and i visited Miami and decided to stay at Red Roof Inn because it looked fabulous online but when we got there it was totally different. The room was very dark and had a funny smell..the walls were not soundproof. The free breakfast was horrible by the time my husband got down at 7 am everything was gone! Ugh!!!! Frustrating! We didn't have any hot water in the bath but the maids keep the room clean. We would leave at 8 am and when we came back the room was spotless! I loved that!! The gentlemen at the desk was soooo nice and helpful (forgot his name). I thought i had lost my phone and he was so helpful( i ended up finding my phone in the car). As soon as we came to the front desk he immediately gave us his undivided attention...we really appreciated that

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
i0255, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Miami Airport, responded to this review, 2 January 2014
Thanks for your review. I am sorry you missed breakfast, it is served until 9:30 AM and we have 2 serving stations with an attendant available to assist. We do use several types of room refreshers of which we always receive positive comments , however we will tone it down so it is accommodating to all guests. We are delighted that our staff was attentive to your needs, it is just a part of culture to serve our guests well. Thanks again for your business and we hope to see you on your next trip to Miami.
John

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
  • Czech first
  • Turkish first
Ellijay, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013

The pictures and online description are great, so at a small discount I thought I was getting myself the best, in the price range, a real treat! Well.. the disappointment started at the airport. Their website says they provide a free shuttle to the hotel. I was ok with once every 20-30 min, even prepared for it, really. Lo and behold, over 45 min goes by when the shuttle does finally decide to turn up, while every other hotel's shuttle (especially econo lodge, La Quinta, Best Western, few other big names) have passed by every 5-10 mins. Finally, I get to my room, realizing the pictures were taken by a REALLY talented photographer. Ok, no big deal. I try the internet, as I'm supposed to meet my colleagues the next morning-nothing. Not my phone, not my laptop-there's no connection. So much for free internet. I resort to watching TV. Finally, having to get up at 6 am the next morning, I think it's time to hit the sheets. Only, I start noticing, the noise levels are not at all what the hotel boasts as "quiet" and "soundproofed". There's a gaping space under the front door, so all the hallways noise goes directly in; everytime someone flushes the toilet, you can hear it; the neighbours were clearly partying all night,and with paper-thin walls i could hear everything! And, of course, the airplanes- I mean, how on earth can you build a hotel without any soundproofing when it's next to the airport? ridiculous. The end result: I got no sleep, waking up to a very poor breakfast and crowded rooms with nowhere to sit. I don't know what on earth they meant by "coffeehouse style coffee"-it's a typical drip crap, with your standard powdered creamer, etc- they didn't even have any tea left in the morning.
Overall, the worst hotel stay I've ever had by far. I really think I would've been better off sleeping on a bench at the airport.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for submitting a review on our hotel, we are sorry that your stay did not meet your expectation. We do offer a free shuttle service to the Port of Miami for cruisers hence we do not go to the airport during this period, it is noted on all our advertisements and travel sites. Sorry you missed tea at breakfast, both of our food stations are stocked with tea. We do offer a continental and not full breakfast, this is done so we can present the best rates within the airport area. Again, we apologize and hopefully you will come back and see us on your next trip to the area.

Brantford
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2013

We booked the Red Roof Inn in Miami near the airport for a one night stay in hopes of leaving our vehicle there for an eleven day cruise. My advise to anyone doing so is to book through Expedia to get the best rate for parking. The room was unclean, the airconditioner did not work (the hallway was cooler) and the breakfast buffet was a joke. The parking for the extended period cost $55 US.

Room Tip: Choose another place to stay. We used the LaQuinta next door a couple of year ago. Wish we had gone...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
i0255, Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Miami Airport, responded to this review, 28 December 2013
I am sorry to hear about your experience at the hotel. We do take pride in the good customer service our staff has given over the years. We will certainly make appropriate repairs to the Airconditioner ensuring that it is maintained at a suitable temperature for this climate. Hopefully, you will reconsider and stay with us again the next time you are in Miami.
Thank you.
Filbert
Memphis, Tennessee
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2013 via mobile

I mean, what else to expect from a property at the airport. They have a huge traffic and no time to clean their rooms properly. The bathroom was dirty, WiFi connection was slooooooooow like old-fashion dial-up, and they definitely had a parking problem. Oh, and a front desk clerk was chewing gum.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your review. We are committed to providing the best of service therefore feedback is very important to us. We have taken note of all issues you described and will ensure that these are resolved. We thank you for visiting us and hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again when next you visit Miami.
Thanks.
Filbert.
Holland, Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2013

The Parking lot is behind a locked fence. The pool area is ok, but people who party there dont clean up the trash they leave behind. The 2nd building door does not close on its own all the way therefore leaving the door accessible to people not staying there. The room floors are completely slimy no matter where you walk it feels like there's a cover layer of sticky blackness and my socks were filthy. We wore our flip flops to go to the bathroom. The cleaning staff are rude I had to empty our own trash and for 2 days the floor never was swepted. Nora the front desk staff was the only good thing about the hotel and was able to direct us to a good resturant within walking distance (and not the one next door) .The breakfast is very sad with a choice of a bagel, or muffin or toast and coffee and juice. And very busy if you dont get there early.The bed is comfortable , as are the pillows . Also there were hair and grim on the floors . The neighborhood are scary as well . There is nothing to do in the area unless you pay for a cab.

Room Tip: We stayed in the second building and Nora gave us a big room.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your kind comments regarding Nora our service staff. I am very sorry to hear about your experience. As a brand we are committed to a safe and clean environment. We will ensure this issue is resolved immediately. Thank you again for staying with us and hope to see you on your next trip to the area.
Filbert.
Miami, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2013

Good
The price . Around 60 uss with special offer
The swiming pool
The parking
The bus to airport. Every 30 mins
The not so good
The noise. Im not talking of the planes but the walls are so thin that if you have noisy neighbours you want be able to sleep. Cross your fingers.
The breakfast. Only a few tables for many guests. You will see people queuing to have breakfast unless you take it at 6 am when they open.

Overall ok for a few nights waiting to come back home

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Coco P
Thank you for submitting a review on our hotel. We are very sorry that we did not meet your expectations. Thanks for your observation regarding the swimming pool, the parking and the airport bus. We trust that we have addressed your concerns and hope to see you on your next visit to Miami.

Thank you.
Filbert
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2013

On 12/8/13 my wife and I had the pleasure of meeting Jessica at the front desk, which turned our day around. We had driven from Key West and unfortunately had a battery issue with my I-phone and GPS. We explained to Jessica that we were lost and needed to use the business center to print directions to the Lauderdale Airport and charge my phone. Instead, Jessica offered to print us directions directly to the rental car return location and invited us to relax in the lobby while the phone recharged. Needless to say we were surprised by Jessica's offer, in that we had not even stayed at the hotel. It was a pleasure to meet Jessica and witness first class customer service that she provided. We will highly recommend this hotel and will share our experience to our personal and business friends when traveling in the Miami area.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
i0255, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Miami Airport, responded to this review, 23 December 2013
We are delighted that you had a good experience with Jessica at the front desk. This is an example of the type of service offered by our staff. We are very happy we were able to help with directions, our staff is very knowledgeable of the area and always willing to give assistance. We also keep maps and area attraction information at the desk to assist with your travels.
Looking forward to seeing you on your next trip to Miami.